cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day data plan question

diya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When 'building' a 90 day plan, there are options for 1.5 GB and 3 GB/90 days.
Is this 1.5 or 3 GB TOTAL throughout the 90 days?

Then there's, for example, 6+1.5 GB bonus. Does that mean 7.5 GB per 30 days, or again, a total throughout the 90 days? 

If they both mean the same thing, why do some options have /90 days after them?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Hey @stonechucker, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll make sure this gets addressed, as I agree the buttons should be standardized. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker, that's not what I meant but I can see how you read it as such.  Thanks for clarifying it more if others found it confusing.

Technically what I meant was the +1.5 is bonus data included with whatever amount of GB it is beside, and at the next cycle whatever was used gets reset back to zero and again you have the +1.5 and whatever amount of data the plan originally included.  

@diya, I've reread your original post, and I now see what you're asking about.

Unfortunately, in the list of 90-day data amounts, there are a couple buttons NOT DISPLAYING the /90-day.

Those buttons are programmed behind the scenes as a 90-day cycle, but the text doesn't say it.  The graphic above to column does show the 90-day, but the mislabelled buttons are different than all the others in.

@Brooke_C@Alan_K, can someone in tech look at the standardization of these buttons to remove confusion?

@dna2016 wrote:

@diya, as everyone has mentioned if you select 90 day plan, the data mentioned is provided throughout the entire 90 days, not every 30 days.  So if you have 3GB over 90 days you can use as much of that throughout the 90 days as you like.  For example if you use 2 GB in one month then you'll have 1GB remaining for the final 60 days, so you'll have to really watch your usage.  If you don't use up all your data in the 90 days it does not carry over into the next 90 day cycle.  Once you use up your amount within the 90 days then your data will no longer work until the new 90 day cycle begins.

And when you see the +1.5 then that is added with whatever amount it's beside (because it's a promo bonus data), and you have again 90 days to use it all, then resets on the next 90 day cycle.

@dna2016, the portion I bolded in your post is worded in what I see as a misleading fashion.

These +1.5 or any amount are part of the entire data or the entire cycle, whether 30 or 90-day.  Unfortunately, other providers tend to limit "bonus data" on plans for a limited time (either months or years).  Public Mobile doesn't limit the bonus and allows the X+1.5 data amount to continue on the next renewal, and onward until the subscriber ends their plan, or changes their plan.

The way I read your post, you're saying next cycle, the +1.5 is removed.  It is not.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@diya, as everyone has mentioned if you select 90 day plan, the data mentioned is provided throughout the entire 90 days, not every 30 days.  So if you have 3GB over 90 days you can use as much of that throughout the 90 days as you like.  For example if you use 2 GB in one month then you'll have 1GB remaining for the final 60 days, so you'll have to really watch your usage.  If you don't use up all your data in the 90 days it does not carry over into the next 90 day cycle.  Once you use up your amount within the 90 days then your data will no longer work until the new 90 day cycle begins.

And when you see the +1.5 then that is added with whatever amount it's beside (because it's a promo bonus data), and you have again 90 days to use it all, then resets on the next 90 day cycle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc not married but yes I changed my community email address to her self-serve account email (and turned of all email notifications so as to not drive her nuts LOL).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@stonechucker @RobertQc personally, I'd rather see them FIX the renewal processes to make it much closer to 100% reliabile (I know it will never be 100%), and then discontinue offering the 90 day plans (with grandfathering for existing plan holders of course) for simplicity.  

@srlawrenI will take a stab in the dark here and say you must be on a 30 day plan? 😛

@RobertQc good guess, but actually no.  I was on a 90 day plan from Oct 2015 though spring this year, when I actually took a Koodo migration.  So my own line is actually neither 30 or 90 days, it's calendar-monthly.  😉  But my better half is still a PM customer and is still on the same 90 day plan she's been on since signing up in I think spring of 2016 or so.  

I definitely see the value in the 90 day plans (or used to, when they were cheaper!).  I just think they are too confusing for new customers and I'd rather see the offerings streamlined to a single term.  

@srlawrenWow so you don't even have service but you continue to help out? Or did you link this community account with the wife? You are a trooper I have to give you credit.

I don't even need the 90 day plan to be cheaper, I am willing to pay the existing promotional offer x 3 for 90 day. Not asking for a discount.

@srlawren wrote:

I'd rather see the offerings streamlined to a single term.  

At least you can rest easy knowing all the promotions are offered to a single term 🙂

srlawren

@RobertQc wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@stonechucker @RobertQc personally, I'd rather see them FIX the renewal processes to make it much closer to 100% reliabile (I know it will never be 100%), and then discontinue offering the 90 day plans (with grandfathering for existing plan holders of course) for simplicity.  

@srlawrenI will take a stab in the dark here and say you must be on a 30 day plan? 😛

@RobertQc good guess, but actually no.  I was on a 90 day plan from Oct 2015 though spring this year, when I actually took a Koodo migration.  So my own line is actually neither 30 or 90 days, it's calendar-monthly.  😉  But my better half is still a PM customer and is still on the same 90 day plan she's been on since signing up in I think spring of 2016 or so.  

I definitely see the value in the 90 day plans (or used to, when they were cheaper!).  I just think they are too confusing for new customers and I'd rather see the offerings streamlined to a single term.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

I agree that would be nice for them to fix the issues but don't want them to remove 90 day. I am on a 90 day plan, and actually I wish they had a 180 day plan, heck I would even on the 1 year plan if they had it.

Its not fair to take things away from the many because the few do not understand it or want it. It's easy to ignore something you don't want or need, but its not easy for those who want something that is not available.

There could be a simple hidden link to bring you to the "advanced user configuration menu" where a warning comes up LOL

warranty.png

Like they say, this is a "self serve" community. A "do it yourself" kind of place. It's silly they need to baby proof a place that is supposed to be filled with advanced users. Maybe remove the ability to access it easy, remove it from stores, make it invite only, special promotional codes, something to hide from the general public that doesn't know the difference between a rock and an orange.

@stonechucker wrote:

It's the failure to read what is on the screen that catches people, or the in-store staff at partner locations who tell false truths.

@stonechuckerWell said. I am tired of being punished and have less options because of these people.

@RobertQc, I find it's explained very well - both the plan builder in Self-Serve and the general plan page outside of Self-Serve, clearly state data is over 90 days.  Whether it says /90days above the column, or on each button.

It's the failure to read what is on the screen that catches people, or the in-store staff at partner locations who tell false truths.

@srlawren, if the 'value' of the 90-day cycle was to return for all plans, that would be my preference.

But certainly fixing all known/discovered bugs is my priority also. But in the current environment, nothing is ever going to be how we like it, as Telus wants dollars in their pockets, and not in ours, and the shareholders don't care about the end users down here in PMville.

srlawren

@RobertQc, good point!  1/3 less (potential) frustration!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

It bothers me that public can't explain this better . As it currently sits the 90 day plan never gets any promotions (lol.... because its too confusing for customers) ... well then EXPLAIN IT BETTER!

The 90 day plan in my eyes is the only option. 1/3 less renewals = less renewal failure, and a data bucket! I am willing to lose the 1-2$ on a referral leaving VS data bucket + 1/3 the chance of renewal failure.

How many customers flip out when their auto-pay fails, or see account suspended, expired, service stops working at renewal, data does not reset at renewal, etc. There could be the potential for 1/3 less complaints and angry customers if they could just explain how a 90 day plan works and start extending the promotion to 90 days.

When the 90-day plan is selected, all data amounts are for the full 90-day cycle.  Whether it is a 'bonus' amount or a regular amount, it's for the entire cycle.

30-day plans have separate listings in the plan selector, for 30-day cycles.

Recently, I've seen display issues in the plan selector in the My Account (Self-Serve) interface.  It's another glitch that hasn't been fixed, and I only see it when I'm jumping back and forth between selections of 30 and 90-day cycles, trying to compare prices.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@diya wrote:

When 'building' a 90 day plan, there are options for 1.5 GB and 3 GB/90 days.
Is this 1.5 or 3 GB TOTAL throughout the 90 days?

Then there's, for example, 6+1.5 GB bonus. Does that mean 7.5 GB per 30 days, or again, a total throughout the 90 days? 

If they both mean the same thing, why do some options have /90 days after them?

Thanks

It's a total for the 90 days, but in some ways that's good because one month you may use more data, and other months you may use less.

Need Help? Let's chat.