Did you mean: 

90 Day plans

BabyBluez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone know about the 90dat plans? 

9 REPLIES 9

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BabyBluez I would say if there is a benefit to 90 days, is so you can put aside that $25 each month and put it in a savings account and let it collect interest, and then make the 90th day payment.  Not much interest on that but I guess that would be the only benefit.  

I liked the 90 days just for that reason, allowed me to put that money aside and let it collect interest, and then put that interest in another bucket that collects more interest ($75 every 3 months sitting in a basic 2% interest or tax free account will get you some small change, or pennies, but hey I'll take free money any day regardless how little).  By making payments every month you don't get that opportunity to put aside that 3 month amount to collect interest. 

Other than that there is no benefit to 90 day or 30 day.  But from what it looks like it's only a matter of time before they completely phase out all 90 day options.  So if you like it then I suggest you jump on it now before that option is no longer available.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi. You could pre-load funds into her account by credit card or voucher. The plan price would come off the credit.

If you had the $15 Plan, $45 would be good for 3 months.

BabyBluez

Your right and I haven't been happy with the network..I'm always getting knocked off the network and on several occasions haven't been able to make or receive calls due to system error in which I am still waiting for resolve..so probably better. Not to jump into hastily . thanks

@BabyBluez 

If you don't use data, the 90 day plans offer no significant advantage.  There is no discount at all for the 90 day plans.  

You need to build your own plan for 90 day options.  Have a look to see whether it meets your needs.  

BabyBluez

Thanks, I don't use mobile data just talk and text.. basically was thinking I could pay for my daughter's plan every 3 months..

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BabyBluez 

There is no cost advantage for the 90 day plans.  The only significant advantage is for data, unused data portion for that month will roll over to next month until the 90 days are up, then the data resets.  Or as stated above, you could use all 3 months allotment within one month.....

The disadvantage is that if you decide to change plans or switch companies in the middle of your 90 day cycle, you will lose the remaining amount in your plan.  Public mobile does not pro-rate their plans.  

BabyBluez

Thanks, I don't use mobile data..but as per 90 days plans; I can turn any 30 day plan into a 90 Day an and get it a a discounted price? What percentage of discount? 

And how would I change my plan? I didn't see the option for 90 days

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, if you go to the build your own plan page and change the settings, i find the deals are equal or worse for 90 day plans.

The $50 plan gives Unlimited Talk Canada and US/Unlimted Text/8.5Gb Data each 30 days.

There is no 25.5 Gb 90 day plan. Only 24 Gb for $150.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

What do you need to know? Basically they are 30 day plans with discounts and where the 3 x 30 days benefits are aggregated together.. eg if you have 1GB of data / month 90 days you can blow your 3GB within that first month.

Need Help? Let's chat.