cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$8 USA/CAN LD Addon Rollover + Ability to call without renewal?

drshiffles08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have the $10 per 30 days plan (50 mins Canada-wide, 50 intl texts).  I want to add the $8 200-min USA/CAN long distance addon to my plan.

If I understand correctly, whatever unused minutes will roll over to the next month. If I were to purchase the $8 USA/CAN LD addon, but not renew it for the next month, will I still be able to call a USA number, assuming I had minutes left over? Or would I need to have the addon active to call a USA number, period.

8 REPLIES 8

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AnonymousThanks for letting me know. I corrected my post. Those 50 minutes hold more value than I had first thought. Interesting the $20 / $25 plan only has province-wide although they are unlimited. Maybe they would do an $8 plan with 50 minutes province-wide.

If you set up auto pay, the $10 plan becomes an $8 plan. 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@AnonymousThanks for letting me know. I corrected my post. Those 50 minutes hold more value than I had first thought. Interesting the $20 / $25 plan only has province-wide although they are unlimited. Maybe they would do an $8 plan with 50 minutes province-wide.

When threads of promos and whatnot come up and people question why can't there be promos for the low level plans...I've always piped up with how about a promo pulling back Canada-wide to province-wide and increasing texting to unlimited....for $10. 🙂

@AnonymousThat would be my plan with an occasional 400 minute add-on + 1gb add-on. Do more piping.

Right there with you but...not my shop. I'm just a lowly customer. 🙂

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

When threads of promos and whatnot come up and people question why can't there be promos for the low level plans...I've always piped up with how about a promo pulling back Canada-wide to province-wide and increasing texting to unlimited....for $10. 🙂

@AnonymousThat would be my plan with an occasional 400 minute add-on + 1gb add-on. Do more piping.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessica_T wrote:

Jessica_T

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@drshiffles08The add-on 200 minutes last until they are used, forever. One time purchase add-on is forever. The 50 minutes are reset each month, if you use them or not. The 50 does not roll over. You use the 50 first when calling within province and when the 50 are gone it goes to 200. You use 200 first when calling outside province even if you have some left of 50 .

You may want to consider 400 for $15, its better value and can call 18 different countries.

Not quite. The $10 plan is Canada-wide.

You use the 50 first when calling within Canada and when the 50 are gone it goes to 200. You use 200 when calling to the US even if you have some left of 50.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessica_T wrote:

@drshiffles08The add-on 200 minutes last until they are used, forever. One time purchase add-on is forever. The 50 minutes are reset each month, if you use them or not. The 50 does not roll over. You use the 50 first when calling within province and when the 50 are gone it goes to 200. You use 200 first when calling outside province even if you have some left of 50 .

You may want to consider 400 for $15, its better value and can call 18 different countries.

Not quite. The $10 plan is Canada-wide.

You use the 50 first when calling within Canada and when the 50 are gone it goes to 200. You use 200 when calling to the US even if you have some left of 50.

Jessica_T

@drshiffles08 wrote:

I currently have the $10 per 30 days plan (50 mins Canada-wide, 50 intl texts).  I want to add the $8 200-min USA/CAN long distance addon to my plan.

If I understand correctly, whatever unused minutes will roll over to the next month. If I were to purchase the $8 USA/CAN LD addon, but not renew it for the next month, will I still be able to call a USA number, assuming I had minutes left over? Or would I need to have the addon active to call a USA number, period.

@drshiffles08The add-on 200 minutes last until they are used, forever. One time purchase add-on is forever. The 50 minutes are reset each month, if you use them or not. The 50 does not roll over. You use the 50 first when calling within province Canada and when the 50 are gone it goes to 200. You use 200 first when calling outside province Canada even if you have some left of 50 .

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@drshiffles08

Unused minutes from LD add on will roll over to the next month.  You will be able to call USA if you have unused minutes left.  

Purchasing a long distance add on is a one time purchase.  It will not renew each month like a regular plan unless you decide to purchase more minutes.  

Need Help? Let's chat.