cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

8.5gig finishes in about 3 weeks

Hello everyone, I subscribed for the $50 plan and I get 8.5gig regularly, however, this outgoing month, I my usage says I've used 8.2gig or so. It's strange because I have wifi at home and almost everywhere I go. Can this be an error from Public Mobile?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: 8.5gig finishes in about 3 weeks

An error at Public Mobile certainly impossible, but about how much does your device say that you've used? Keep in mind that phone counters are usually keeping track in one month intervals.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Ayxmania101 wrote:

Hello everyone, I subscribed for the $50 plan and I get 8.5gig regularly, however, this outgoing month, I my usage says I've used 8.2gig or so. It's strange because I have wifi at home and almost everywhere I go. Can this be an error from Public Mobile?

You can check your usage in your overview page on the left it shows what you used then click on usage history and it will show you what is using all that data. Have you been video conferencing using data? I used Facebook video while I was in the hospital last week on data and it used up 750mb in 40mins. 

Check your apps you are using and make sure none are running in the background.

Not likely a Public Mobile discrepancy their tracking would be really accurate. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ayxmania101  what's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. 

Highlighted

@Ayxmania101 go to your app store and check to see if "auto-update apps over mobile data" is enabled and disable it.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ayxmania101 

@Ayxmania101 wrote:

It has happened to me, I'm at home for some reason i have Wifi, off, realize, i'm using data, at home. could be an option to what happen to data consumption.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Ayxmania101 wrote:

@Ayxmania101  Is it possible that Wi-Fi was down for a period of time without realizing it? Just check your data usage on your device to find the culprit(s). Just make sure the start date you select matches your plan's start date and take a look at what apps used up the majority of your data.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Ayxmania101   Very occasionally plan data does not reset but for the moderators to reset it you would have to have before and after screenshots of your data counter or your overview page to prove that there was a mistake made. I highly recommend doing this before and after your renewal for your records .

Highlighted

It is my habit to glance at the notification area on the top right corner of my screen before I use my phone. I make sure it is on Wi-Fi and not on data. That is to make sure my Wi-Fi is not off without my knowledge. It can chew up your data quickly if you're streaming video while inadvertently using data.

Highlighted

Screenshot_20200523-054547_1_1.jpg