cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

75% data reached text but not true?

tisprili
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a text that I've reached 75% of my data for the month but when I look on self-serve, I haven't even used up 30% of it! 

Should I be worried? 

12 REPLIES 12

Tony_Xu

I always my online service account, it tells how much data I used up for the billing month. You can check yours to confirm.

@tisprili

I suspect you had add-on data (probably a 491MB leftover portion of the $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on) which you've fully used up this cycle along with the 297.033MB plan data you used up, adding up to 75% of 1GB and triggering the brainless automated 75% threshold notification.

Add-ons (quietly) fall off your account once they're fully consumed/expired, explaining why it's not shown.

I think you can verify the math (plus or minus about a MB from rounding) by checking through your usage history. 

tisprili

Take a look at my screenshot! So that is where my data is at right now so it's kind of weird. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tisprili wrote:

Well there you go then...it's an anomoly. Until your data stops then I wouldn't worry about it. Set up your phone counter for what time and amount you have left and keep local track of it. (if your phone can do that) Then keep half an eye on that counter every now and again.

Do you possibly have any promo data under your Plan Details?

Thanks @srlawren didn't know that it updated as a batch every i/2 a day est . In 4 hours at 3mbps you can use over over 4 gigs of data. So @tisprili check your phones Wi-Fi to see if its disabled. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@tisprili the data counter doesn't run in real time.  

I find the front counter to be quite real time. I find the usage details Iag.

@gblackma please see @Anonymous's comments, which are correct.  The usage amount on the Overview page is real-time (or VERY near real-time); usage history page is updated twice daily, once around noon and once around midnight.  EDIT: eastern time zone, of course.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@tisprili wrote:

I received a text that I've reached 75% of my data for the month but when I look on self-serve, I haven't even used up 30% of it! 

Should I be worried? 

Could be a malfunction in PM's SMS notification system (which happens "often" with payment reminders). PM has apparently recently been making some technical changes behind the scenes, if that's relevant.

The presence of any add-on data provisions seems to always throw the warning thresholds out of whack, if that's relevant.

I wouldn't be concerned until 95% (second and last warning) or until 100% (no more data).

Data usage metrics reported by Self-Serve are the only ones which matter, the data which costs you money.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@tisprili the data counter doesn't run in real time.  The text may be true. You should check your phone data usage to see If it could be true. If you disable data, and check  the usage tomorrow in your account. Then you may have a better idea.

I find the front counter to be quite real time. I find the usage details Iag.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tisprili the data counter doesn't run in real time.  The text may be true. You should check your phone data usage to see If it could be true. If you disable data, and check  the usage tomorrow in your account. Then you may have a better idea.

@tisprili wrote:

Should I be worried? 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tisprili wrote:

Should I be worried? 

Which plan do you have?

What is the data usage line saying how much data was used out of how much data per 30days cycle?

I have a $40 5GB plan.  My usage line on my overview page after login.  I used 1274MB data out of 5120MB data per 30 days cycle.

5GB at 3G Speed
1274.221  /  5120 MB

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tisprili wrote:

Should I be worried? 

Post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.