cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.5G of Data on my plan but being capped at 1G

kenzel_wsh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I have a plan that gives me 7.5G of data for 120 days and was told that I am at 95% used. This is odd as I am on WiFi all day and barely use my data. When I look at my usage, it is showing that only I only have 1G of data on my plan and that it is nearly all used (screenshot below). 

I wanted to see why this happened and how I can get my plan to activate the 7.5G of data that I purchased as I should still have lots left before my plan expires. 

Thanks! 

Kenny 

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 12.55.48 PM.png

10 REPLIES 10

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kenzel_wsh 

Use your data saver and turn off your background data usage in your apps that will save you tonnes of data.

If you can actually leave your data on all the time you should consider having all apps refresh etc over wifi only. Google your phone type and see what settings can be updated to wifi only. And only allow certain apps to run with data. 

@kenzel_wsh 

Nothing in life is easier to blow through than cel phone data! Especially now that phones can do it all on their own doing updates and delivering info to you while you are out away from home. Each app can be set whether to allow cell data use or be restricted to wifi data only. You need to go over all your apps. 

When an item “disappears” off of your list of add-ons as your 7.5 Gb of data has, that means it has been consumed for this 90 day period (in your case). You could consider whether you would be able to get MORE data for the same or less COST by switching to a 30 day plan. The 30 day plans have slowly become more competitive while the 90 day plans were discontinued a year or more ago and havent had any improvements made to them since then.

AE_Collector

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@kenzel_wsh biggest most important key is to disable data when you're not using it. do not leave it enabled while connected to wifi. there are various ways a wifi connection can  disconnect, once that happens the device falls back on mobile data. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Check to see if your wifi may have inadvertantly turned on. Also check your apps to see which one may be the culprit. Stay safe 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you disable auto updates for apps and turn off GPS.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Looking at your screenshot. It appears you have used up all your 7.5 gig data.

The 1gig promo is actually a data add-on from a past promotion. Which is currently being used as you're out of normal data.

The screenshot would show normal phone data ( if you still have some left for the 30 days) and any add-ons you have.

Something used your normal data up and you probably should check your phone settings.

Set system updates to wifi only.

Turn off wifi assist or wifi+ which automatically connect back to data if wifi is weak.

Turn off background data, etc,etc 

On your phone check your data usage you may be able to see what app used up your data.

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kenzel_wsh- The 1GB you are seeing is a promo that was issued to you.  It looks like your entire plan data has been used up.  When was your last renewal?  Did you look at the data usage screen in self serve?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@kenzel_wsh It seems that you really used up all of your plan data. Soon the promo data will be used up too. So I would buy a data addon just in case.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Looks like it's "fully consumed"....as noted in the fine print.

You have a little bit of Bonus data remaining until your plan renews.

Need Help? Let's chat.