cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$60 plan - is the bonus US 2gb useable in the US only?

hwp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Or, to rephrase the question: can I use all 10 gb in Canada?  Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

Oh yes I remember this in the news a few years ago at election time. They had a referendum deciding to stay or leave?..as in American or cede to Canada.... they chose the dump truck. But I think their kids go to school here and use our medical system.

_rogue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you want another dumb border where GPS would have helped. Check the other end of the 49th or just google the northwest angle

This is what happens in doldrums long after a flash sale....hardly anyone to help, the mods catching up.....its all alphabets, geography and comedic references.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. How'd we get into this? 🙂 Also keep in mind war and conquest and retreats and agreements and treaty's.

Ol' King George of the day was apparently also going a little batty and didn't want to keep spending so much of his treasury on a far flung territory. Basically saying yeah whatever get on with it I don't care. And here we are.

Add to this mess the Alaska panhandle. What I understand is that it was agreed to let the Americans have up to the ends of inlets along that stretch. Ridiculous.

Apparently when doing the survey in the mid 1800’s they knew that Vancouver Island dropped lower than the 49th so were instructed to go south arountvthevisland keeoingbit all in Canada. However, they didn’t know they would hit the PAcific at Boundary Bay and then go over land one more time at Point Roberts. The guy in charge had dead cell batteries so couldn’t call back to Washington DC to find out what to do so they kept surveying along the 49th parallel. And there you have it.

Terry

@stonechucker wrote:

You would think that small portion would be a part of Canada.

look at Southern Ontario, parts of this Province are surrounded by 3 sides of the US.

Yes it should have been but mapping skills 200 years ago didn't have the benefit of GPS.

You would think that small portion would be a part of Canada.

look at Southern Ontario, parts of this Province are surrounded by 3 sides of the US.

Yes that would work! On the flip side I hang out at Point Roberts WA most of the summer and generally am able to keep connected to the TELUS network so don’t need this plan!

For those not from around here, Point Roberts WA is a peninsula off of Delta BC that is below the 49th parallel thus part of Washington State. About 5 square miles in total, surrounded by water on 3 sides and connected the BC on the north. Residents have to travel 23 miles through Delta and Surrey to get to “Continental” USA. After grade three school kids bus to school at Blaine WA doing 4 border crossings per day.

206A649C-7C7D-42A9-A467-8086F36EEFBD.png

You could just hang out by zero avenue in Surrey if you really need the data at the end of your cycle.

hwp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Grrr... thought so. Disappointed, but life goes on.  Thanks, torontokris - I owe you a coffee!

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hwp wrote:

Or, to rephrase the question: can I use all 10 gb in Canada?  Thanks in advance.

No only the 8 or 8.5 (with autopay) is usable in canada

Need Help? Let's chat.