cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$60 Promo plan not being honoured.

IslandFred
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for the $60 US unlimited talk/text and 2G of data that was being offered. I signed up a week before this plan was discontinued but was given the option to have this plan changed on my next Autopay date.

These are the instructions I followed when I signed up for the Promo plan, see paragraph 4:

How to get this offer:
New customers
Current customers
  1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click hereto order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

When my plan was changed I am being charged $60 but the plan I have doesn't include US voice roaming as the promo offered. 

I have emailed a moderator and was told I don't get the US roaming as was offered. 

Any thoughts.

13 REPLIES 13

@IslandFred wrote:

Hi IslandFred   Thanks for replying back, and give us that information   Looking in the back- end, your Current Plan Cost:   $60  UL Can and US Talk and Text 8.5GB 3G Data with AutoPay 2GB US Data Roaming   30-day plan 8 GB of data at 3G speed (Canada-Wide)4 Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay Unlimited Canada-wide Talk Unlimited Canada-US talk Unlimited US Roaming Talk, Text, and Picture messaging3 Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging 2 GB of US Roam Data Voicemail and Call Display I truly apologize for all the issues it has brought to you.   Best Regards,   Jenny 🙂 Public Mobile Moderator Team.  

This means that you do have the correct plan. As mentioned earlier, the plan description in you account is incomplete, but it's like that for everyone on this plan. There only has only been one $60 plan that inlcudes a total of 8.5 of data use in Canada, which is one that includes U.S. roaming.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

Here is the date

Update as of October 11, 2019: This plan is now expired

And for the new promo it's  on Reddit

@totalUser yes, but as long as @IslandFred scheduled a plan change to it before that time, in theory it should have given him the plan at renewal.  Fred, you 100% sure you do not have the plan you intended?  I haven't paid much attention as that plan didn't interest me much, but I seem to recall others saying that the plan description in their self-serve account didn't mention the roaming at all, but that it just worked.  Try searching threads about that plan in the community, you might find what I'm talking about.

Would anybody who actually have the original 60 USA roaming plan mind taking screenshot of overview page and also the plan page and share it with us? Please don't forget to blackout the sensitive info. I was very confused with the messages, few people said it only shows 8+2 and that 2 was USA but it didn't say anywhere. I would love to know what it actually looks like 

Thanks

@IslandFred wrote:

I signed up at least a week before the plan expired and I was changed to a $60 plan on my renewal date it doesn't include Voice roaming in the US but has 2G of US data. I don't even see this plan anywhere.

This plan does include roaming voice, text messaging, and data services while in the U.S.

IslandFred

Thanks for your reply.

The plan details don't show the roaming and the first moderator I contacted told me that I did not hav the US roaming in my plan. I replied to the moderator with the details I had and received the following reply. So it would appear all is well.

Hi IslandFred   Thanks for replying back, and give us that information   Looking in the back- end, your Current Plan Cost:   $60  UL Can and US Talk and Text 8.5GB 3G Data with AutoPay 2GB US Data Roaming   30-day plan 8 GB of data at 3G speed (Canada-Wide)4 Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay Unlimited Canada-wide Talk Unlimited Canada-US talk Unlimited US Roaming Talk, Text, and Picture messaging3 Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging 2 GB of US Roam Data Voicemail and Call Display I truly apologize for all the issues it has brought to you.   Best Regards,   Jenny 🙂 Public Mobile Moderator Team.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@totalUser wrote:

Here is the date

@totalUser yes, but as long as @IslandFred scheduled a plan change to it before that time, in theory it should have given him the plan at renewal.  Fred, you 100% sure you do not have the plan you intended?  I haven't paid much attention as that plan didn't interest me much, but I seem to recall others saying that the plan description in their self-serve account didn't mention the roaming at all, but that it just worked.  Try searching threads about that plan in the community, you might find what I'm talking about.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Here is the date

@IslandFred  Here is the link for that promo and it includes the expiry date: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Updated-Get-8-5-GB-at-3G-speed-2-GB-of-...

See page one for details of plan and expiry.

IslandFred

Thanks for that info but I don't see that Promo anywhere? Can you point me to it?

Thanks

@IslandFred  That plan is no longer available, but if you did future date to it before the plan was discontinued then you would have locked it in even if your renewal was after it had been expired.  So you need to explain your situation to the moderators again.  Good luck!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you find out when did you make the switch exactly

If You can show it's before it was removed You will be able to do something about it.

Not all is lost there is a promo that will give you 12gigs with that plan i believe it's on until 28th

IslandFred

I signed up at least a week before the plan expired and I was changed to a $60 plan on my renewal date it doesn't include Voice roaming in the US but has 2G of US data. I don't even see this plan anywhere.

@dabr wrote:

@IslandFred wrote:

I signed up for the $60 US unlimited talk/text and 2G of data that was being offered. I signed up a week before this plan was discontinued but was given the option to have this plan changed on my next Autopay date.

These are the instructions I followed when I signed up for the Promo plan, see paragraph 4:

How to get this offer:
New customers
Current customers
  1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click hereto order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

When my plan was changed I am being charged $60 but the plan I have doesn't include US voice roaming as the promo offered. 

I have emailed a moderator and was told I don't get the US roaming as was offered. 

Any thoughts.

When did you opt to future date to the $60 plan with US roaming?  If it was before the plan was expired then you should have been changed to that plan at renewal.  If you didn't then you need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

You can try again with a different moderator if you wish. After that I would file a complaint with CCTS and demand they honour the terms of the agreement.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@IslandFred wrote:

How to get this offer:
New customers
Current customers
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  3. Select “Change Plan”

Any thoughts.

When did you opt to future date to the $60 plan with US roaming?  If it was before the plan was expired then you should have been changed to that plan at renewal.  If you didn't then you need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Edit: Sorry, missed the bit about you having already contacted moderators, but agree with @sheytoon  suggestions of trying with a different moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.