cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ Plan? / traveling to the us for 2 months.

psilo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! I recently purchased the sim card to start the plan process for a 60$ plan that I noticed had data for 2G's in the states.

It's not there anymore now that I have the card, but I'm curious that if I get any of these plans. I'm looking at hte 40$, what charges will be racked up in the months that I am away?

I'm trying to getaway from rogers and they're outrageous billing and the 60$ seemed perfect.

So if I go for the 40$, what will be charged to me using my data?

If not I might just get the 50$ as I currently use data/wifi to speak to my american husband, and I could just call/text him in my journeys. 

But uh, i lowkey wanna play pokemon go there so LMAO.

Anyway thank you for your time ❤️

4 REPLIES 4

@psilo wrote:

Hi there! I recently purchased the sim card to start the plan process for a 60$ plan that I noticed had data for 2G's in the states.

It's not there anymore now that I have the card, but I'm curious that if I get any of these plans. I'm looking at hte 40$, what charges will be racked up in the months that I am away?

I'm trying to getaway from rogers and they're outrageous billing and the 60$ seemed perfect.

If not I might just get the 50$ as I currently use data/wifi to speak to my american husband, and I could just call/text him in my journeys. 

None of Public Mobile's current price plans include roaming. It's not a matter of what charges you'll rack up. The service won't work in the U.S. unless you add a roaming add-on.

The U.S. roaming options are all 10 days in duration. They are listed here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

I agree with the previous opinion that this could be quite expensive if using add-ons for 2 months and that you might as well sign up to a servcie from a U.S. preapid carrier.  Since you haven't yet joined Public Mobile, it might be a good idea to wait until your come back to Canada to activate.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@psilo  I think @hairbag1  has the best idea, get a US sim card on a cheap plan there.

Cheers

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you're planning to be in US for awhile, best to get a US sim and a cheap plan there. When you get home, you can start up with Public Mobile

@psilo wrote:

But uh, i lowkey wanna play pokemon go there so LMAO.

Anyway thank you for your time ❤️

at that time,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The $40 plan has 4.5GB and bonus 500 MB if you setup autopay.  PM is prepaid so once you deplete your data it stops then you need to either purchase an add-on for more data or wait until your next renewal date.  You can purchase add-ons for us roaming which are valid for 10 days from purchase.

Need Help? Let's chat.