cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anitab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: $60 Canada US plan

@maximum_gato  or is this a case of ... keep what you have because you can't get it anymore?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@anitab wrote:

@maximum_gato  or is this a case of ... keep what you have because you can't get it anymore?

@anitab  That is correct. Keep it because it is no longer available and if your change plan you will not be able to switch back.

zakhan78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please check plan details in self serve account, it will provide details of your plan.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@anitab I got this plan the week it was announced and never changed. Yes it's gone but I still have the US roaming in my plan details. It's a grandfathered plan meaning it's yours till you change plans. No matter how long it's been discontinued you can keep using it.

tehowennathe

@anitab the US data will show with the rest of your data showing as 2GB at 3G speed or something like that

Lynn20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So the Canada and us plan does it mean I could still travel to the US and my bill will not change I could still use my phone over there in the United States and my bill will stay the same?

tehowennathe

Yes it means cross the border and use just like your at home. Doesn't use your home data because includes 2GB roaming data. If you don't have the plan then you missed out when it was offered last summer. Doesn't seem like they have any plans to bring it back. Will tell you when you cross that you need a US roaming add on but simply ignore it. Crossed many times since getting the plan and it works well. Will switch automatically to US network. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lynn20 wrote:

So the Canada and us plan does it mean I could still travel to the US and my bill will not change I could still use my phone over there in the United States and my bill will stay the same?

@Lynn20  You must be on that specific $60 plan that included US roaming as part of the plan to be able to use you phone in the US. Otherwise you would need to purchase a US Roaming add-on.

Lynn20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok

tehowennathe

@Lynn20 its a discontinued plan. So only people who took advantage and got the plan when it was available will have US roaming included. Otherwise all new plans will still need the roaming add on

Need Help? Let's chat.