cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$60 Canada US plan

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have the Canada US plan that was recently launched. It says will work in US. In my self serve accounnt it says nothing about US but does have the 2GB data for US. Have a trip soon. Should it still work even if it doesn't say it? 

33 REPLIES 33

@Lynn20 

#wts......sorry I didn't get back to you I missed a few threads.....

Anyone else.....darlicious went into the hospital but only max gets to use their WiFi! Lol....soon as they it darlicious sign in she will.....

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@anitab   IIRC there always was some discrepancy between the details of what the $60 plan included and what your overview page showed and I do remember other customers wondering why they couldn't see the US data on the overview page.  I believe it was suggested that may have been because PM used the template for their $50 plan details and never bothered to update it for the $60 plan which was discontinued shortly after anyways.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tehowennathe wrote:

@Lynn20 it's a discounted plan. Anyone who was not lucky will have to pay extra to roam in US. Hopefully they will bring it back but I don't think it will be for a while. 

@Lynn20 minor correction from what @tehowennathe posted:  It's a discontinued plan.  As noted already in this thread, if you are not already on this plan, it is not currently available to you*; if you're already on the plan, you can keep it as long as you don't change your plan to something else**, at which point you would lose it forever***.

* Public Mobile could bring it back at some point, but nobody know if they will, and if so, when.  Stay tuned to the Announcements area of the community so you don't miss out if it is ever re-introduced.

** Public Mobile could force you to change plans at some point in the future, and/or change pricing on the plan, so long as they give you 30 days notice as per the terms of service; this is unlikely to happen but is not unprecedented.

*** "forever", unless Public Mobile re-introduces the plan as per * above, at which point it would be available to select again during the time period for which it is available to anyone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tehowennathe

@Lynn20 it's a discounted plan. Anyone who was not lucky will have to pay extra to roam in US. Hopefully they will bring it back but I don't think it will be for a while. 

tehowennathe

@Lynn20 its a discontinued plan. So only people who took advantage and got the plan when it was available will have US roaming included. Otherwise all new plans will still need the roaming add on

Lynn20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok

@Lynn20 wrote:

So the Canada and us plan does it mean I could still travel to the US and my bill will not change I could still use my phone over there in the United States and my bill will stay the same?

@Lynn20  You must be on that specific $60 plan that included US roaming as part of the plan to be able to use you phone in the US. Otherwise you would need to purchase a US Roaming add-on.

tehowennathe

Yes it means cross the border and use just like your at home. Doesn't use your home data because includes 2GB roaming data. If you don't have the plan then you missed out when it was offered last summer. Doesn't seem like they have any plans to bring it back. Will tell you when you cross that you need a US roaming add on but simply ignore it. Crossed many times since getting the plan and it works well. Will switch automatically to US network. 

Lynn20

So the Canada and us plan does it mean I could still travel to the US and my bill will not change I could still use my phone over there in the United States and my bill will stay the same?

tehowennathe

@anitab the US data will show with the rest of your data showing as 2GB at 3G speed or something like that

tehowennathe

@anitab I got this plan the week it was announced and never changed. Yes it's gone but I still have the US roaming in my plan details. It's a grandfathered plan meaning it's yours till you change plans. No matter how long it's been discontinued you can keep using it.

zakhan78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please check plan details in self serve account, it will provide details of your plan.

@anitab wrote:

@maximum_gato  or is this a case of ... keep what you have because you can't get it anymore?

@anitab  That is correct. Keep it because it is no longer available and if your change plan you will not be able to switch back.

anitab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@maximum_gato  or is this a case of ... keep what you have because you can't get it anymore?

anitab

Hi @maximum_gato  . When you say the $60 US plan was eliminated does that mean I have been paying for something I don't actually have? We had purchased this plan late Sept/ early Oct 2019 for a soccer tournament we attended in the US. We never changed our plans back up[on return to Canada, but I have questioned if the US roaming has been stripped as I don't see any information about it under my plan details. Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.52.27.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.55.34.png

Lynn20

I'm hoping to find out this week if I can pass over to the U.S. I purchased a property over there and I need to go back. My security cams are not working and worried my basement will flood. Ii came back to NS 2 months ago and still can't get back to work so maybe I'll have a better chance over there. But if know I need to get there before I get everything stolen. Thank you, I'll keep looking around

@Lynn20  The $60 US plan was eliminated in October 2019 it may or may not be introduced again in the future. Until April 30th US roaming add ons are being credited back to users. If you are one of the few people still able to cross the border during these uncertain times this would be available to you. Otherwise you could look into plans available from mint mobile for your US travel needs.

Lynn20

I wasn't snoozing, far from it. It's been a horrifying year and time flew too quick, oh well, too bad I guess thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lynn20 

This plan was only available for a short time. You snoozed, you lost. 🙂

There are only 10 day roaming add-ons available now.

Lynn20

Hello, my son has spoken to me about public mobile over a year ago. I would like to join. However I constantly go to the U.S and looking for a plan for when I'm here or there I can use my same number. I think this Canada/U.S plan looks interesting. I would like to transfer with this plan referred to from my son. Also just in case is there a better plan for when I'm in the U.S for longer? 

Thank you

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@funpig wrote:

Go on google.  Look up a telephone number for a MacDonalds Restaurant in Florida and call them.  If call goes through, you have US calling.

When I tested my Canada-wide calling, I called a gal working at MacDonalds in St. Johns Newfoundland.

Or, instead of bugging a business, you could always try a test phone number: https://shaun.net/notes/usa-test-phone-numbers/

BobLin

PM_60Plan.jpg

funpig

Go on google.  Look up a telephone number for a MacDonalds Restaurant in Florida and call them.  If call goes through, you have US calling.

When I tested my Canada-wide calling, I called a gal working at MacDonalds in St. Johns Newfoundland.

@tehowennathe wrote:

I seen post on Facebook with others who have the new $60 plan and have same confusion as me about the usage. It was a Public Mobile kiosk who set up my plan. Just wish PM would make it more clear for the people who are older like my mom who has same plan and worried it doesn't have US roaming

Roaming in U.S. is included. That's the selling point of the $60 plan.  Without the roaming, this plan would just be $10 more than the $50 plan but not include any additional features.

tehowennathe

I seen post on Facebook with others who have the new $60 plan and have same confusion as me about the usage. It was a Public Mobile kiosk who set up my plan. Just wish PM would make it more clear for the people who are older like my mom who has same plan and worried it doesn't have US roaming

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tehowennathe wrote:

If I go to plan details it just says 8.5 GB data and unlimited talk and text to Canada and US. Doesn't state anything about usage in US

The only indication that you have the new $60 Canada/USA plan is the the 2GB usage line.  But it does not say anything about usage in USA.

For peace of mind, send a private message to moderator to confirm that you really get the minutes/text/2GB data to use in USA.  

@tehowennathe PM's documentation is notoriously lax and often details of offers visible in premade plans are missing from descriptions in accounts. The details publicly available have always been honoured.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

anju_susan93

@tehowennathe So Basically you have 8.5 GB in Canada and about 2 GB in US with unlimited talk and text. You can check your data usage page to find out how much you have left. According your account you have about 1 GB left in your Canada plan and your full 2 GB left for US. As it says 0/2.5GB whereas with the other it says 7.77/8.5. Think you can click "View my usage" link in the Add ons part for details

@tehowennathe , click on the plan details link.

tehowennathe

Screenshot_20190724-152655~2.png

If I go to plan details it just says 8.5 GB data and unlimited talk and text to Canada and US. Doesn't state anything about usage in US

Need Help? Let's chat.