cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$60 Canada US plan

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So it seems PM has removed the $60 Canada US plan. There was no mention of being for a limited time. I assumed it was a full time plan. Glad I got it. Sadly a family member who was going to join next week when her Rogers plan was done can't. Hopefully they bring it back as it's has saved me so much on Roaming. 

Hopefully something similar or better is in the works for roaming plans.

17 REPLIES 17

tehowennathe

@NancyJ wrote:

@tehowennathe 

I just went to change over my plan to the US/Canada travel plan as we are heading south soon...so disappointed it isn't there anymore. I found another plan on another site that is similar; may be a good option for snowbirds travelling if PM doesn't bring something back for people needing longer than 10 day addons.

https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/canada-us-plans

There are downsides to Zoomer Wireless. You get a limited amount of minutes to use in Canada and US. With PM you where getting unlimited talk in both Canada and US. Data amounts on Zoomer are low. On PM they where offering 8GB data in Canada. You also got 2GB to use while in US. Zoomer's data you get one amount to use in Canada and US. 

With Zoomer you get less data and pay more because they are using Rogers. Rogers will give priority to their own carriers. In the end you are getting less for expensive price. 

I'm glad I got this plan. Before I got this plan I was using Roam Mobility which gives you so much data before slowed down. All their roaming plans are in CAD as it's Canadian owned. It's a good option to use till PM brings back a similar plan. With Roam Mobility. You get an American number and sim card only expires a year after activation. Every useage extends sim card another year. Sure it's better to only have one payment when roaming but since PM no longer offers these kind of roaming plans it's a good alternative 

Hi @NancyJ 

You could consider freedompop or even textnow sim service if you are spending long time in usa 

NancyJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@tehowennathe 

I just went to change over my plan to the US/Canada travel plan as we are heading south soon...so disappointed it isn't there anymore. I found another plan on another site that is similar; may be a good option for snowbirds travelling if PM doesn't bring something back for people needing longer than 10 day addons.

https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/canada-us-plans

I'm kinda daydreaming that you can pay extra to switch any plan into us roaming. So you keep your plan and for extra money it becomes USA roaming plan where your minutes turn into unlimited USA/Canada anywhere in usa/Canada and your data is good in both places.

tehowennathe

Hope pm decides to bring it back in the future. I know many people who would jump on that plan. They didn't realize PM had a Canada US plan until the plan was gone 

tehowennathe

@torontokris wrote:

Agree they should have kept it. 

It was certainly one of the more lower cost Canada US plans. Other carriers started their similar plans at $75 and what ever data you have for use at home is same data you use while in US. No other carrier offered 2GB that won't use home data. That's why I switched to it. 

The 2GB came in handy for areas I never visited before while on vacation. Was glad I didn't have to worry about heavy GPS useage since didn't eat up home data.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Agree they should have kept it. 

tehowennathe

@torontokris wrote:

I was on the fence about it as it would have increased my bill $20 and went from LTE to 3G. Maybe a $40 1GB USA roaming I'd have bit on. 

They certainly ended it quickly then put in a Canada only plan. 

They should of kept it for the snowbirds who need Canada US plan. Many other carriers only give 1GB data for snowbirds and it's way more expensive

torontokris

I was on the fence about it as it would have increased my bill $20 and went from LTE to 3G. Maybe a $40 1GB USA roaming I'd have bit on. 

They certainly ended it quickly then put in a Canada only plan. 

Lemony_Snicket

The $60 plan seemed like a real solid plan that's cheaper than anything freedom offers for use in Canada and US.  Perhaps Public Mobile operates like stores selling hard goods, while quantities last kind of thing.  Run a great deal to raise brand awareness but don't give away the farm.  Otherwise this deal could remain as part of the normal suite of plans.  Monopolies are not here to save us money but to take our money. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @tehowennathe 

When it was originally announced it was very clear that it was only temporary plan targeting the summer travelers. 

You can still see the announcement

That being said, eeeevryone expected a bit longer last grabs time. Public has history of good heads-up, but every now and then you get this. Some people ordered sim for it and got it the day after. If they gave proper announcement there would be more sprinting to stores.

tehowennathe

@sunflowershine wrote:

@tehowennathe You can also buy Roam Mobility when you go to the States for a few days. The SIM card is on sales at London Drugs. 

I would never use Roam Mobility again which is why I got the plan before it expired. My sim never connected to network worked when it wanted to and it was in an area TMobile gets perfect coverage. I know it does become family on roam mobility same area couldn't connect to TMobile while my pm sim was working on T-Mobile no issue. It was in Albany NY the New York state capital. That's ultimately why these family members wanted to jump on PM Canada US plan.

tehowennathe

Since plan is no longer there people who would of switched to PM no longer will switch as they wanted it as they spend winters in Florida. It's older family I was helping or going to

tehowennathe

@sunflowershine wrote:

@tehowennathe You can also buy Roam Mobility when you go to the States for a few days. The SIM card is on sales at London Drugs. 

I got the plan before it was removed. I'm simply saying if it was still around I would of been able to help 5 family members get the plan.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

tehowennathe

I was one of the lucky ones who got it. I'm just saying I could of gotten PM 5 new people to join as their contract on other carriers are ending soon. These are people who have Canada US plans and pay more and get less data. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe wrote:

So it seems PM has removed the $60 Canada US plan. There was no mention of being for a limited time. I assumed it was a full time plan. Glad I got it. Sadly a family member who was going to join next week when her Rogers plan was done can't. Hopefully they bring it back as it's has saved me so much on Roaming. 

Hopefully something similar or better is in the works for roaming plans.

No telling what comes next. For now, all you can do is use roaming add ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.