Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB add-on with diffrent e-mail from purchase

emilysu1010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi all,

I am new to Public mobile.

I activated the sim card on the 15th of June hoping to receive the free 5GB add-on in my account, but I still haven't receive it.

I just noticed I made a mistake, the email I used to purchase the sim card is different from the one I used to activate it, what should I do now, is there anyway to correct the mistake?

Thanks,

Emily

6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous wrote:

@emilysu1010 wrote:

Mod was able to add it back to my accocunt after verifying email, order number, activation date.

top notch service in my opinion for web based support.

Thanks for the update.

It's all nice to hear these goodwill gestures/customer retention outcomes but I just kinda disagree with it in the case of promos. If the stipulations of the promo aren't being followed then tough noogies. A goodwill gesture might be to give say a gig of data in this case but not the whole promo as a reward for NOT following the rules.

I dunno. It's not my business to run.

IMHO two thumbs up for Public Mobile in this situation!! Sometimes honest mistakes do happen and it's great to know that a company is understanding and will give the little guy a break once in a while. Smiley Happy

Again well done Public Mobile and @CS_Agent 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emilysu1010 wrote:

Mod was able to add it back to my accocunt after verifying email, order number, activation date.

Thanks for the update.

It's all nice to hear these goodwill gestures/customer retention outcomes but I just kinda disagree with it in the case of promos. If the stipulations of the promo aren't being followed then tough noogies. A goodwill gesture might be to give say a gig of data in this case but not the whole promo as a reward for NOT following the rules.

I dunno. It's not my business to run.

emilysu1010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@emilysu1010 according to the promo, it had to be the same email - Sorry for your luck, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Definitely contact the moderators and hopefully they can sort it out for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Current moderator hours are:
Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@emilysu1010 wrote:

hi all,

I am new to Public mobile.

I activated the sim card on the 15th of June hoping to receive the free 5GB add-on in my account, but I still haven't receive it.

I just noticed I made a mistake, the email I used to purchase the sim card is different from the one I used to activate it, what should I do now, is there anyway to correct the mistake?

Thanks,

Emily

@emilysu1010  The best thing to do is to notify the moderator team and ask them if they can change your email or apply the add-on. Just explain what happened and see what happens. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

Need Help? Let's chat.