cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500MB Bonus Data Disappeared

ConfusedMelon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, so I have auto-pay set up and received 500MB bonus data. On my plan, it does show that I have 500MB + 500MB(bonus) data. However, yesterday after I have used 500MB data I suddenly cannot access data anymore. When I tried to refer to my account and see what happened, they simply did not show how much data I have used, and just told me that it's not available. 

By any chance, anyone has experienced this before? If so, how did you solve this problem?

8 REPLIES 8

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Romyo wrote:

Thanks, I've put in a ticket because yes, you are right, I do not see the data usage because I went over at exactly 500MB. I do prepay to get the extra 500MB, and the accounts lists the plan as 500MB + 500MB data for prepay. 

I have gone through my data usage line by line and the total was 500MB when it cut off. I think there is a discrepancy between what is listed in the plan and the actual amount of data applied to the phone, but I can't tell... because I went over and then that information disappeared. 

Would be nice to be able to be able to still see that information once you've gone over. Wonder why the choice is to have it disappear. Would be helpful in this case.

@Romyo   Yes it would be nice if PM showed that all available plan data (or mins on limited plans) has been fully consumed instead of just removing the data/mins line altogether. 

I know that has been requested often by many long term and newer users over the last few years, however, it doesn't seem to be a priority for PM.  They did add that blurb in the Account overview page (maybe a year or so ago) stating  "If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use."  which was a little disappointing but it is a budget phone service after all. 😊

Romyo

Thanks, I've put in a ticket because yes, you are right, I do not see the data usage because I went over at exactly 500MB. I do prepay to get the extra 500MB, and the accounts lists the plan as 500MB + 500MB data for prepay. 

I have gone through my data usage line by line and the total was 500MB when it cut off. I think there is a discrepancy between what is listed in the plan and the actual amount of data applied to the phone, but I can't tell... because I went over and then that information disappeared. 

Would be nice to be able to be able to still see that information once you've gone over. Wonder why the choice is to have it disappear. Would be helpful in this case.

@Romyo wrote:

@ConfusedMelonthis is happening to me as well. I typically only use around 500MB of data per month so I think I have been staying under the radar of getting notifications, but I am also paying for 500MB + 500MB in my plan and having gone through my data usage this month after only using 500MB.

I understand I can purchase more data, but my concern is that I am under the impression that I have 1GB total data and public mobile is limiting me to 500MB. Anyone else have a solution to the problem of the plan not recognizing the +500MB on my plan?

@Romyo 

The data tracker on Public mobile website is fairly accurate.  Do you see the data tracker in your add on section in your overview page?  If you don't see it, that means you ran out of data this 30 day cycle.  You can check your usage history to see what happened.  You can also check your plan details to make sure that 1GB is included in your $25 plan.  You need to sign up for autopay to get the extra 500 mb data.  

@Romyo wrote:

@ConfusedMelonthis is happening to me as well. I typically only use around 500MB of data per month so I think I have been staying under the radar of getting notifications, but I am also paying for 500MB + 500MB in my plan and having gone through my data usage this month after only using 500MB.

I understand I can purchase more data, but my concern is that I am under the impression that I have 1GB total data and public mobile is limiting me to 500MB. Anyone else have a solution to the problem of the plan not recognizing the +500MB on my plan?

You must be on the $25 plan receiving 1 GB with autopay. If data is not showing in self service under Data & Add-Ons then you have used it up. Look under History Usage to confirm how much data you have used for the current cycle.

Romyo

@ConfusedMelon this is happening to me as well. I typically only use around 500MB of data per month so I think I have been staying under the radar of getting notifications, but I am also paying for 500MB + 500MB in my plan and having gone through my data usage this month after only using 500MB.

@ConfusedMelon login to your self serve account, scroll down and click on view my usage and check the dates from your renewal date till now and see if the data adds up to 1gb if not then contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "data wrong"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ConfusedMelon 

Do you usually see two 500 mb data trackers in your self service account?  Or just 1 GB data tracker?

Usually, if you don't see any data tracker, that means the you ran out of data for this 30 day cycle.  You could check your data usage history.  

@ConfusedMelon wrote:

Hi, so I have auto-pay set up and received 500MB bonus data. On my plan, it does show that I have 500MB + 500MB(bonus) data. However, yesterday after I have used 500MB data I suddenly cannot access data anymore. When I tried to refer to my account and see what happened, they simply did not show how much data I have used, and just told me that it's not available. 

By any chance, anyone has experienced this before? If so, how did you solve this problem?

No data showing in the data and add-ons box means that all of your data has been used up.  An additional 1GB data add-on can be purchased for $15.

Need Help? Let's chat.