cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500MB Autopay Bonus

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just a heads up, in case anybody missed it. (I almost did.) The 500MB Autopay bonus has been around for a while, but it's recently been extended to the lower--end $30 plan, effectively doubling the data without additional charge. My wife says thanks PM; she can finally run Google Maps live.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Get-500MB-AutoPay-bonus-data-on...

Executed a plan change within one day of the monthly expiry date, as well as the maintenance shutdown. So far, looks like it will go through. Woohoo. 

8 REPLIES 8

shskr

I think it should go through. #crossfingers

shskr

@Dankaroo wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

Just a heads up, in case anybody missed it. (I almost did.) The 500MB Autopay bonus has been around for a while, but it's recently been extended to the lower--end $30 plan, effectively doubling the data without additional charge. My wife says thanks PM; she can finally run Google Maps live.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Get-500MB-AutoPay-bonus-data-on...

Executed a plan change within one day of the monthly expiry date, as well as the maintenance shutdown. So far, looks like it will go through. Woohoo. 

When I signed up for a plan with this promo I read that it is limited time. It won't always be available as is sooooo....

Get it while it's hot!

I have the $30 500 mb data canada wide, international text. I upgraded to the same plan with 500 mb bonus for autopay to take effect next renewal date.

Dankaroo

@lheintzman wrote:

When I signed up for a plan with this promo I read that it is limited time. It won't always be available as is sooooo....

Get it while it's hot!

shskr

@computergeek541 wrote:

@shskr wrote:

If your plan has autopay 500mb bonus and you have no available funds, but signed for autopay, Do you have to make sure you put money into your account before plan expires? I noticed it puts account into suspended mode while it is figuring where to get the funds (available, then rewards, then CC). I thought I read somewhere that if account gets suspended you lose bonus.

Hope I didn't confuse new customers anymore than they are already. 🙂

Those error messages mean nothing. It shows that message to everyone before renewal.  As long as your service is working, you account is not suspended.

That's what I thought, just clarifying for everyone. Thanks @computergeek541

@shskr wrote:

If your plan has autopay 500mb bonus and you have no available funds, but signed for autopay, Do you have to make sure you put money into your account before plan expires? I noticed it puts account into suspended mode while it is figuring where to get the funds (available, then rewards, then CC). I thought I read somewhere that if account gets suspended you lose bonus.

Those error messages mean nothing. It shows that message to everyone before renewal.  As long as your service is working, you account is not suspended.

shskr

lheintzman

@slash407 wrote:

i wonder what will happen in the coming year with all of these discounts on data  

The mobile battleground is clearly shifting away from voice/text to data, a trend which will almost certainly continue into the immediate future. Restrictions on voice minutes and long distance are already starting to feel quaint - - unlimited Canada-wide is quickly becoming the expected minimum for tier-2 and - 3 flanker brands, if not the major carriers. And as data gets more affordable, consumers are likely to discover two things: 1) providing data is not quite as big a deal as we were led to believe; and 2) most people don't need as much of it as they might imagine. Which will only encourage the marketers to oversell more aggressively than ever. Don't see prices coming down much, but a year from now, we'll probably be getting more for our dollars. 

Few, if any, current devices are 5G-ready so although the networks might be coming faster than expected, codgers like me can probably breath easy for a few more years. (Still running a Nexus 5 as my daily driver and have zero interest in paying 1 - 2K for a device, or an implant, or whatever we wind up with.) 

Since you asked 😏

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for letting us know! $30 plan is what brought me to PM a few months ago. Nice deal especially w/ the extra data.

Need Help? Let's chat.