cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 mins Canada long distance add on

Louise17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

Almost 2 weeks ago, i purchased the $5 Add on (500 mins Canada Long Distance) to use with my monthly $15 phone plan. However when i go into my account i don't see the 500 mins listed. (I still have 9 minutes remaining in my regular 100 min plan) The $5 appears on the main Overview page as "Available Funds" - will the 500 minute talk info appear once all 100 minutes in monthly plan are used up?

thanks

L

5 REPLIES 5

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Louise17 wrote:

Hi

Almost 2 weeks ago, i purchased the $5 Add on (500 mins Canada Long Distance) to use with my monthly $15 phone plan. However when i go into my account i don't see the 500 mins listed. (I still have 9 minutes remaining in my regular 100 min plan) The $5 appears on the main Overview page as "Available Funds" - will the 500 minute talk info appear once all 100 minutes in monthly plan are used up?

thanks

L

I see you now understand the 2 steps. Put money in your account, then buy the add on. 

My Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan. Both my wife and I are low users of our $15 mobile plans but the one time cost of $25 makes our plans as good as any. And of course, once set up, one will have to manage these add-ons to keep the “GOOD COMBINATION” in place and maintenance cost should be minimal.

The add-on combinations below do NOT expire until minutes are used up.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.
2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes
1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 
=======
$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.
2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes
1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes**
1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.
=======
$33 Total **The lesser value of the group

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on and the $15 add-on has International, USA and Canada while the only real use of the $8 add-on is for USA only calls.

Note 1: The add ons above I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.
The unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

Note 2:
Keep in mind the value of “Rewards that’ll lower your bill”.
Freebies that may be offered as in pre Christmas 2019 for 1GB of Data and 400 International Long Distance minutes.
Promotional pricing as in March 2020 (Covid 19 era) with 1/2 price 1GB Data that does not expire.
They treat us very well.

Note 3:
Other ways to save money.
If you have the option to call an 800 number, those calls do NOT deduct from your allotted minutes.
Use Wi-Fi Zoom, FaceTime Video or Audio only, and iMessage. I DON’T recommend the TextNow Voip App as it will be confusing for callers using a second number that may NOT be a local number.
Use a paid for VoIP service that is fully programable by you such as VoIP.ms with a LOCAL number, using Zoiper APP on mobile device using your VoIP.ms SIP. This will allow you to call out using Zoiper over wifi and you can program VoIP.ms to forward calls back to your PM account. While I have not tried it yet, you can assign a number to show on VoIP.ms for caller ID; and that could be your PM number. I would estimate a cost of $3-$4 a month and you would also have many many other options.

Copyrighted 2020

@darlicious

Louise17

thank you so much for the useful link and info. Will give it a try.

Stay safe 😊

Louise17

thank you 😊

I'm on the same plan @Louise17 , if you have WiFi to save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Stay safe. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Louise17 wrote:

Hi

thanks

L

Purchasing an add on is a 2 step process. Add the funds which you did. Now go back in and purchase the add on.

HDI:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Need Help? Let's chat.