cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 MB of Data at 3G speeds + 500 MB of bonus data every month with Automatic Top-Up

frankieshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi:

Lucky Mobile has Unlimited additional data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging once you have exceeded your allotted 3G data; just wondering when Public Mobile can match this?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@frankieshi

lucky has unlimited data, but pm has data/mins rollover. this is much better in my opinion

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

i would hope PM to increase the data limit of all their plan slightly.. afterall.. they current limit was imposed for some time.. 

ppl might argue that overall price goes up.. but not for data/phone.. especially since pandemic , ppl stayed home and providers are trying to find ways to get new customers, Rogers/Bell/Fidos/Koodos all increase their limit with lower price...  example. Fido has $35/4Gb and $40/6Gb.  PM is not competitive at all at those price range.

@popping wrote:

@frankieshi 

I don't think PM will have unlimited data with very very sloooooow speed after used monthly data quota.  But PM gave us free data add-on a few time in the past 1.5 years.  I prefer the free data add-on than slooooow speed data.

@popping 

The idea of a free data add-on was pitched to Dave last year and was an idea that was implemented. However, there aren't any preset times that this may occur, or even if they will again.  The issue for a new custome deciding to sign up I see as having to do with the unlimited data making the plans at other carriers more appealing. Free add-ons are seen of as more of temporary bonuses.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@frankieshi 

I don't think PM will have unlimited data with very very sloooooow speed after used monthly data quota.  But PM gave us free data add-on a few time in the past 1.5 years.  I prefer the free data add-on than slooooow speed data.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@frankieshi 

The value proposition here is the cheapest plans available. The trade-off is no unlimited data. Here’s the thing, if you spend the majority of your time around free Wi-Fi like most people do, they won’t need a lot of data. If you’re constantly running out of data and you need the data, then consider a data addon which rolls over if you have an unused portion. I also don’t anticipate unlimited throttled data because Public is prepaid.

@frankieshi wrote:

Hi:

Lucky Mobile has Unlimited additional data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging once you have exceeded your allotted 3G data; just wondering when Public Mobile can match this?

Thanks.

There are no immediate plans to offer unlimited data. This has been asked for numerous times but Public Mobile hasn't budged.

Need Help? Let's chat.