cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

$50 vs $60 plan?

Hey Guys,

Last year I bought the $60 plan that included US roaming and US data. I was looking into the plans now because with what's going on in the world I will not be going to the US for the foreseeable future.

When I log in to my account it now tells me my $60 plan includes: (no mention of US roaming and US data)

60.JPG

And the $50 plan says it includes:

50.JPG

They seem to be exactly the same...

Am I being charged $10/ for nothing?

Thanks

Ben

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: $50 vs $60 plan?

@BenKayfetz wrote:

He Guys,

Last year I bought the $60 plan that included US roaming and US data. I was looking into the plans now because with what's going on in the world I will not be going to the US for the foreseeable future.

When I log in to my account it now tells me my $60 plan includes: (no mention of US roaming and US data)

60.JPG

50.JPG

Thanks

Ben

@BenKayfetz  The $50 plan does not include ay type of US Roaming. You must be in Canada to make calls to the US.

Your $60 plan (Not offered anymore) Includes US Roaming of unlimited talk and text and also 2GB of data every 30 days. Big difference!!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BenKayfetz ask moderators about it before you switch. if you don't plan on going to the us then saving $10 is a good idea

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BenKayfetz wrote:

He Guys,

60.JPG

50.JPG

Thanks

Ben

@BenKayfetz  The $50 plan does not include ay type of US Roaming. You must be in Canada to make calls to the US.

Your $60 plan (Not offered anymore) Includes US Roaming of unlimited talk and text and also 2GB of data every 30 days. Big difference!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Oracle

@BenKayfetz If you have that grandfathered $60 plan you can roam in the USA with unlimited calling/texting without the time limit on current USA roaming add-ons.

So, they are not the same at all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@BenKayfetz   No you aren't being charged an extra $10, it looks like PM used the template for the $50 plan for the $60 CAN/US plan and whilst the details of the US data don't appear on your overview page, you should be able to see them under Plan Details (top left) of overview page.

Highlighted

@geopublic  That's what I thought, But there is no mention of the US coverage when I log in.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There isn't any need to buy the 10 day roaming addons to use you phone in the US with the $60 plan @BenKayfetz .  If you do decide to switch it, Once done you can't get it back, unless Public Mobile decides to offer it again. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BenKayfetz thats a pretty sweet plan for 10 more dollars

Tags (1)
Highlighted

@dabr The screen shot in my OP is from that page. No mention of US roaming/data:

60.JPG

Highlighted

@gpixel4  Yes, but you can't go to the US now... And if you did you're probably be bringing home a virus.