cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$50 plan vs $60 plan - Public Mobile just doesn’t care (unfortunately)

VanZem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on $50 plan and then switched to $60 plan. Two screen shots are attached and both showing plan descriptions. The plans are different but the descriptions are the same. How is that possible? Well mistakes happen but should this happen to a phone company that sells phone plans? Maybe. But what makes things worse in here is that I made their moderator aware of this right away - but it made no difference. Why is it so difficult to edit 3 sentences - which are incorrect/incomplete - if you care?

They should prove me wrong and show that they do care - but let’s see ...

B6E85534-95D1-49FE-ACA7-DD84CB265592.jpeg

DFB77AC8-6C8A-493B-B922-3676241320D9.jpeg

P.S.

@Moderator_Team

20 REPLIES 20

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks for the info @Anonymous . They should have called it the "snowbird " plan.

@gblackma except that it was available in the summer and marketed as a vacation travel plan. But if they brought it back for winter, it would be a great name!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks for the info @Anonymous . They should have called it the "snowbird " plan.

Well not really. If one is frequently in the states then it would've been the perfect plan. Seamless travel. Leave data roaming on and come and go around Canada and the US as you please all the while keeping phone service.

No hassling with 10 day add-ons. No texting bug (now fixed).

Yes if they had kept it as a regular standard available plan then snowbirds could definitely switch to it for when they head south and then switch back to their preferred in-Canada plan.

greenr

I'd much prefer the 40$ plan

greenr

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks @Anonymous . So, with the $60 plan you wouldn't need a roaming add on to get service in the US?

Yes. That was whole attraction of it.

Thanks @Anonymous . So, with the $60 plan you wouldn't need a roaming add on to get service in the US? 

@Anonymous wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@Garryg , this is the current $50 plan https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed . How does this one differ from your $60 one?

This was that plan. It was short-lived. It was basically a Canada/US all-in-one plan but obviously leaning more towards Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@Garryg , this is the current $50 plan https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed . How does this one differ from your $60 one?

This was that plan. It was short-lived. It was basically a Canada/US all-in-one plan but obviously leaning more towards Canada.

@Garryg wrote:

I've got the exact same problem, I was somehow changed to a $60 plan without any warning or explanation.  Would love to know why.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Garryg wrote:

I've got the exact same problem, I was somehow changed to a $60 plan without any warning or explanation.  Would love to know why.

How is that "the exact same problem"? This thread is about the description of the $60 plan. There are people here that would be delighted to take over that plan from you.

After all this time, are you sure that you weren't the one that "somehow changed" it back in the summer when this plan was available? Maybe you changed to it for a trip to the states and kept it?

Garryg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

VanZem

@stonechucker wrote:

@VanZem wrote:

@VanZem wrote:

I will forward this complaint to CRTS and CCTS and we will see what they have to say.

Done. I am curious to see how this plays out. The complaint is that they refuse to clearly state the terms/conditions (i.e. plan details) of this particular plan

Have you gotten a response and resolution for this?  Curious to see the result.

The case is open with CCTS on September 9th. Someone from Public Mobile contacted me on Sep 11 and took all relevant information about the case. According to this person, PM will contact me soon in this regard. According to CCTS rules there are certain deadlines for them to respond.

@VanZem wrote:

@VanZem wrote:

I will forward this complaint to CRTS and CCTS and we will see what they have to say.

Done. I am curious to see how this plays out. The complaint is that they refuse to clearly state the terms/conditions (i.e. plan details) of this particular plan

Have you gotten a response and resolution for this?  Curious to see the result.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanZem wrote:

@VanZem wrote:

Is this really worth this effort? Apparently for you. Oh well. Takes all kinds. I wonder if whoever gets back to you will say "um so like does everything work anyway?".

VanZem

@VanZem wrote:

VanZem

@stonechucker wrote:

Yes, having the actual description showing everything would be great, but there is limited space available to show it.

All that is required for someone is to copy-paste the details of the $60 plan (not $50 plan) into the descriptions field. How hard is that? This is not even an intellectual part of this plan - compare that to someone negotiating the rates, implementing the plan, etc.

The plan is functioning properly but what bothers me is that PM set the bar so low to call this acceptable. However if they want to serve a public, the standards are higher than that and they need to adhere to the standards of this country in 2019. I will forward this complaint to CRTS and CCTS and we will see what they have to say.

Cheers.

I'm on an old Fall promo 2016 and my plan says 'Plan Expired' in the plan description.  But it's not expired.  It's just grandfathered - Sort of a new style Legacy account here but not.

It is known that the description is not a true representation of the $60 plan, as it has been mentioned and verified previously.  

If the 2GB data roaming is in your addon section, you are on the plan (or have used the entire data if it is 'no longer' visible.  The talk and text do not appear in the addon area, so that may be difficult to verify until you go to the US to test it.

Yes, having the actual description showing everything would be great, but there is limited space available to show it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanZem wrote:

You are missing a point - I am talking about the plan description.

Is it worth going to war over though? If you have the plan features ie. 2GB US Roaming or some such wording mentioned somewhere for the $60 plan then what does it matter?

There are many cases of erroneous or omitted or confusing wording around here. If stuff works then let it be - would be how I see it.

VanZem

You are missing a point - I am talking about the plan description.

@Anonymous wrote:

@VanZem wrote:

I was on $50 plan and then switched to $60 plan. Two screen shots are attached and both showing plan descriptions. The plans are different but the descriptions are the same. How is that possible? Well mistakes happen but should this happen to a phone company that sells phone plans? Maybe. But what makes things worse in here is that I made their moderator aware of this right away - but it made no difference. Why is it so difficult to edit 3 sentences - which are incorrect/incomplete - if you care?

P.S.

@Moderator_Team

Further down on that page, do you see any add-ons?

Or on the overview page what add-ons are listed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanZem wrote:

P.S.

@Moderator_Team

Further down on that page, do you see any add-ons?

Or on the overview page what add-ons are listed?

Need Help? Let's chat.