cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$50 plan and issues with US calling and text

Offsetzippo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $50 plan but when I try to phone or text in the US it tells me I need the proper plan.  iPhone says connected to AT&T and have rebooted iPhone. 

Thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Offsetzippo wrote:

I have the $50 plan but when I try to phone or text in the US it tells me I need the proper plan.  iPhone says connected to AT&T and have rebooted iPhone. 

Thoughts?

@Offsetzippo That plan lets you call USA while you are in Canada.

You will need to purchase one of the US Roaming add-ons to use your phone while in USA.

These are valid for 10 days from date of purchase.

PM roaming addons.jpg

Note that last year, PM did offer a $60 plan for a limited time only. This $60 plan did include service in both Canada and USA.

The $50 won't work in the US. The $60 plan that was once offered does include US roaming. I was lucky to get that plan when it was offered. Works well in the US. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Offsetzippo wrote:

Thoughts?

@Offsetzippo With this, you can call to US from Canada, not from US. To have calls you want, you need to buy an addon or use some WiFi apps, like TextNow/What'sApp/Skype. 

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Offsetzippo wrote:

Thoughts?

Hello @Offsetzippo 

The plan you have is only valid to call  Canada & US from within Canada only.

If you go to the US the plan will not work. You will require " U.S Roaming add-ons" for it to work.

Remember: If you buy a roaming add-on, Once that addon expires you will have to wait 1 day to Re-activate the same roaming add-on again.

or you could choose a different roaming addon right away.

Cheers

@Offsetzippo you can also use the TextNow app over WiFi to make/ recieve/ send  calls or texts for free. 

To go along with @LovesToPM on buying a USA roaming add-on. It is two steps to buy an add-on. Guide below to assist you.

Guide Click Me. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Offsetzippo wrote:

Thoughts?

@Offsetzippo That plan lets you call USA while you are in Canada.

You will need to purchase one of the US Roaming add-ons to use your phone while in USA.

These are valid for 10 days from date of purchase.

PM roaming addons.jpg

Note that last year, PM did offer a $60 plan for a limited time only. This $60 plan did include service in both Canada and USA.

Need Help? Let's chat.