cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$50 plan advertises US calling but my account says province-wide

Sue74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer and switched cell phone companies because the public mobile plan advertised that US calling was included. When I login to my account it says province-wide.

When I try to call my friend in the states a recording comes on that says it cannot complete my call because I don’t have long distance add on.

How do I get this fixed?

6 REPLIES 6

@computergeek541 

I see your point but I wouldn't say the $15 province wide plan was wanted but rather settled for since the canada wide option was taken away. And one such customer ( @susanjm ) activated with a link for the canada wide $15 plan only to discover they were given the province wide plan instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The $50 provincial plan was embarrassingly ridiculous. Back to provincial and no US. Ridiculous. Good riddance to that terribly executed attempt at greed.

And having them listed together like that and what with peoples mistaken expectations that rates would rise to the shown price then it made sense for people to think well then I'll take the provincial one.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

The same goes for the $15 plan despite not having the choice of plans no one would want to remain on the province wide plan given the choice now....of having the canada wide plan.

I know that it would certaintly be a welcomed good will gesture for the plans to be automatically upgrade, but my point was that the $!5 plan could have still be chosen because that's the plan the customer wanted upon sign up.  For the $25, $35, $40, and $50 plans with province-wide calling, activation of those plans I see as being accidental.

@computergeek541 

The same goes for the $15 plan despite not having the choice of plans no one would want to remain on the province wide plan given the choice now....of having the canada wide plan.

@darlicious wrote:

@Sue74 

Schedule a plan change on next renewal to the new $50/10.5gb plan that includes calling to the US. There was a brief 7 week period that plans had changed and you must have activated and chosen the province wide plan at that time.

Although I see this unllikely to happen, it would be a pleasant surprise if Public Mobile put all customers who actiate the recent plans with province-wide calling to Canada-wide (plus calls to the U.S. for the $50 plan) automatically. With the exception of the $!5 plan, there was no reason for anyone to activate any of these province-wide plans unless it was done in error.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sue74 

Schedule a plan change on next renewal to the new $50/10.5gb plan that includes calling to the US. There was a brief 7 week period that plans had changed and you must have activated and chosen the province wide plan at that time.

Need Help? Let's chat.