cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

($50/month)-(8gb of data)-(unlimited talk Canada and US)-(unlimited international text and pic msg)

dskillz99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wondering if for this plan above if the unlimited talk is for every day of the week and time of day? I don't want another evening and weekend only plan. 

15 REPLIES 15

bocca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had pm service since 01/2020 and it worked as offered for the first few months, then in July the data stopped and it took 2 weeks to get a solution. I asked for my data payment to be returned but they(moderators) told me my device was at fault so it was my tough luck. 

HOWEVER, when I did the swap sim as advised, I put the other persons sim in my device and tried to access the wireless data and it worked. I returned my sim to my device and it worked also. At no time did I put my sim in the other device. 

A moderator named Violette did something on her end, as she said, and my mobile data was accessible. At no time did I put my sim in the other device, so their claim that my device was faulty is a fallacy. The sim card malfunctioned and they owe me the refund, x2.

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A couple years ago I had public mobile for a year and I've never had a problem, then I switched to Lucky to get the Lucky to Virgin  migration plan which was a huge scam and it's own right, I've had public for a few months already and no problem, it works good and consistent since it runs off Bellus network

@bocca That doesn't happen to me. Service always works for me. If you service keeps stopping, have the moderators look at your account.

bocca

whats not clear is that the service is intermittent at best, non-useable at worst. It cuts out mid-month or so after your 3rd month of access and you have to use this self-tech support to fix your own service. 

My data is out again and the mods take a very long time to answer ... 

It's clear when you read the plan details:

"5 - Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US."

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just thought it would be worth noting, this plan doesn't mean you can go to the US and have unlimited access/calls within US and Canada... You'd still need to buy the add on, which I personally found misleading when I was first looking around at plans. I had thought this one was add-on already included type thing at first until I reread it. Maybe it was just me though 🤷

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Absolutely, you can talk every day, all day long unlimited, to anyone in canada. 

unlimited  Evenings and weekends, and 300 day time minutes plans are so 2009.. There's no such thing as that anymore unless if you're with the likes of Fido. 

@bocca try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  Stay safe. 

bocca

That was my first thought, but I set my limit at 8gb and my warning at 6.5gb

@bocca check your phone to see if you inadvertently placed a 1 gig data use limit on your phone. Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@dskillz99 

All public mobile plans are for anytime minutes. There are no day or evening or weekend Bell like plans lol. 

Welcome to Public Mobile. 

bocca

My data reset twice with auto-pay, but the third time it stopped after less than one gb of use and locked me out of the mobile network.

bocca

It is exactly as advertised. There are no time of day/date restrictions. There are access and connection issues with the data network for MMS and Mobile web. There is no call center or any way to get live tech support and it takes days to get help via submitted ticket. The service is inexpensive, but functions like it.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dskillz99 it's for any time. But it's not unlimited data.  It's 8 gigs, 8.5 with autopay. Once its finished its stops working, until it resets upon payment for the next 30 day cycle. The calls to the US and any where else must originate from within Canada. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@dskillz99 

@dskillz99 wrote:

Wondering if for this plan above if the unlimited talk is for every day of the week and time of day? I don't want another evening and weekend only plan. 

@dskillz99 hi it's for all day all week long 

Need Help? Let's chat.