cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 gig of data

tmann39
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how come i never received my 5 gigs of data when i signed up ? on my second month with public mobile and don't see it on my rewards, i met all the criteria, so not sure why i didn't get it.

11 REPLIES 11

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@tmann39 wrote:

it should be there as my payment came out today , the start of a new cycle so there wouldn't be any data used.

Only allotted data in your plan (e.g. 500MB /month) with reset at each plan renewal.

Add-ons or one-time bonus won't reset once they have been consumed. 

If you think you've not used up that bonus data, please post a screenshot of your overview and data usage page so we can see if anything is amiss. Or you can contact CS for help:

Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

tmann39

I  got the promo online back in March of this year , had the 5 gigs up until a week ago and now it is gone, i just know i want it back or i will be switching to another provider.

@tmann39 wrote:

it was the 5 gig bonus data when i signed up, so it should be a permanent plan, if i don't get my 5 gigs back i will look into switching providers.

Where did you activate?  was it  an instore promo?  From what I recall, I don't think I saw 5GB reoccurring bonus offered from PM.  But I could be wrong. 

Of course, you can contact PM and confirm of details of your original promo

tmann39

it was the 5 gig bonus data when i signed up, so it should be a permanent plan, if i don't get my 5 gigs back i will look into switching providers.

It would be a one time add-on and not  reoccurring data.

tmann39

it should be there as my payment came out today , the start of a new cycle so there wouldn't be any data used.

@tmann39 If it no longer appears under data and add-ons then it means it has been used up.  Log into your account and check under your usage history.

Check to make sure that you don't have automatic updates for apps and notifications for social media like Facebook and Twitter.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

tmann39

like i said i received my 5 gigs of data  in February, but now it doesn't show the my 5 gigs of data on my plan now. what happened to it ?

tmann39

thanks for the advice, got my 5 gigs the same day, appreciate it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tmann39 wrote:

how come i never received my 5 gigs of data when i signed up ? on my second month with public mobile and don't see it on my rewards, i met all the criteria, so not sure why i didn't get it.

@tmann39 

If you're on your 2nd month, did you receive the '2nd month free' credit which would have applied toward your 2nd cycle payment?   You'll see it in your payment history as a line item credit equal to your plan amount.

If you GOT that, and you activated on a $25 or higher plan, then you are eligible to get the 5 GB bonus that was also part of the Boxing Day and New Years promos.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tmann39 wrote:

Hi @tmann39  - well if what you say is correct about meeting all the criteria only the Moderators can look into why you have not received it yet.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.