cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 GB promo data

Mornerichard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I received a text last month, like many other, for the one time 5GB data freebie. It was a couple of days before my plan 30 days expired, i didn't have an autopay set up yet. So my plan went inactive for a day, then I reactivated it the next day, but also temporarily downgraded to the $15 plan from the $40 plan because I won't be needing much mobile data soon.

Could any of the above be the reason for why I never received the 5GB?

8 REPLIES 8

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Drep wrote:

What does 1 time 5G promo mean exactly?   Get it for one month Only as a promotion or it will be continued as a bonus for every following month? 

Only one month, and remains on your account until used up completely, does not reoccur.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a one time bonus that remains in your account until it is used up.

Drep
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What does 1 time 5G promo mean exactly?   Get it for one month Only as a promotion or it will be continued as a bonus for every following month? 

@Mornerichard 

I agree with you about Simon. Use @hairbag1 method for contacting the moderators. When you use pm for contact make sure you include a detailed message of your issue and the following:

1. Name, address, email, phone # and pin# * of your account.
  2. If you cannot remember your pin# also include these further identifiers to verify you're the account holder: d.o.b., alternate ph# if any, security question and answer.
  3. You could also be asked : last payment date, type, amount, last 4 digits, plan amount, add ons, plan changes, frequently called ph#'s or text msgs and/or other account activity.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. If you give enough information in your initial message many requests can be completed by the moderators before either of you need to respond. This allows for better efficiency with your customer service. Ask for a review link to describe your experience so public mobile learn how well the moderator team is working.

* if you don't remember your pin# please make a note of it as it is now required if you need to make any payments using your autopay card via 611.

Mornerichard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

 This is what I've got, my account was inactive for one day around 28th of Aug I believe

@Mornerichard 

As long as you responded YES to the text offer and you got a response you qualified. Contact the moderators as suggested  and ask for it to be applied.  BTW there was a glitch h that resulted in pm adding 1000 min and 5gb data being added to qualifying accounts.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mornerichard wrote:

Hi, I received a text last month, like many other, for the one time 5GB data freebie. It was a couple of days before my plan 30 days expired, i didn't have an autopay set up yet. So my plan went inactive for a day, then I reactivated it the next day, but also temporarily downgraded to the $15 plan from the $40 plan because I won't be needing much mobile data soon.

Could any of the above be the reason for why I never received the 5GB?

5GB was for people on the higher plans, so maybe. Did you reply to the text? $15 plan should have got you 1GB and 1000 minutes, so open a ticket and ask.  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Need Help? Let's chat.