cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 - 500 minute long distance add on

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just wondering if the $5 add on for 500 minutes works for local calls as well. I want to add the $15 plan and the $5 add on. But wondering after the 100 outgoing minutes are used up if the $5 add on works for local calls or just long distance. 

14 REPLIES 14

@AE_Collector wrote:

i have heard others say that if you exhaust your outgoing monthly plan minutes and have just the US/International add-on those minutes will be used to call out even just within Canada. I have no experience with add-ons myself.

Yes, any long distance add-ons can be used to call Canadian phone numbers. They also add airtime minutes to the $10 and $15 plans.

Master2001

There was a problem when they introduce $5/500min Canadian but it was solved very fast.

Mcchen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks.

i don't mind using up the international minutes if there are no one minutes available.

i guess since no one is complaining about these things, then Public Mobile's system is working nicely.

Logically speaking the lowest cost per minute add-on would be used for the call you are making. So the 500/$5 plan for calls within Canada and the 400/$15 plan if calling to the US or other included countries. I have heard others say that if you exhaust your outgoing monthly plan minutes and have just the US/International add-on those minutes will be used to call out even just within Canada. I have no experience with add-ons myself.

AE_Collector

Mcchen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So if I have the $15 plan with 100 Canadian minutes, and added $5 add-on for 500 minutes, plus $15 add-on for 400 International minutes.

So I make calls in Canada only, it will use up the minutes from plan first, then that 500 Canadian minutes, then that International minutes? Anyone have went through this before.

Let's hope they don't double dip on my add-ons (ie: 1 minute Canadian call used up 1 minute from each category).

@Korth  I can certainly understand that...there is no guarantee pm won't screw them up so you still have to keep an eagle eye on your account to make sure they are properly deducted.

@darlicious

I think that what's obvious to customers is not always obvious to Public/Telus. I would hope/expect the Add-ons get used in the most cost-effective order.. but I'm asking because I've also learned that PM can be full of quirks and bugs and surprises which sometimes counter expectations or trap the unwary. 

@Korth wrote:

Plan minutes (and Data) are always used before Add-on minutes (and Data). Although Add-on minutes will obviously be used first when calling Canada/USA/International areas not covered by the Plan.

But I am curious about how usage on the Add-ons is prioritized. Example:

A Plan with Limited Talk (and zero minutes remaining) or a Plan with Unlimited Province-wide Talk.

A $5 Canada Talk Add-on, an $8 Canada & USA Long Distance Add-on, and a $15 Canada & USA & International Lomg Distance Add-on. 

If you dial to (another Province in) Canada then which Add-on gets used first? 

@Korth  I think that would be obvious which is why you advise to have the $5/500 min add on at all times if you make other long distance calls. The lesser plan will always be used first. That way you don't waste more expensive long distance minutes on local or within Canada calling.

Plan minutes (and Data) are always used before Add-on minutes (and Data). Although Add-on minutes will obviously be used first when calling Canada/USA/International areas not covered by the Plan.

But I am curious about how usage on the Add-ons is prioritized. Example:

A Plan with Limited Talk (and zero minutes remaining) or a Plan with Unlimited Province-wide Talk.

A $5 Canada Talk Add-on, an $8 Canada & USA Long Distance Add-on, and a $15 Canada & USA & International Lomg Distance Add-on. 

If you dial to (another Province in) Canada then which Add-on gets used first? 

Master2001

If you don’t need data, $15 plan is the best. Also $5 add-on is a one-time purchase. After, you will only pay $15/month until 500min runs out!

And it will only be used for outgoing calls once your 100 minutes of outgoing are used up on the $15 plan. Incoming remains unlimited so it won't be used for them even if you've used a up all your outgoing minutes. A great insurance policy!

AE_Collector

Lowufo

Excellent thank you 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

After you use up your 100 You will start using the 500, when you cine yup the end of the term you will keep what's left of 500 but they will be used only after you use up the next 100. It happened beefier that someone's 500s were kept being used after rolling over to new cycle instead of the new100, if that happens to you just contact moderators they will be able to fix it

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Lowufo  it works on all calls in Canada! I've got it on 3 of my limited minutes account 

Need Help? Let's chat.