cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G internet

Sumitkumarr1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Is there a reason my phone shows sometimes 4G connection. I was informed that public mobile only goes with 3G speeds.

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : I knew you'd mis-interpret ...again.

What subject was changed?

Yummy answered and clarified and for the sake of gaming around here, which we know is watched for, I was satisfied with their reply. I hope everybody else was too. Particularly the one other user who kept accusing them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @softech 

how allowed to question two member in community about ( IP Address ) how he know ? 

my question how he know about ( IP Address ) for them !! 

please Why did you change the subject ? 

and see @Yummy  what they answer to him !!

something is big wrong and someone have to be very clear please why all member and PM team not see this !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Oh man. After typing all this you'll still mis-interpret.
In the context of wanting to clarify whether a couple users were the same person...I used wording that lists conditions in a questioning fashion.
In a way of saying "you people are not in the following conditions": not the same person, not the same house, not related. The ip part was that they would have the same ip address if they were in the same house. That is not saying that I know what it is. That's the nature of a shared internet connection.

You then ask about my addition of VPN. Using a VPN will give the user an ip address other than the one they're connecting to the internet with. I added that as an additional detail to the shared internet connection.

What are you saying is illegal? Using a VPN? No it's not.

Again, I have not said I know what their ip address is. It's merely a logical conclusion on a shared internet connection. Not saying whether I know it's 192.168.100.200. I do not know that.

It's not my problem whether anybody believes my words.

I still don't know what you think is illegal. Again, the ip address is assumed to be the same on a shared internet connection. I don't know the actual ip address. I added the VPN point that they could have different ip addresses coming out of the same shared internet connection.

@Anonymous  I think you have have misinterpret what @Anonymous  was saying in the original post... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : I'm done with your mis-interpretations on this particular line of discussion.

I do not work for any entity that has any inside information of this place. I wish. I could use the money. I don't. Alas. But that's just me saying these words. It's up to you or others to believe them. Not my problem.

@Anonymous 

what your mean about Not my problem.

your question two member in community about ( IP Address ) and now misinterpretations 

that is this illegal , and public mobile have to question you about that is not illegal...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : I'm done with your mis-interpretations on this particular line of discussion.

I do not work for any entity that has any inside information of this place. I wish. I could use the money. I don't. Alas. But that's just me saying these words. It's up to you or others to believe them. Not my problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : Sigh. Another mis-interpretation. The post was listing possible scenarios of whether the two users were the same. I have no clue if they have the same ip address. They _would_ if they're using the same shared internet connection and not using a VPN.

lol now you're trying to somehow prove that I'm somebody that I'm not being open about. Enjoy.

you did ask this

@z10user4 wrote:

Can @Yummy and @Meow please put this to rest. I sadly also tested this uncertainty.

You are not the same person. You are not in the same house (same ip address). You are not related.

Please confirm. This has gone on too long. But gaming is rather frowned upon around here.

That primary accuser also needs to make sure their nose is clean **cough**unsolicited referral code**cough**.

Thank you.

Or just ignore

@Anonymous 

what this VPN. no one say about it VPN.!!

Why did you change the subject ? 

you have to be very clear in community to all know everything !! 

who are you ?
and public mobile have to question you about that is not illegal , anywhere someone question other about ( IP Address )... how you know ? if you say you are not working with them then how you know about  ( IP Address ) ? something hidden !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Sigh. Another mis-interpretation. The post was listing possible scenarios of whether the two users were the same. I have no clue if they have the same ip address. They _would_ if they're using the same shared internet connection and not using a VPN.

lol now you're trying to somehow prove that I'm somebody that I'm not being open about. Enjoy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can @Yummy and @Meow please put this to rest. I sadly also tested this uncertainty.

You are not the same person. You are not in the same house (same ip address). You are not related.

Please confirm. This has gone on too long. But gaming is rather frowned upon around here.

That primary accuser also needs to make sure their nose is clean **cough**unsolicited referral code**cough**.

Thank you.

Or just ignore 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

you say that to me in another post,
I do not have any responsibility here. I do feel a certain ownership to providing correct information to the customer though so that they don't run off in the wrong direction. But that's me. Not an actual responsibility.

@Anonymous 

so my question is how you know about (same ip address) they are use it ?

that information is too personally, and only them know about it for customer support agent or public mobile Team or police department all 3 of them only they are know about a IP Address, 

if you are say not working with public mobile or community site how you know that ?

who are you ? 

you have to be very clear in community to all know everything !! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : Thank you. Understood loud and clear. We have had other households gaming so there has been precedent. I was not accusing...just putting it to rest.

I accept this to be put to rest. (not that anybody needs to care what I think). I've just grown tired of the insinuations being flung around...once by me too. No more.

@Anonymous wrote:

Can @Yummy and @Meow please put this to rest. I sadly also tested this uncertainty.

I do NOT understand what is the problem?????

We are at the same household. We use the same internet. We might be on line at the same time. WE ARE TWO different people.

I never saw any restrictions that 2 or more people from the same household CANNOT have PM service and NOT to participate in Community?

Do you want our pictures to confirm identities or maybe scan of our passports????

I believe Each of us has right to express its own opinion in Community and we do not Bravo each other and we ARE NOT 'gaming' the system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Or just ignore 🙂

@Dunkman wrote:

@Yummy 

I don't think that manually selecting 3G would increase storage in your phone, but for some clients and their locations, selecting 3G network can offer better data speeds, talk, etc.  I just keep my phone usually at automatic selection.  

Oh, absolutely not 🙂 First part of my post was a few words why my Network setting changed.

And I was able to resolve issue of not being able to call - being member of this Community and reading all advises members post in case of 'not able to make calls'.

@Yummy wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@Sumitkumarr1 

Public mobile does have LTE connection (ie. 4G),  but just capped to 3G speeds. So,  

I had to reset my phone due to low space. What a difference... 'something' was using 5-6GB of memory and I could not find what...

At that time phone reverted to default - recommended LTE. I could not make/receive phone calls. When I manually switched to 3G everything started working as expected.

Does 3G has impact on data or phone too?

@Yummy 

I don't think that manually selecting 3G would increase storage in your phone, but for some clients and their locations, selecting 3G network can offer better data speeds, talk, etc.  I just keep my phone usually at automatic selection.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sumitkumarr1 

Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors.

@Yummy  Very interesting. meo

@Dunkman wrote:

@Sumitkumarr1 

Public mobile does have LTE connection (ie. 4G),  but just capped to 3G speeds. So,  

I had to reset my phone due to low space. What a difference... 'something' was using 5-6GB of memory and I could not find what...

At that time phone reverted to default - recommended LTE. I could not make/receive phone calls. When I manually switched to 3G everything started working as expected.

Does 3G has impact on data or phone too?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM is 3G only. Is your Network Setup on Auto? It could be that phone tries to go higher but goes back when it sees it cannot?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sumitkumarr1 : The data is 4G but they throttle down to 3Mbps speed. It's just marketing to call it 3G. You could opt to use the actual 3G data though.

Edit: one thumb typing on mobile. 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sumitkumarr1 wrote:

Hi,

Is there a reason my phone shows sometimes 4G connection. I was informed that public mobile only goes with 3G speeds.

@Sumitkumarr1 

Correct, 3G speeds on the current in-market plans offered.

See post here, credit to @Anonymous :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Is-PM-3G-or-4G/m-p/711665/highlight/true#M88752

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Sumitkumarr1 

Public mobile does have LTE connection (ie. 4G),  but just capped to 3G speeds. So, it depends on where you are living and which cell tower is nearest to you.  This does provide some advantages including LTE latency.  

If you wanted to try, you could manually select 3G network (which is not capped) and you may get better data speeds.  

Need Help? Let's chat.