cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE Speeds

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Okay, so I may have stumbled upon something. When looking at add on's and in particular data add on's it says that 4G LTE speeds are only available to plans without data. Now past conversations about this have said well all plans have data so you will never get those speeds. When in fact I don't think this is completely true.

The $15.00 plan does not come with data as a default. So you could in fact not activate your auto-pay then receive the 4G LTE speeds. Now, this may not make sense to just buy a $15.00 plan but maybe if you were to downgrade and remove autopay then you'll get those speeds. 

Does anyone else see that?

I have an extra 18GB in my account because my company allows me to expense and my current plan is less than $75.00 so I just keep adding data each month. So I was looking at downgrading to the $15.00 plan, which will allow me to add another 4GB each month when I downgrade. 

Cheers

Naepalm

20 REPLIES 20

Like others said I think it is hardcoded to the plan and the wording is more designed to encourage people to sign up for autopay.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13

Well, Boo-urns...LOL

I was just trying to make a point that it says to me clearly that you should get 4G.

I'll leave it at that. ha-ha

@Naepalm, this could be another one of those things that the outcome is different than the Official Statement from PM on the subject.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@hairbag1 you must have auto-pay activated then.

Public Mobile terms say: Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed.

Note the 15.00 plan is a plan with Talk and/text only with no data. Unless you activate Auto Pay. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 11.16.55 AM.png

@Naepalm...

edit...Autopay is enabled...

Snip.png

I would say that if someone is getting more than advertised, one may not want to make it obvious. All currently offered plans are of 3g speed except for the data-only plan.

@computergeek541 if that's the case then Public Mobile is being dishonest in their terms for the add on. Would you not agree?

I have it @Naepalm you only get data , the 250mb when on autopay. Stay safe.  

@Naepalm wrote:

Screenshot_20200509_185137.jpg

It is the only plan that doesn't say an amount of data then plus additional data, it just says Bonus 250 MB? 

Next month I am going to be dialling my plan down to the 15.00 plan so I can let you know. 

Members already know what happens on the $15 plan. The plan is coded as having 3g speed.  As for the autopay requirement, that was addressed earlier in the thread.  Feel free to experiment.

The $15 plan includes 250MB. There is no way to get more than that unless you have an add-on.

@Anonymous is there a base 250mb? 

@kselmak 

it says that for the bonus data. 

Does anyone here have a 15.00 plan? Do you have 500MB of data total?  250mb then 250mb bonus?

@mimmo 

haha! I have to send in a screen shot of my account so that wouldn't work and since I am a pastor that might be frowned upon as well. I spoke to my team about how I would be adding data each month and they said that was ok. 

I don't need 4G speed's the 4G throttled is plenty for me :), just thought I may have found an easter egg LOL

I am dialling my plan down next month so also thought it was a little bonus for me haha. 

Screenshot_20200509_185137.jpg

It is the only plan that doesn't say an amount of data then plus additional data, it just says Bonus 250 MB? 

Next month I am going to be dialling my plan down to the 15.00 plan so I can let you know. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Naepalm you should just buy some vouchers and sell them  privately lol. Joking of course that would be considered fraud.

Since 3g is good enough for most usage just curious on what you think or need  / benifit of full 4g speed is?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm 

It was mentioned before, the only way to get 4g if you want talk and text was 10 (with autopay possible) or 15 without autoplay

If you don't need talk you can go with data only, that plan is 4g and add-ons on it will be as well. Just talk add-ons won't be available with it.

Correction

Hmm apparently not,  they say 15 is labeled 3g so getting any data would throttle it. I didn't know

So it looks like data only is the only option

Sorry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm 

This will not work. The base 250mb still appears in the account. The plan is hard-coded to have data. And it's 3G.

So no there's no current way to get 4G other than the one plan.

If you've been searching then you will have found the multitude of threads about this.

(just for a little regulars scolding 🙂 )

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Naepalm 

This has been discussed before.  From my understanding, the $15 base plan includes the 250 Mb 3G data whether you have autopay or not. So, the data add ons for this plan will be 3G speeds.  

Maybe others on the forum can confirm this.  Not sure if anybody actually tried this though....

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naepalm You should probably keep a little back in case you need to buy minute add ons or roaming in the States. If you ever get a power outage you can run your phone down binge watching Netflix with data. 😎

@zblackma its because my work allows me to expense 75.00 whether I use it or not. So I use it up and have been adding GB each month LOL

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes @Naepalm  removing the autopay credit card should technically give you 4g LTE speed. Wow 18 gigs of data? Are you saving that for a visit to cottage country?

Need Help? Let's chat.