cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Data with Talk/Text

DylanT96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do these plans no longer exist? I'm very interested in joining public mobile but very hesitant about a 3G network that is intentionally throttled. My partner used to be with P.M. and could choose different plan lengths (30/60/90 days or something like that) and I don't remember there being a cap on data speeds. 

Thanks for the help! 

7 REPLIES 7

DylanT96
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wanted to thank everyone who commented! I decided to try it for a couple weeks, and so far it's been great. Unfortunately, Fido/Rogers doesn't work too well in my new workplace so I'm happy to see this work as well as it has. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DylanT96  As others have mentioned the network is LTE. Best to sign up with a temp number on the cheapest plan and test drive it for 30 days and then make your decision to port your number in.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@DylanT96 If you don't use data for streaming or gaming but for casual everyday use, you won't see difference between 3G and 4G.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You could always just get a card and sign up for the $15 plan, just to like try it over say a weekend and see if you like it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Most people will not notice any difference for every day use for the internet and checking email.  Unless you stream 4K video or high quality music then there maybe buffering.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@DylanT96, the 4G plan is only available for the data-add-on plan. To be honest, I went from 4G to 3G, and I was okay with a minor bump. 

There are no-more of the 90-day plans and is only grandfathered to the past clients. Once you make the move and change your plan from a 90-day plan to a 30-day plan, that's it.

Personally, I like the 90-day plan, but, I do get a better data plan with a 30-day plan. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DylanT96 , the plan builder is gone so now the only options are the ones on the plan page.  The "3G" plans are actually on the LTE network throttled to the 3G speed.  For almost every user this is sufficient for their use.  Unless you are streaming 4K videos or gaming on your computer this would probably be ok for you.  That being said some data-heavy users may not like it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.