cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400 minute not working

Tores
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I thought I had this resolved, but it seems to have occured again,

I have a plan with voice for anywhere in Canada and text. I got the 400 min Xmas gift from public mobile.  It gives me 400 minutes of long distance internationally.

However, when I dial long distance to the U.S. or overseas, a voice crops up saying that I need a voice plan to use these minutes.  So, I can't use the 400min international long distance.  For some reason the system doesn't recognize that my plan has voice included.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

If you want to use a real phone call (not VoIP) one option is Gold line. 3.33¢/min. Call a local canadian access number, then dial the Australia number:

https://shop.goldline.net/daccess/

Raza is a similar service @ 1.3¢/min:

https://www.raza.com/

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tores wrote:

Whoops! I didn't know that. I guess reading the small print is useful.  I'll try calling some of those other countrie's numbers to test the system.  Thanks for the information.

I think the problem is solved.

Thanks again

Tores

I suggest for calling Australia that you try Fongo out, it's a free VoIP phone service you can get on your smart device. Australia starts at 3 cents a minute using Fongo to call there.

(Voice-over-Internet-Protocol; basically an internet-based phone.)

@AE_Collector wrote:

and you have confirmed that the country you are calling IS ON the relatively short list of international countries included in this plan?

AE_Collector

Thus this post from me earlier.....

AE_Collector

Tores

Whoops! I didn't know that. I guess reading the small print is useful.  I'll try calling some of those other countrie's numbers to test the system.  Thanks for the information.

I think the problem is solved.

Thanks again

Tores

@Tores 

@Tores wrote:

I've tried a variety of different long distance numbers - to the states and other international numbers.  It turns out that some go through and some don't.  I seem to be able to call numb ers in the states.  However, other international calls sometimes work and sometimes don't, e.g. England is OK but Australia and Korea are not. It's a weird kind of problem.

PM long distance add on includes only 18 countries:

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Looks like Australia is not covered, but South Korea should be.  

Tores

I've tried a variety of different long distance numbers - to the states and other international numbers.  It turns out that some go through and some don't.  I seem to be able to call numb ers in the states.  However, other international calls sometimes work and sometimes don't, e.g. England is OK but Australia and Korea are not. It's a weird kind of problem.

Then what happens if you stay on the line? Call doesn't go through?

Are you dialing 1 first for the calls from Canada to the US? How about 011 for the international calls and you have confirmed that the country you are calling IS ON the relatively short list of international countries included in this plan?

AE_Collector

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tores wrote:

I have a plan with voice for anywhere in Canada and text. I got the 400 min Xmas gift from public mobile.  It gives me 400 minutes of long distance internationally.

However, when I dial long distance to the U.S. or overseas, a voice crops up saying that I need a voice plan to use these minutes.  So, I can't use the 400min international long distance.  For some reason the system doesn't recognize that my plan has voice included.

What happened last time? If moderators were able to fix the problem, you should contact them again.

@Tores To eliminate all other issues, you can call this number.

+1 425 703 6214

Microsoft Visitor centre. If this doesn't work, you should contact a moderator as it is definately an issue with your phone or service.

If it does work, it's an issue with the number your dialing or the way you are dialing it.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Tores wrote:

Logon your self-serve account.

Make sure you still have calling minutes left on your add-on.

The xmas gift of 400 calling minutes should be available on your account until you have used up all the talk time. This gift does not renew. If you have already used up the 400 minutes, you will need to purchase another calling add-on.

Tores

Thanks for the link. Perhaps I should do that.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tores wrote:

@Tores Best to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to investigate.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.