cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

CliFlo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the add-on 400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) yesterday morning so that I could make a call to the UK. But still when I try to make the call I'm getting the message saying that I don't have talk included in my plan and I need to buy the add-on. At first I thought it was just taking a while to kick in but it's been nearly 24 hours and I need to make this call ASAP.

Has anyone come across this issue? Is there an extra step I need to do to get it to kick in?

9 REPLIES 9

CliFlo

I have unlimited canada wide talk at the moment.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

Oh in fact it's probably how you're dialing.  I believe it should be 01144, based on:  https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/dialingcodes.html?p1=250&p2=136&number=0114+2329437

You beat me to it!!  🙂

Hopefully that solves the problem

GC

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Oh in fact it's probably how you're dialing.  I believe it should be 01144, based on:  https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/dialingcodes.html?p1=250&p2=136&number=0114+2329437

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CliFlo it might be how you're dialing the number but I'm not sure about that--I'm sure someone will weigh in on that shortly.

In the meantime I wanted to ask one other question in case it's not the dialing pattern:  does your regular plan include some talk in it?  IE. you're on the $10/50/50 plan, or otherwise does your plan include at least unlimited province-wide talk?  You need to have talk in your plan in order to use the long distance add-ons.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CliFlo

CliFlo

I did the 2 steps alright. The add-on is showing up on my account. And says I have used 0 minutes of my 400. But just still won't call.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What are the first 5 digits that you are dialing?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@CliFlo wrote:

I purchased the add-on 400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) yesterday morning so that I could make a call to the UK. But still when I try to make the call I'm getting the message saying that I don't have talk included in my plan and I need to buy the add-on. At first I thought it was just taking a while to kick in but it's been nearly 24 hours and I need to make this call ASAP.

Has anyone come across this issue? Is there an extra step I need to do to get it to kick in?

It is active immediately.  Now purchasing addons is a two step process the first time you "purchase" the addon the money actually goes to your available funds.  You then need to go in and "re-purchase" the addon and it will take money from the available funds and add the addon to your account.  So if you login to your self serve you will probably see $15 in your available funds.  If you don't and in the addon section you see the addon listed there you could try the lost/stolen phone trick or you may need to contact the mods.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.