cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 Plan to stay?

Oblivious
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I think the $40 plan with 4.5GB + 500 mb bonus was like a limited time plan before?

Is it here to stay now or is it still a limited time plan technically?

I do understand that plans are subjected to change and any time and stuff without warning, but asides from that is it a standard plan we can get and not like a limited time plan?

13 REPLIES 13

Korth
Mayor / Maire

PM is quite good about continuing legacy plans. Many people have plans or promos which are no longer offered, many still have legacy plans (at legacy prices) from years ago.

To my knowledge, PM has only discontinued its ancient Pioneer plans - throwbacks to its pre-Telus origins. And even then, PM made a good effort to communicate to affected customers (for months), along with special offers to move towards other plans.

Nothing lasts forever. If you get a few years of awesome savings from a plan that's great. If not, you can buy something else. And if you never bought it in the first place but just watched the vendor remove it from the store shelf then you lost nothing anyhow.

Service Terms

https://assets.ctfassets.net/g0l02radjx86/1s61oaiYgzTFRh9iNVBfSh/8aee9c05cb53369926d464c13097571d/Pu...

Can the terms of service change?

Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being
posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted, including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current
terms of service. You can cancel service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

kapid11

Yup! That's correct. If the plan is no longer being advertised, you may be able to still keep it as a grandfathered plan. 

However, the details & contents of the plan could change at any moment with or possibly without a notice.

Just something to keep an eye out for.

If it does not stay. Would I be correct in saying:

1. It would no longer be advertised. 

2.  It would become a grandfathered plan for existing customers on the $40 plan. 

kapid11

Hey @Oblivious !

Your current $40 for 4.5 GB + a 500 MB Bonus seems to be quite awesome! 

As for the moment, this plan seems to be here to stay for a while perhaps. Although, there is no guarantee and no telling when this plan might get changed slightly, or changed greatly or even just flat-out expire as a plan choice. 

My intuition says that this plan will most likely not be changed and is here to stay for a while as this is a True North Certified Affordable Plan as @Jb456 mentioned with their screenshot. 

Although I myself cannot predict the future as much as I wish I could, and I'm sure our other fellow Community members most likely will also not know if the plan will change so it is generally advised to be aware that plans could get changed at any moment & possibly sometimes without too much of a notice, or a notice at all. Just something to keep an eye on.

Generally, I believe Public Mobile will send an email notification or some sort of notice or alert to customers to let them know of any changes to the plan or if the plan is going into expiry. 

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Cheers

@Oblivious wrote:

Hi,

I think the $40 plan with 4.5GB + 500 mb bonus was like a limited time plan before?

Is it here to stay now or is it still a limited time plan technically?

I do understand that plans are subjected to change and any time and stuff without warning, but asides from that is it a standard plan we can get and not like a limited time plan?

Unfortunately, nobody here can give a promise or guarantee that this plan won't ever change. Although rare, the plan could change even for existing customers. As for the current $40 plan that is offered to new customers, it has been changed a few times in the last couple of years. Some different versions during this time have included 2.5, 4.5, or 5GB of data (with autopay).

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Oblivious wrote:

@mh1983 

Does public mobile usually give notice when plans are changing? Like in announcement posts?

Yep! Initially, I think they were a bit abrupt w/ retiring the $10 plan and users spoke up. PM then brought back the plan for awhile, and gave a good heads-up the second go-around about retiring the plan. Any time there's been a change to a plan, I've seen an announcement on the forums.

I'd suggest to follow these steps to subscribe to the announcement subforum: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Sometimes but not always.

Oblivious

@mh1983 

Does public mobile usually give notice when plans are changing? Like in announcement posts?

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a very competitive plan for sure, really making me think twice about my $30 2gb plan...

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

AFAIK, yes, it's here to stay, though I don't have a crystal ball. As you mentioned, the plans can change, regardless of promo or standard. But PM is usually quite good at giving notice of any changes.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

For now it's a standard plan. Not planned to change. Good question though because it did change briefly a few months ago.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Oblivious 

It's likely here to stay as it does not say "Limited Time Only" on the plan page.

Screenshot_20210115_122308.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.