cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40$ 4GB @3g Speed Promo Plan

timmmmeh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What a fantastic Promotion! - just switched all three of my family lines over to it!

Wish I'd seen it yesterday, before our renewal date - since the future dated change is only July 14th 😞

Keep these great promotions coming! Never been happier with a wireless carrier!

Tim

17 REPLIES 17

@Belivo wrote:

Been on 3G since March and was on LTE and 4G before and don't notice at all for what I use. I am on 5+ messaging platforms, various sports apps and tonnes of large emails and I am very pleased with 3G. Do the switch and you won't regret. If you do switch back. Always seems to be a promotion lately. Good luck. 

Unfortunately, the switching back (to LTE) part isn't an option for many people because when Public Mobile first introduced "3g" data options, the plans that included full LTE speeds weren't very good.  So, many, if not most Public Mobile customers who have full-speed LTE plans are on plans that are no longer offered.  To get the equivlalent plan (feature-wise and data-amount-wise) LTE plan back, many of these customers would have to pay a significantly higher price.  I would say that because of that, once you switch, there is no going back (although it is possible if you are willing to pay a higher price).

Belivo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been on 3G since March and was on LTE and 4G before and don't notice at all for what I use. I am on 5+ messaging platforms, various sports apps and tonnes of large emails and I am very pleased with 3G. Do the switch and you won't regret. If you do switch back. Always seems to be a promotion lately. Good luck. 

mahsere

I have 4gb 3g and works great  ... i guess you have 1gb LTE means you dont download which will be used very fast .. I have 4gb 3g speed and i dont really download and i think its really fast enough to open pages and use facebook and youtube never buffer . go for it and if you dont like it changed it next month which i doube you will because you will not notice any diff .. good luck 

@crtowns wrote:

I'm paying $40 for 1GB LTE. I really don't need more than 1G, but like the fact that this includes Canada-wide calling. That would be a nice added feature. Not sure I want to downgrade to 3G to gain the Canada-wide calling. Argh...the 3G vs 4G debate. Is there a way to "test" 3G speeds to see what it's like before committing?

Perhaps this will help: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Share-your-3G-plan-experiences-here-laten...

You could also just try it for a month and come back to LTE if it is not suitable. Just activate it on your next renewal and you risk no $ unless 3G is totally wromg for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mahsere

Hi , Just contact amderator they will do it for you directly ... the same happened to me and they change mine I did not have to wait for a month .. give them your email and your pin # and name attached with the account thats all .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crtowns, from what I've seen on various posts, the only thing that would really be noticeable would be video.   Browsing, and most other stuff including voip should be reasonably good. 

fonetone101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am recommending PM to my friends!  Great network, cheap and affordable plans and most of all more rewards!!!  This is really great!!!  😉

crtowns

I'm paying $40 for 1GB LTE. I really don't need more than 1G, but like the fact that this includes Canada-wide calling. That would be a nice added feature. Not sure I want to downgrade to 3G to gain the Canada-wide calling. Argh...the 3G vs 4G debate. Is there a way to "test" 3G speeds to see what it's like before committing?

fonetone101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Grab this promo! It is really a great deal! I already did today! Yahoo! 🙂 

@timmmmeh, don't bother with the DM to the mods.  You'll be instructed to just do what you've already done.

Seriously... the plan wasn't there yesterday, so this is day 1.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@timmmmeh Thank you. Enjoy your weekends!

timmmmeh

Thanks! - good idea.

I don't mind being patient until next month - already did the future-dated thing.

Appreciate the reponse though, happy Friday! @meocon

meocon

@timmmmeh you can try to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them nicely to change your current plan to this promo plan if you’re really interested in.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process. Good Luck buddy

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yea, it's a great plan, 3G speeds is more than sufficient for the majority of the population, everyone should hop on this plan (unless if you're already on the 4GB LTE plan)!

timmmmeh

Totally!

Excited for it - was the plan We were hoping for with R*&^^(*&s before we left the big red.

It's perfect for our needs & Usage patterns.

jp2

@timmmmeh wrote:

What a fantastic Promotion! - just switched all three of my family lines over to it!

Wish I'd seen it yesterday, before our renewal date - since the future dated change is only July 14th 😞

Keep these great promotions coming! Never been happier with a wireless carrier!

Tim

Better than never 

Need Help? Let's chat.