cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 - 4.5GB Plan - Issues with Iphone SE - Data Not Working

Lynx1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently changed my public mobile talk/text plan to the $40 - 4.5GB plan.

I have the iphone SE.  The talk/text still works but the data does not work at all. 

I tried all the APN setting suggestions on the community board, but that doesn't seem to work.  Can anyone help with this please?  Would really appreciate it, I'm technologically challenged :S

9 REPLIES 9

Lynx1

Hello Again:

So, the Moderator Team got back to me but it was a different person this time.  They didn't clarify specifically what adjustments they did in the background though.  They just said, I didn't add data correctly.  That's all.  I hope that helps with  understanding this.

Lynx1

Hello BigMouth2015:

So here is a direct quote from my private message from the Moderator who handled the data issue for me.

"I reviewed you account and i saw that you did not actually include data in your plan. However, you do not have to worry as I made the adjustments and I suggest you reboot your phone then test."

Actually, I did follow the directions exactly to include data for my Iphone SE, but looks like there must have been a gliche.  I'm assuming that the Moderator took care of whatever he saw in the back-end by stating "adjustments."  After I rebooted my phone, the data was working and the speed was amazing!  

I will send a private message to the Moderator again to see if he could elaborate on what he did since someone in the community is asking about it.  I hope they respond quickly, I noticed that they are a little slow, they might be back-logged.

I hope that helps.

Lynx1

bigmouth2015
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There was nothing wrong with my phone.  I was worried I would have to buy a new phone.  Thankfully I don't!  All is well again!

Thanks to the person who sent me the link to the Moderator Team.  They were able to fix the problem from the back-end.  There was nothing wrong with my phone.  I was worried I would have to buy a new phone.  Thankfully I don't!  All is well again!

Did you care to ask what did they do exactly in the back-end? That way, if we ever experience the same issue (since IPhone is a pretty popular phone), we will know how to resolve it exactly.

Lynx1

Thanks to everyone who replied!  I tried everyone's suggestions but it didn't work.  Thanks to the person who sent me the link to the Moderator Team.  They were able to fix the problem from the back-end.  There was nothing wrong with my phone.  I was worried I would have to buy a new phone.  Thankfully I don't!  All is well again!

lat34hat34

Wow! It worked. Thank you so much!!!

lat34hat34

Bless you! I'm going to try that right now. Thankfully, I remembered the WIFI password by heart, haha. Thank you! I'll update you in a few minutes.

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can always try performing a 'reset network settings' if you remember all your WiFi passwords (as it will clear those, too). I've had success with this.

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings (3rd one down).

lat34hat34

I would definitely call them to get things sorted. However, you have an SE. I do too. I don't have data (I use WIFI) but I have noticed that my internet connection has been messing up since upgrading to the new iOS (was perfectly fine before). For example, sometimes I have to disconnect and then reconnect in order for the internet to work.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Lynx1 wrote:

I recently changed my public mobile talk/text plan to the $40 - 4.5GB plan.

I have the iphone SE.  The talk/text still works but the data does not work at all. 

I tried all the APN setting suggestions on the community board, but that doesn't seem to work.  Can anyone help with this please?  Would really appreciate it, I'm technologically challenged :S

Have you logged in to verify that it actually changed to the correct plan?  There have been times where it hasn't and a feature had been left off, so make sure it shows data.  If the data worked before and now didn't after the plan change (and your plan does data in self serve) I would contact the moderators.  Current response time from them if around 48 hours, a link to message then is in my signature

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.