cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd and 4th Generation Plans

BBPHONE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

The new plans are all at 3 G, does anyone know what the generation is of my current $45. plan? I cannot find that information anywhere. I was sure it was 4 G.

Thanks

38 REPLIES 38

@Jenn7808 wrote:

5gigs 

$45 plan a month

I'm not sure how your post relates to this thread. Did you have a question?

Jenn7808
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5gigs 

$45 plan a month

You should remove your personal info by clicking on the three dots in the too right corner.

You will need to get in touch with the moderator team for this request a copy of your statements.

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. 

Joana_Vasques
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Arturo,

I didn't have internet over the weekend, but I am here now, please don't close my case. 

I need a one time receipt for the last 8 months, so I can expense my phone bills to my employer. My e-mail address is *****

Thank you,

Joana

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there!

This is Arturo again, I'm following up your case since there hasn't been a response I remain at your disposal to continue with your case for rest of the day, remember that this case will be closed if there's no response.

I'll wait for your response!

Arturo - Public Mobile Moderator Team

BBPHONE

That plan is 500 MB of data. Also if you click on the numbers provided in the plan it will give you more info. I have 1GB. 

BBPHONE

I haven't seen 5 G offered for the same price anywhere. Telus has 4 and 5 G plans but they are a lot higher in price.

BBPHONE

True, but then if you are home using your safe WiFi you could just use your computer instead of your phone. The 4 G and 5 G are popular now, why would you want to decrease your speed, unless you don't need much speed, then it would be ok.

BBPHONE

I agree.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there!

This is Arturo again, I'm following up your case since there hasn't been a response I remain at your disposal to continue with your case for rest of the day, remember that this case will be closed if there's no response.

I'll wait for your response!

Arturo - Public Mobile Moderator Team

There is a relatively inexpensive way to test before making the move to 3G permanent. Get a new PM SIM from somewhere, anywhere from $3-$10 cost. Activate it on a new number at PM on a $25 or even A $15 plan. Put the SIM card in your device and you have 30 days and however much data you got with the plan (1Gb on $25 plan or 250 Mb on $15 plan) you chose to send pictures and judge the results. Once the 30 days or the data is gone ensure the plan wont auto renew and the SIM can be tossed or given to someone wanting to activate a new plan.

Put your SIM card back in your phone and nothing has changed but now you have the required info to make a decision about your plan.

Of course if you know anyone else on PM with a conventional 3G plan maybe they can test with you to avoid the need for the above.

AE_Collector

@BBPHONE as others have said, the size of files you are transferring doesn't impact reliability. Only the speed is different.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BBPHONE 

The high res pictures are around 8.7 MB, so I highly doubt you’ll run out of data because of that. You could get a data add-on and have any unused data roll over until you finish it.

@BBPHONE wrote:

While it's nice to have more data, it might be better to keep the faster speed to make sure my work goes through without problems. Why are they going to a slower speed, I thought 4 and 5 G speeds were the better choice. Depending of course on what you use your phone for.

The slower speeds are likely because the parent company would rather have Telus Mobility or Koodo Mobile subscribers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBPHONE wrote:

I work with large photos and need to be sure that I don't have any problems before I switch to a lower speed. 

It would "work" fine...it would just take a little longer. Maybe send the photos when on wifi. Plenty o' wifi hotspots around. Or use a memory card and copy them down later using USB.

Edit: because it's a budget carrier. I haven't looked but I don't think their immediate competitors have 4G either. But I could be wrong.

BBPHONE

While it's nice to have more data, it might be better to keep the faster speed to make sure my work goes through without problems. Why are they going to a slower speed, I thought 4 and 5 G speeds were the better choice. Depending of course on what you use your phone for.

BBPHONE

I work with large photos and need to be sure that I don't have any problems before I switch to a lower speed. 

@BBPHONE 

As mentioned by others, the lack of the term “3G” on your plan tells you that you ARE on a 4G-LTE plan now. But I think you will notice virtually no difference on a “3G Like” Plan, It wont be a 3G plan, it will still be 4G-LTE From Telus but throttled to about 3 Mb speed which will only make the data move a bit slower.

AE_Collector

PM uses Telus and Bell towers which are 4G but throttles the speed to 3G.

@BBPHONE wrote:

What about large photos that are being emailed? If it takes a lot at 4 G then 3 G might not send them.

While you have an LTE plan, it's not impossible for pictures to send faster on the 3g network. This depends on network conditions.

BBPHONE

It only tells me the following

• This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB Data
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

Can't find the speed anywhere.

BBPHONE

What about large photos that are being emailed? If it takes a lot at 4 G then 3 G might not send them.

If you are sending large photos with cell data regularly, you aren’t sending enough to worry about the speed if you get by on 1Gb a month. You aren’t going to notice enough difference considering you can get 5Gb of data for the same price now. If sending them using wifi Your plan data doesn’t affect anything.  JMHO...

AE_Collector

@BBPHONE wrote:

Hi,

What about large photos? I don't stream but I work with large photos.

@BBPHONE how do you send these photos?

@BBPHONE wrote:

Hi

• - 1GB Data

This is all I get when I look for the generation. Can't find that info and need to know.

TY!

That plan can be had with Telus prepaid with auto top up. $30 promo right now.

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/prepaid/plans?linktype=subnav

BBPHONE

Hi,

What about large photos? I don't stream but I work with large photos.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BBPHONE wrote:

Hi

• - 1GB Data

This is all I get when I look for the generation. Can't find that info and need to know.

TY!

@BBPHONE hi that sounds like a terrible plan for that price regardless if it is 4g or not 

BBPHONE

Thank you for your help, I will do that.

@BBPHONE  you have full speed LTE if it doesn't say 3g next to it. $45/1gb that's definitely full LTE speeds

BBPHONE

Hi

• - 1GB Data

TY!

Need Help? Let's chat.