cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G TO 4G

sahildeepsingh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I feel my network sometimes runs slow So i was thinking to convert my data from 3g to 4g. Is that possible if yes how can I ??

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

davinderkaur
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

NO SORRY Public mobile gv 3g data 

if your 3g data not working good check your mobile data settings 

if you want more speed change provider 

thanks

@sahildeepsingh 

The only way you can get 4G LTE unthrottled data would be to acquire a plan from someone "selling" their grandfathered plan. There are a variety of 30 day(up to 6gb p/m) and 90 day plans (up to 12gb) that may occasionally be advertised on sites like craigslist or you may come acoss someone willing to part with the $10 50/50 plan that comes with no included data therefore any data add ons default to 4G LTE.

Alternatively if you just need a higher speed for short periods changing the settings in your phone from automatic or 4G LTE(remember its 4G LTE throttled to 3G speeds) to 3G only will likely give you faster speeds of 12mbps up to 20mbps. YMMV!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No sorry. Public Mobile is LTE(4G) throttled to 3g speed (3mbs)

They no longer offer full LTE plans. People that are old clients and still on a plan with LTE would have it. All the rest is LTE throttled to 3g speed. 

If those on 4g plans decide to switch to a newer plan that offers something more than they will loose their 4g LTE and will also be on 3g and can never get their old plan back with LTE.

Sorry but it is not possible!.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

dont think they offer anymore new plan use 4G now in public mobile.     if uou need full 4G speed, need to change provider

Need Help? Let's chat.