cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day Plan is really a 27 Day Plan

skrdan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm getting the wool pulled over my eyes by your "30-day Plan". 

I specifically waited in March 2019, to register my payment on March 19, to pay my monthly plan only to find out the truth, once again that PM pulls out money out of my account earlier than the due date.

Yesterday, was in the hospital (cardiac care) and needed service but PM decided to cut my phone off (worked fine at 06:30 but not at 07:30) from communicating to me that it would do so!!! Who cares about pensioners? Certainly not PM. WHY ARE YOU PULLLING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WHEN IT'S NOT DUE AND THEN CUTTING MY PHONE OFF WHEN YOU'VE GAUGED MONIES BEFORE THE 30 DAY PLAN???

Well FIZZ has a great plan too...$40.00 off when you refer a member and the new member gets it too. If there are other pensioners here, they can scramble over to FIZZ.

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skrdan wrote:

I have chatted w/Simon and opened 2 tkts. and I may have to open a 3rd. There is something going on w/PM.

Then I should contact the CRTC for cellular elder care.

Could you describe what that something is? Or what effect you're seeing?

Are you asking about elder care for an elder or yourself? If you're waiting for other pension cheques then one might not classify oneself as an elder just quite yet 🙂

skrdan

I have chatted w/Simon and opened 2 tkts. and I may have to open a 3rd. There is something going on w/PM.

Then I should contact the CRTC for cellular elder care.

@skrdan wrote:

with regards to CCST, I have to inform them of my misunderstood issue and as well, other issues that might help other seniors - from 1950 to 1980-we are the baby boomers and can benefit streamlined services for our elder care. Just been observing, minding my mistakes and brain-storming solutions for an easier path to cellular issues. 

Again,I am very sorry.

Try this. It will allow you to pay on a specific date every month. It will be automatically done by YOU payment wise. 

Hybrid Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

PS. This would also ensure that if you had to wait for a voucher to be valid that anxiety won’t set in as you will have time to wait it out before your next 30 day term payment is due.

Copyright 2020

skrdan
I only get one pension as am not old enough to get federal yet..so it's always on the 15th. When you're tight...choices have to be made as to who gets paid with what little remains in the acc't. Anyways, Covid has hampered seeking a part-time job since many establishments are closed for most of the day.

skrdan

with regards to CCST, I have to inform them of my misunderstood issue and as well, other issues that might help other seniors - from 1950 to 1980-we are the baby boomers and can benefit streamlined services for our elder care. Just been observing, minding my mistakes and brain-storming solutions for an easier path to cellular issues. 

Again,I am very sorry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The mods strike again.

You can always manually pay ahead of time at your pension cheque time. Then your next renewal comes up and it renews from that. Then your next cheque, deposit again. The renewal date will creep up of course and you would have to keep an eye out at around cheque time.

skrdan

@kb_mv 

Apologies to All Community Members for your time and efforts.

Last Feb when I communicated with a mod,I explained re pension check only received on the 15th of any month and she stated that I could charge the date for the 19th and PM could draw funds out between 16th and 18th of the month AND, I thought that to mean "every" month.

Yes, I'm mixed up between 30 days and 1 month.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@skrdan 

One final addition to all of the above ...

If you do choose to register a complaint with CCTS then you should first try to communicate with Public Mobile to resolve your issue. And document the communications.

CCTS rules require the customer attempts to communicate with the carrier before complaining to CCTS. They routinely dismiss complaints which don't follow their procedures.

You can contact PM through the Simon chatbot or by sending a private message to @CS_Agent - complaints on this PM Community forum are not guaranteed to receive any response from them.

@skrdan wrote:
Please tell me how to contact the CCTS?

@skrdan Did you read the replies to your initial post? If I were you, I would go back and re read what others have posted before you contact CCTS. Previous posters have laid out why your renewal date is not the 19th (that you seemed to really want). 30 day cycles/plans here are not the same as monthly.

Though you started on March 19th, your first renewal was on April 18th (30 days later. A day earlier than your preferred day of the 19th because March has 31 days).

Your second renewal was May 18th (April has 30 days so the date doesn't change).

Your 3rd renewal was 30 days later on June 17th (it seems like a day earlier but May has 31 days so you did in fact get 30 days of service).

Your 4th renewal was on 17 July (notice date did not change because June had 30 days).

Your 5th renewal was 16 August. Again 30 days after your last renewal (a day earlier on the calendar because July has 31 days).

Your last renewal would have been September 15, on first glance a day earlier than last month but you still got 30 days of service (August has 31 days so it again pushes it back on day).

Etc etc etc. There is no scam going on, only 30 day billing cycle as opposed to "monthly".

Go back and check your statements to see the dates you paid and count between them on a calendar. You'll see that they haven't ripped you off.

skrdan
Please tell me how to contact the CCTS?

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@skrdan wrote:

I specifically waited in March 2019, to register my payment on March 19, to pay my monthly plan only to find out the truth, once again that PM pulls out money out of my account earlier than the due date.

Yesterday, was in the hospital (cardiac care) and needed service but PM decided to cut my phone off (worked fine at 06:30 but not at 07:30) from communicating to me that it would do so!!! Who cares about pensioners? Certainly not PM. WHY ARE YOU PULLLING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WHEN IT'S NOT DUE AND THEN CUTTING MY PHONE OFF WHEN YOU'VE GAUGED MONIES BEFORE THE 30 DAY PLAN???

Well FIZZ has a great plan too...$40.00 off when you refer a member and the new member gets it too. If there are other pensioners here, they can scramble over to FIZZ.

Hi @skrdan take it easy, remember you are in cardiac care.  I am a pensioner too and I would be as upset (even more) if I felt that I was being cheated.  But you are not.  As per our very knowledgeable PM community posted above, PM plans are not monthly but 30-day plans.

Anyway, if you are going to another provider, we wish you well.  Wishing you a speedy recovery 🌹

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@skrdan  As mentioned your plan renewal is every 30 days not monthly and because May, July and August have 31 days that is why it seems that you lost 3 days.

No need to contact the moderators.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@skrdan 

Everything is as it should be.

The plans here are 30 days not monthly.

Since March there were 3 months that had 31 days (may, July and August) this is why your renewal was moved by 3 days, is it was every 27 days it would have moved much further ahead

Wish you fast recovery

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@skrdan wrote:

@skrdan   Wishing you a speedy recovery from your hospital treatment. 

However, are you sure about the 27 day renewal because I've never seen that on my account.  Obviously with renewal being 30 days, the dates for payment changes every month, but if you're sure that your payment happened earlier than 30 days, then you should contact moderators as soon as possible.  You probably already know about the chatbot option or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

30 days does not equal a month. Each paid term floats up in start day as the months go by.

You are not being ripped off. It's 30 days. If all months were 30 days then you would not be wondering what's happening.

It takes about 5 years for the date to float up to early in the month then it's at the end of the month and then floats its way back up to when you started.

Need Help? Let's chat.