cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 short beeps before every conversation and cut off at less than 1 minute!!!

dongfangcan94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Background: see http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Can-t-make-and-receive-phone-calls-and-t...

It seems that posting on this community forum is much better in terms of attracting serious attention from customer service, which I learned during the recent no-talk-no-text issue. So now I'm back, with an even weirder problem. Basically everything went wrong after the plan change back in July.

So, Public Mobile customer service "fixed" my previous issue and now I can make/receive phone calls and text and everything, except they did that by adding all 3 features, including another 6G data add-on on top of my existing plan, which looks weird but I'm totally fine with that. However, the PROBLEM now is that I can't talk on the phone for more than 1 minute and there is ALWAYS a 3-beep noise before we start to talk. This behaviour applies to voice mail as well. I've tried numerous different phones, and the problem is the same. I've posted some screenshots and videos to "prove" it. 

Regarding this issue, again, I've been communicating with customer service via email back and forth for 2 weeks now. Still no solution. I've answered all technical questions they asked me, but just for your convenience, I will re-iterate them once again here:

1) It used to work just fine before, no beeps or cut-off whatsoever;

2) It started to behave like this after customer service added talk+text back;

3) There are 3 short-beeps before EVERY conversation starts, no matther I'm calling/receiving/accessing voicemail

4) No phone calls/voicemail access can last longer than 1 minute (you will see in the below screenshots)

5) Tested on other phones, EXACTLY same behaviour

6) The other end could be cell phone/landline/voicemail, EXACTLY same behaviour

7) Tested at other locations, Toronto/Markham/Richmond Hill, city and country, inside and outside, day and night, EXACTLY same behaviour

😎 Rebooted a variety of phones 10+ times, EXACTLY same behaviour

And here are some my wild guesses for why this is happening:

1) The phone number shown in "my account" used to 437-xxx-xxx, which was the initial assigned number when I signed up. But now it is showing 647-xxx-xxxx, which was the number I immediately ported to Public Mobile after I signed up. Of course, this shouldn't be a problem alone, but considering it used to show the old number and it worked fine then, I can't help but think this might have something to do with the problem;

2) Could it be that all my calls are actually going though "forwarding"? The beeps are really suspicious, it sounds that it goes through a switch or another line. 

3) Customer service accidentially put some length limit on my talk?

4) My phone calls are all being recorded and that's why I'm hearing 3-short-beep?

You guys should call my phone and you will understand what I'm talking about.

Here are the most recent my phone call histories. You can see there is not a single call last more than 1 minute. Most of them cut off at anywhere between 45 seconds ~ 1 minute.

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.28.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.28.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.28.47 AM.png

And, here is the video of auto cut-off at 45 seconds to 1 minute range. The other end is one of my phones and it didn't hang up. The conversation ended all of a sudden with no signs.

I'm seriously bothered by all these issues since July, dear customer service. Please do fix them for me? This is seriously affecting my daily life and I have to have it solved soon. Thanks.

36 REPLIES 36

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Forez

I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing issue, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile SIM card #, so that I can look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Forez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you manage to get this rectified?

I've been having this exact same problem for the last 2 weeks. Got in touch with a PM rep by email who's been helping me out, but we haven't been able to arrive at a solution. We ended our exchanges with him escalating this case to his support team. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon! I can't really make any calls like this.

Just curious if there's an easy fix or something I can say to a PM rep to expedite a fix!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
This is very strange, please update us when you get a resolution, good luck with everything.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @dongfangcan94

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about this - these behaviours do sound quite odd and we will look into it together.

To answer some of your questions,

1- It's normal for the new number to show on your account after porting; it shouldn't cause an issue with your calling features.

2- I've never really heard of forwarding, the call does go through a switch as it normally would in order to get across to the receivers line. 

3- we are not able to add a length time on your talk features, it's simply impossible to do.

4- we do does record phone calls. IF they were, it would not be on our side (only the authorities would be able to do this)

Can you please send me your phone number by private message ? I'll start off by completely removing your plan and re-instating it in case you came across a glitch. Afterwards, depending on your device, we will try a soft reset/reset network settings. 

Kindly provide me with your information and i'll look into for you. We will get this resolved.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@dongfangcan94 Sadly this is definitely the strangest behaviour I have seen in a year. 😢

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Won't be surprised if your account needs to be recreated on a new SIM. 

Last check would be a different activated PM SIM in your phone; and let us know the make/model of your phone in case someone has deeper knowledge of it.

Hang in there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M or @Shazia_K can you please investigate?  This is very odd and not the experience I've had using PM and Telus's awesome network for over 13 years combined.  There is something odd going on for @dongfangcan94 😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.