cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 short beeps before every conversation and cut off at less than 1 minute!!!

dongfangcan94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Background: see http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Can-t-make-and-receive-phone-calls-and-t...

It seems that posting on this community forum is much better in terms of attracting serious attention from customer service, which I learned during the recent no-talk-no-text issue. So now I'm back, with an even weirder problem. Basically everything went wrong after the plan change back in July.

So, Public Mobile customer service "fixed" my previous issue and now I can make/receive phone calls and text and everything, except they did that by adding all 3 features, including another 6G data add-on on top of my existing plan, which looks weird but I'm totally fine with that. However, the PROBLEM now is that I can't talk on the phone for more than 1 minute and there is ALWAYS a 3-beep noise before we start to talk. This behaviour applies to voice mail as well. I've tried numerous different phones, and the problem is the same. I've posted some screenshots and videos to "prove" it. 

Regarding this issue, again, I've been communicating with customer service via email back and forth for 2 weeks now. Still no solution. I've answered all technical questions they asked me, but just for your convenience, I will re-iterate them once again here:

1) It used to work just fine before, no beeps or cut-off whatsoever;

2) It started to behave like this after customer service added talk+text back;

3) There are 3 short-beeps before EVERY conversation starts, no matther I'm calling/receiving/accessing voicemail

4) No phone calls/voicemail access can last longer than 1 minute (you will see in the below screenshots)

5) Tested on other phones, EXACTLY same behaviour

6) The other end could be cell phone/landline/voicemail, EXACTLY same behaviour

7) Tested at other locations, Toronto/Markham/Richmond Hill, city and country, inside and outside, day and night, EXACTLY same behaviour

😎 Rebooted a variety of phones 10+ times, EXACTLY same behaviour

And here are some my wild guesses for why this is happening:

1) The phone number shown in "my account" used to 437-xxx-xxx, which was the initial assigned number when I signed up. But now it is showing 647-xxx-xxxx, which was the number I immediately ported to Public Mobile after I signed up. Of course, this shouldn't be a problem alone, but considering it used to show the old number and it worked fine then, I can't help but think this might have something to do with the problem;

2) Could it be that all my calls are actually going though "forwarding"? The beeps are really suspicious, it sounds that it goes through a switch or another line. 

3) Customer service accidentially put some length limit on my talk?

4) My phone calls are all being recorded and that's why I'm hearing 3-short-beep?

You guys should call my phone and you will understand what I'm talking about.

Here are the most recent my phone call histories. You can see there is not a single call last more than 1 minute. Most of them cut off at anywhere between 45 seconds ~ 1 minute.

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.28.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.28.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.28.47 AM.png

And, here is the video of auto cut-off at 45 seconds to 1 minute range. The other end is one of my phones and it didn't hang up. The conversation ended all of a sudden with no signs.

I'm seriously bothered by all these issues since July, dear customer service. Please do fix them for me? This is seriously affecting my daily life and I have to have it solved soon. Thanks.

36 REPLIES 36

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@transcanada wrote:

Yes, this issue is resloved by removing one of conflicting add-ons. Just hope your system can be smart enough in the future to recognize this. Just something to consider for the next enhancement.:)

@transcanada well it's not *my* system...almost everyone you interact with here (including me) is just a customer like yourself.  Unfortuantely, this issue has been around since the US Roaming add-ons were introduced in Nov 2016, so I wouldn't hold my breath on a fix any time soon.  For now, just be careful not to purchase conflicting add-ons.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

transcanada

Yes, this issue is resloved by removing one of conflicting add-ons. Just hope your system can be smart enough in the future to recognize this. Just something to consider for the next enhancement.:)

srlawren

@transcanada wrote:

@Mary_M 

On a business trip in US. Please help.

I have bought $60 roaming package and currently in US. Every call drops within 1 minute. heard beeps. I got full bar signal.

@transcanada did you happen to buy a US Roaming Talk add-on (or either of the add-on bundles which include it)?  Usually this symptom is caused by having TWO (or more) active US Roaming Talk add-ons at the same time; as your plan already includes talk while in the USA, I wouldn't be suprirsed if a single US Roaming Talk add-on would cause the same issue.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@transcanada wrote:

@Mary_M 

I have bought $60 roaming package and currently in US. Every call drops within 1 minute. heard beeps. I got full bar signal.

Mary_M isn't doing this job anymore as far as we know.

Please post a screen snip of your overview page so we can see what you have. Blank out personal info of course.

Then we can see what you would need to do next.

transcanada

@Mary_M 

transcanada

Same issue!

I have bought $60 roaming package and currently in US. Every call drops within 1 minute. heard beeps. I got full bar signal. Urgently need help please!!! 

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

can you let me know how solved, thanks

Rockdaddy22
Perfect, thank you for the update

Pierre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been dealt with this afternoon... All good now... 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Please keep us updated on this serious issue

Pierre

Problems again... Acccount suspended after only 15 days... Hopefully this can solved fast... Payment was due in September only... Sending a PM to mods...

Rockdaddy22
I'm so happy to hear that 🙂

Pierre

It did work... and fast... MarieHelene_L solved the problem within an hour from my post after I spent probably 2 hours in two days with the *611 ( that is without the waiting time 🙂 )... I was told my Sim card was probably shot and that I would need a new one... 

Been with PM since 2012 and nothing has ever come close in terms of suppport, all carriers included... 😉

Amazing service ! 

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 oops.  I enitrely missed the "PM sent" at the bottom of @Pierre's reply.  My apologies, Pierre.

Rockdaddy22
I asked because of the way you asked Pierre. I believe he mentioned he sent a pm, I thought maybe you thought he sent it to an individual mod so provided the @mod link. I was pretty sure, just wanted to clarify 🙂

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 surprised to see u asking!  😉  it does.  They still have access to each other's PM boxes, at least for now.  i think Jeremy may have said at some point they will turn off ability to send PM to the individual moderators.  Moderator_team is definitely the preferred way to contact now.

Rockdaddy22
What happens if we send a message to an individual mod, does it still work? Just curious 🙂

srlawren

@Pierre did you send the moderator team a private message?

Pierre

Bingo! Thanks to MarieHelene_L for a weeping fast answer.... Case resolved... 

Smiley Very Happy

Pierre

Having the same issue since I switched from a Pionner Plan to a Voice and text only on 04/08/2017 for the next month... Hopefully Shazia_K or another Mod can solve my issue...

PM sent ...

Thanks!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Ginalee13,

thank you for reaching out to us !

We have received your private message and will look into it shortly 🙂

Regards,.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Have you sent a private message to a mod about these issues?

Ginalee13

Hi Mary,

I recently started having the same strange problem with the 3 beeps before my phone conversation but the call drops after 30-40 seconds.
Will you be able to help with this?

Thank you,
Gina

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren, 😉

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@Shazia_K to the rescue!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Kordaek

Than k you for responding!

Can you restart your phone now? try making a call and test it out.

I'm confident that it should be all good to go now 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Kordaek

Sorry to hear about this, 

This is the 2nd time i am replying to your private message but still no response 😞 do you know where to locate your private messages? 

Thanks,

Shazia

Kordaek

I'm having the exact same issue - calls end at about the 1 minute mark, and have 3 short beeps before every call. 

PM sent - hoping that I can get a solution here. 

Thanks!

Rockdaddy22
Thanks for the update 🙂 Glad Shaz was able to help you.

Forez

Just a small update for anyone who might have an issue like this in the future - the issue was rectified for me in moments by @Shazia_K. Many, many thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.