cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

3 gb offer received via text

A couple of weeks ago Public Mobile sent me an offer via text to add 3GB of data to my existing plan for $9/month for being a previous Koodo customer.  I am just wondering if anyone knows if I accept the offer, is it considered an add on or will my plan will change?  I originally signed up for 500mb+500mb data, unlimited canada-wide calling, unlimited text for $25.  I notice that the plan isn't offered anymore, so if I accept this offer I don't want the original $25 plan to change if I decide in the future that I'm not using the extra data and want to cancel it.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: 3 gb offer received via text

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lojo1000 wrote:

A couple of weeks ago Public Mobile sent me an offer via text to add 3GB of data to my existing plan for $9/month for being a previous Koodo customer.  I am just wondering if anyone knows if I accept the offer, is it considered an add on or will my plan will change?  I originally signed up for 500mb+500mb data, unlimited canada-wide calling, unlimited text for $25.  I notice that the plan isn't offered anymore, so if I accept this offer I don't want the original $25 plan to change if I decide in the future that I'm not using the extra data and want to cancel it.

I have my suspicions about the legitimacy of this offer and the source of this text message. For one, $9 for 3GB seems much too low.  Further, if you were offered this because you are a former Koodo customer, would it not be Koodo making you an offer to come back?  Why would Public Mobile be offering you something?

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lojo1000 wrote:

@lojo1000 I think this is for newly setup customers. For PM provides a special promotion to new customers porting-in from Bell, Virgin and Lucky Mobile. Charging you $9 per month is just a bonus. If you don't normally using that much, why have to pay more?

Highlighted
Oracle

Highlighted

Yep, that's the one.  What do you think, would it be an add on?  Or would my plan actually change?

I am considering taking the offer because I only signed up for 1GB.... it works for me right now (I am almost always connected to wifi), but next month I am moving into my summer residence where I spend more time outside where the wifi doesn't reach, so I usually end up using more data on my phone... but at the end of the summer I'd like to drop it if I can without affecting my original plan.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@lojo1000 wrote:

Yep, that's the one.  What do you think, would it be an add on?  Or would my plan actually change?

I am considering taking the offer because I only signed up for 1GB.... it works for me right now (I am almost always connected to wifi), but next month I am moving into my summer residence where I spend more time outside where the wifi doesn't reach, so I usually end up using more data on my phone... but at the end of the summer I'd like to drop it if I can without affecting my original plan.

Koodo ♫♫

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lojo1000 wrote:

You stated that you signed up for a $25 500MB+500MB offer.  That is a Public Mobile plan.

The offer you received is for Koodo services.  Koodo offers cannot be applied to Public Mobile plans.

Highlighted

You mean it came from my old Koodo plan?  Geez.... 

Highlighted
Oracle

@lojo1000 wrote:

You mean it came from my old Koodo plan?  Geez.... 

Yes, this was a Koodo offer to add more data onto a Koodo plan.  You are no longer with  that brand.  I suggest you look at the time stamp on the text and compare against the date that you came to Public Mobile.  

Highlighted

It definitely came after the switch.  That's why I thought it was from Public...