cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 gb offer received via text

lojo1000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A couple of weeks ago Public Mobile sent me an offer via text to add 3GB of data to my existing plan for $9/month for being a previous Koodo customer.  I am just wondering if anyone knows if I accept the offer, is it considered an add on or will my plan will change?  I originally signed up for 500mb+500mb data, unlimited canada-wide calling, unlimited text for $25.  I notice that the plan isn't offered anymore, so if I accept this offer I don't want the original $25 plan to change if I decide in the future that I'm not using the extra data and want to cancel it.

11 REPLIES 11

If you would like to never miss any promotion from Public Mobile or any other announcement, follow the instructions here:
How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc.

If you appreciate these instructions, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

@lojo1000 wrote:

It definitely came after the switch.  That's why I thought it was from Public...

I am not going to debate this further.  You are definitely welcome to try and claim this offer with Public Mobile.  The worst that could happen is they say it is not their offer.  If it was, well there would be a lineup of customers looking for the same deal.  

lojo1000

It definitely came after the switch.  That's why I thought it was from Public...

@lojo1000 wrote:

You mean it came from my old Koodo plan?  Geez.... 

Yes, this was a Koodo offer to add more data onto a Koodo plan.  You are no longer with  that brand.  I suggest you look at the time stamp on the text and compare against the date that you came to Public Mobile.  

lojo1000

You mean it came from my old Koodo plan?  Geez.... 

@lojo1000 wrote:

Yep, that's the one.  What do you think, would it be an add on?  Or would my plan actually change?

I am considering taking the offer because I only signed up for 1GB.... it works for me right now (I am almost always connected to wifi), but next month I am moving into my summer residence where I spend more time outside where the wifi doesn't reach, so I usually end up using more data on my phone... but at the end of the summer I'd like to drop it if I can without affecting my original plan.

You stated that you signed up for a $25 500MB+500MB offer.  That is a Public Mobile plan.

The offer you received is for Koodo services.  Koodo offers cannot be applied to Public Mobile plans.

@lojo1000 wrote:

Yep, that's the one.  What do you think, would it be an add on?  Or would my plan actually change?

I am considering taking the offer because I only signed up for 1GB.... it works for me right now (I am almost always connected to wifi), but next month I am moving into my summer residence where I spend more time outside where the wifi doesn't reach, so I usually end up using more data on my phone... but at the end of the summer I'd like to drop it if I can without affecting my original plan.

Koodo ♫♫

lojo1000

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lojo1000 wrote:

A couple of weeks ago Public Mobile sent me an offer via text to add 3GB of data to my existing plan for $9/month for being a previous Koodo customer.  I am just wondering if anyone knows if I accept the offer, is it considered an add on or will my plan will change?  I originally signed up for 500mb+500mb data, unlimited canada-wide calling, unlimited text for $25.  I notice that the plan isn't offered anymore, so if I accept this offer I don't want the original $25 plan to change if I decide in the future that I'm not using the extra data and want to cancel it.

@lojo1000 I think this is for newly setup customers. For PM provides a special promotion to new customers porting-in from Bell, Virgin and Lucky Mobile. Charging you $9 per month is just a bonus. If you don't normally using that much, why have to pay more?

@lojo1000 wrote:

I have my suspicions about the legitimacy of this offer and the source of this text message. For one, $9 for 3GB seems much too low.  Further, if you were offered this because you are a former Koodo customer, would it not be Koodo making you an offer to come back?  Why would Public Mobile be offering you something?

Need Help? Let's chat.