cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 GB data bonus add on promo

montreal501
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm already a Public Mobile customer on the now grandfathered $60 8.5 gb plan with 2 gb US data a month included.

It is a great plan but utterly useless to me at present as I cannot travel and I am at home on Wi-Fi.

If I switch to the 1 GB plan with 3gb add on, can I keep my number if I use a different email address and credit card? I know I will lose my current plan but if the travel with work starts again, I can go with Fizz if Public does not offer a similar US / Canada plan again.

15 REPLIES 15

paula1080
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes i did put in my email first then sign up after.

@paula1080 

@paula1080 wrote:

i sign up yesterday for the new customers flash sale activate on a plan $25/mo or more by June 12 and get a free 3GB one-time data bonus for a limited time* but on my page it says i have 500 mb +500 mb for auto-payment when will i get the 3 gig.

Did you enter your email address to qualify for the promotion first?  Then activated your account afterwards.  

If so, you should get the data add on within a couple of days.

Terms and conditions:

Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied.

@Shannon1976 

@Shannon1976 wrote:

That is a horrible deal?

This is a time limited activation promotion.  Not the greatest deal for certain.  However, it is better than nothing.  There are other past promotions where PM will give new customers 2nd month free credit.  That is more popular.  

paula1080

i sign up yesterday for the new customers flash sale activate on a plan $25/mo or more by June 12 and get a free 3GB one-time data bonus for a limited time* but on my page it says i have 500 mb +500 mb for auto-payment when will i get the 3 gig.

Shannon1976

That is a horrible deal?

@Shannon1976 wrote:

I just signed up with Koodo yesterday but this 3 gigs seems good? So am I understanding right that once the 3 gigs are used up that's it? It doesn't renew?

@Shannon1976 

Correct.  Once the 3 GB is used up, the add on expires.  It does not renew monthly.

Shannon1976

I just signed up with Koodo yesterday but this 3 gigs seems good? So am I understanding right that once the 3 gigs are used up that's it? It doesn't renew?

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@montreal501 

@montreal501 wrote:

I'm already a Public Mobile customer on the now grandfathered $60 8.5 gb plan with 2 gb US data a month included.

It is a great plan but utterly useless to me at present as I cannot travel and I am at home on Wi-Fi.

If I switch to the 1 GB plan with 3gb add on, can I keep my number if I use a different email address and credit card? I know I will lose my current plan but if the travel with work starts again, I can go with Fizz if Public does not offer a similar US / Canada plan again.

Keep in mind that the 3gb add on, is a one-time offer, meaning you are not getting 4 gb every month 1+3, the 3gb add on is used after you use up your 1 gb, and you have 3gb that never expire, that you use after run out 1gb of data month.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@montreal501 wrote:

Cool, thanks for the info. I will port out to a lucky or chat base plan and port back in.

I'm really happy with the Public Mobile service but paying for something I cannot make use of just to keep the plan cannot be justified.

As the plan I'm on is no longer available, I will move elsewhere when the travel restrictions are lifted or hopefully, Public will allow people who had the US / Canada plan to take again given the special circumstances. I hope for the latter as the service is awesome so far.

You have 90 days to decide whether you want to reactivated again unless you want your phone number moved to your new PM account ASAP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@montreal501 wrote:

Cool, thanks for the info. I will port out to a lucky or chat base plan and port back in.

I'm really happy with the Public Mobile service but paying for something I cannot make use of just to keep the plan cannot be justified.

As the plan I'm on is no longer available, I will move elsewhere when the travel restrictions are lifted or hopefully, Public will allow people who had the US / Canada plan to take again given the special circumstances. I hope for the latter as the service is awesome so far.

Then see ya later 🙂 That's the way of grandfathered plans..change out...gone...no going back. But hey y'never know.

montreal501
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@popping 

I second your suggestion

@montreal501 

Lots of people are waiting for that plan 

Who is original number provider?

If it is public mobile you can just release it and try to get it with then new account.

Your old account with a new temporary number would be even more precious with another referral.

You have 90 days (current situation is temporary and maybe you will have use for it, if you see you will not pass it on, many would be more than happy to grab the opportunity and you may be able to score couple of bucks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@montreal501 

The 3GB add-on promo is for new activation only.  You can activate a new account and stop paying your $60 US plan.  Your old account will be suspended without payment.  You have 90 days to change your mind to pay $60 and reactivate your $60 plan.

You $60 plan is in great demand.  You can sell your plan to someone to take over your account. You cannot keep your phone number because as soon as you port your number out, your $46 plan will be canceled.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@montreal501 hi no sorry you cannot transfer number between accounts or to a new Public account

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No @montreal501 PM doesn't allow porting between accounts. The only way to do that would be to port your number out, which closes the old account and port it back in when you activate the new account. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.