cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: 2nd month free with email registration

This is what mods say: "As it is written there, in the link you sent me, this offer was available only for the online activationsActivate on any plan $25/mo or higher and get your next 30 days for $0 online only*. So, even if I would really like to help you with this, because I do understand that you activated with all the best intentions, I am not able to modify this, the promo is automatically applied on the online activate accounts, there is nothing that we can do manually

Don't worry, another great offers are on their way, I am sure you will catch a good one soon."

Do they have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old???? How many times do I have to say I activated ONLINE!!! Or are they purposely playing dumb to find another excuse to deny credit?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V

@Alan_K

This is just all kinds of wrong. This customer seems to have complied with the terms yet he's being denied the promo for non-existent reasons.

Maybe tagging you will get somewhere.

Maybe he could have used a little more honey from the start but still. He can certainly do with less bashing but still.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bill888 wrote:

Complete sham of a company! Mods sent me this link to the promo: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FLASH-SALE-TILL-MAY-22ND/td-p/538528

Nowhere does it say Sim card must be bought online from PM.

That's becasue it doesn't need to be.

Highlighted

Well they finally applied the credit manually after giving me the run-around for 10 days since my plan expired. Not that it does me any good because I had to pick up a lucky mobile Sim card to maintain service and don't plan on going back to pm. A pyrrhic victory, but it's the principle that matters when fighting these corrupt companies... Lesson learned- never fall for any PM promo. They're all fake!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Bill888 wrote:

Well they finally applied the credit after giving me the run-around for 10 days since my plan expired. Not that it does me any good because I had to pick up a lucky mobile Sim card to maintain service and don't plan on going back to pm. A pyrrhic victory, but it's the principle that matters when fighting these corrupt companies... Lesson learned- never fall for any PM scam

So they fix it for you but they're corrupt and it was a scam. I see.

All along, you could've topped up with a voucher or a prepaid "credit" card and had service until you got the credit sorted out. But that didn't seem to be an option for you. I see.

Funny...I'm still enjoying my 5GB promo from about a year ago. Some fake.

Highlighted

I make it a policy to not reward companies that scam me with more money. Why would I pay pm for another month with no guarantee they would even honor their own promo? That's just rewarding crooks.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Bill888 wrote:

I make it a policy to not reward companies that scam me with more money. Why would I pay pm for another month with no guarantee they would even honor their own promo? That's just rewarding crooks.

As you wish.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bill888 wrote:

Well they finally applied the credit manually after giving me the run-around for 10 days since my plan expired. Not that it does me any good because I had to pick up a lucky mobile Sim card to maintain service and don't plan on going back to pm. A pyrrhic victory, but it's the principle that matters when fighting these corrupt companies... Lesson learned- never fall for any PM promo. They're all fake!

The promotion was very much real, as have many others been. I agree that you shouldn't have gone through this, but that doesn't make the promo "fake". As for the moderators, you were given some incorrect answers, but remember that people are human and do make mistakes. I understand not wanting to pay again to renew your plan if not happy with the customer service, and while the 10 day wait is definitely unacceptable, you would have eventually received the advertised free 30 days.