cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd month free with email registration

james1812
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone have a screenshot for the 2nd month free promotion in May where you had to register your email first? I did so but still haven't received any credit for the 2nd month yet. Have a feeling I'll have to fight with PM to get it.

27 REPLIES 27

@Bill888 wrote:

Well they finally applied the credit manually after giving me the run-around for 10 days since my plan expired. Not that it does me any good because I had to pick up a lucky mobile Sim card to maintain service and don't plan on going back to pm. A pyrrhic victory, but it's the principle that matters when fighting these corrupt companies... Lesson learned- never fall for any PM promo. They're all fake!

The promotion was very much real, as have many others been. I agree that you shouldn't have gone through this, but that doesn't make the promo "fake". As for the moderators, you were given some incorrect answers, but remember that people are human and do make mistakes. I understand not wanting to pay again to renew your plan if not happy with the customer service, and while the 10 day wait is definitely unacceptable, you would have eventually received the advertised free 30 days. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bill888 wrote:

I make it a policy to not reward companies that scam me with more money. Why would I pay pm for another month with no guarantee they would even honor their own promo? That's just rewarding crooks.

As you wish.

Bill888

I make it a policy to not reward companies that scam me with more money. Why would I pay pm for another month with no guarantee they would even honor their own promo? That's just rewarding crooks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bill888 wrote:

Well they finally applied the credit after giving me the run-around for 10 days since my plan expired. Not that it does me any good because I had to pick up a lucky mobile Sim card to maintain service and don't plan on going back to pm. A pyrrhic victory, but it's the principle that matters when fighting these corrupt companies... Lesson learned- never fall for any PM scam

So they fix it for you but they're corrupt and it was a scam. I see.

All along, you could've topped up with a voucher or a prepaid "credit" card and had service until you got the credit sorted out. But that didn't seem to be an option for you. I see.

Funny...I'm still enjoying my 5GB promo from about a year ago. Some fake.

Bill888

Well they finally applied the credit manually after giving me the run-around for 10 days since my plan expired. Not that it does me any good because I had to pick up a lucky mobile Sim card to maintain service and don't plan on going back to pm. A pyrrhic victory, but it's the principle that matters when fighting these corrupt companies... Lesson learned- never fall for any PM promo. They're all fake!

@Bill888 wrote:

Complete sham of a company! Mods sent me this link to the promo: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FLASH-SALE-TILL-MAY-22ND/td-p/538528

Nowhere does it say Sim card must be bought online from PM.

That's becasue it doesn't need to be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tiana_V

@Alan_K

This is just all kinds of wrong. This customer seems to have complied with the terms yet he's being denied the promo for non-existent reasons.

Maybe tagging you will get somewhere.

Maybe he could have used a little more honey from the start but still. He can certainly do with less bashing but still.

Bill888

This is what mods say: "As it is written there, in the link you sent me, this offer was available only for the online activationsActivate on any plan $25/mo or higher and get your next 30 days for $0 online only*. So, even if I would really like to help you with this, because I do understand that you activated with all the best intentions, I am not able to modify this, the promo is automatically applied on the online activate accounts, there is nothing that we can do manually

Don't worry, another great offers are on their way, I am sure you will catch a good one soon."

Do they have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old???? How many times do I have to say I activated ONLINE!!! Or are they purposely playing dumb to find another excuse to deny credit?

Bill888

Same old broken record from mods: you didn't activate online, blah blah blah. How many times do I have to say I activated online? 

Stay away from this hellhole of a company!

Bill888

Complete sham of a company! Mods sent me this link to the promo: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FLASH-SALE-TILL-MAY-22ND/td-p/538528

Nowhere does it say Sim card must be bought online from PM.

Great business practice! Make up terms on the go after the fact to steal from your customers!

@Bill888 

Ask for the moderator to check again or ask for a different moderator.  For this promotion, it does not matter where you got the sim card from but only that you performed an online activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

iirc it said online. Is that only PM? Or what about cellsupplies whatsit?

@Bill888

Wow, Public mobile is being picky with your situation.  It is just easier to give you the credit and have goodwill.  

I am pretty sure that there was no condition that you needed to buy SIM card from Public mobile.  Just need to sign up the email address and activate by the time period.  

I don't have the complete terms and conditions though.

Here was part of the conditions:

Activate on any plan $25/mo or higher and get your next 30 days for $0 online only*. Activate by May 22nd using the email address submitted below to receive this offer.
Need to submit email address between May 5-7, 2020 and then activate online before May 22.

Bill888

they denied it because I didn't buy the Sim card online but used one bought in store (activated at home, not in store). They claim buying the Sim card online was a condition for the promo. I do not at all recall that being a condition. It was only registering your email from may 5-7 and activating with same email. Did not say Sim card had to be bought online. Does anyone have the original promo terms? Feels like PM is making up terms on the go to suit their purposes. My mistake for not saving every single screenshot and terms to deal with this corrupt company.

I imagine that if you peruse the Announcements forum you'll find the promo you're describing, along with any conditions or limitations attached to it. And you'll find plenty of feedback from the PM Community, people who did get the promo, people who didn't get the promo.

I'm guessing it's a simple mistake (administrative error) or it's not a mistake (because you somehow didn't meet the promo criteria), but it's not a scam.

You can challenge them to a "fight" if you like, but I suspect in this instance you'll get more cooperation and better results by just asking nicely.

Bill888

Mod wants screenshot of confirmation email to prove I applied. They never sent an email to begin with! WARNING TO ALL: do not fall for any of these fake PM email registration promos!

Bill888

Can someone confirm if they ever received a confirmation email when they registered for the promo? Earlier post said no. PM is using this excuse to not give me my credit

Bill888

PM get your act together! Mod saying you should have received confirmation email after registering your email. Great excuse to deny everyone credits right? Don't send any confirmation then say you need a confirmation to be eligible for the credit... How convenient

@james1812@Bill888 this is not a scam if you met the criteria and still haven't received your credit before renewel than something went wrong IT HAPPENS so if you haven't done so already simply click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention prom not credited    check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Bill888

Yeah be careful. Never got my credit either. Moderator kept saying wait until your last day of the month and the credit will come, but it never did and my plan expired. Not falling for these fake bait and switch promos anymore

james1812

Complete scam. Email was exactly the same and no credit.

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@james1812 

To add to what @zblackma said:

The email you used in registering for the promotion has to be the same as the email you used in activating your PM account.  I wonder if the emails here are case-sensitive.

It was my experience that my first community reward did not get credited properly because the email was all CAPS in my phone account while the email in my community account was in all lower-case letters. I had to contact the Moderated Team to change my account email to be EXACTLY the same for subsequent credits to happen. Not sure if it is the same case here for you, but it's worth looking at.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@james1812  to add to what @computergeek541 said, you had to activate your account with the same email that you registered with.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@james1812, Public Mobile has nothing to gain if it's a scam. The negative publicity is not on any company's agenda! Unless that is their intention. Trust us, over 100,000 of us, and I have no clue how many users there are is, but I do know just the community forum itself as over 1000 people. Some of them have been with Public Mobile since the beginning, and I have been with Public Mobile coming 3 years. If there was a scam, I wouldn't be here. 

As the other person stated, I think it was @computergeek541, who suggested to open a moderator ticket. This is the fastest way to get them to process your ticket. 

Be advised, the main reason you may think this is a scam because Public Mobile is mainly an online service store. Initially, there are no face-to-face retail stores like Bell, Rogers, Telus, Fido, Chattr, Freedom, Virgin, and so on. That was their niche. Plus, that's probably the main reason I switched from Fido to Public Mobile, as the people at Fido, didn't know jack. And that the rewards were much better than all the companies combined! 

Maybe, the last year, small kiosks in the mall have been popping up, which is kinda cool to see, to be honest with you.

public-mobile-kiosks-header.jpg

Send a ticket in through our great SIMon online, and the first round of staff on the east coast should be touching base with you first thing in the morning. Do pay attention to the top right corner for email notification and respond asap! 

I don't beleive any e-mail confirmations were ever sent out. This promotion is known about by enough people that you shouldn't encounter any problems.

I would go ahead and proceed to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat to open a ticket.

james1812

Yep met all those criteria. My renewal is up in 2 days and still no credit. Is this a scam by pm? There was no confirmation to my email of any sort after i registered it initially

@james1812 wrote:

Does anyone have a screenshot for the 2nd month free promotion in May where you had to register your email first? I did so but still haven't received any credit for the 2nd month yet. Have a feeling I'll have to fight with PM to get it.

I don't have a screenshot, but I do have the details.

E-mail address registration was from May 5 to 7th and online activation had to occur by May 22nd.

The plan had to be $25 or more and an account credit would be issued by the time of your renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.