cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

2nd month free with email registration

Does anyone have a screenshot for the 2nd month free promotion in May where you had to register your email first? I did so but still haven't received any credit for the 2nd month yet. Have a feeling I'll have to fight with PM to get it.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: 2nd month free with email registration

I don't beleive any e-mail confirmations were ever sent out. This promotion is known about by enough people that you shouldn't encounter any problems.

I would go ahead and proceed to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat to open a ticket.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

@james1812 wrote:

Does anyone have a screenshot for the 2nd month free promotion in May where you had to register your email first? I did so but still haven't received any credit for the 2nd month yet. Have a feeling I'll have to fight with PM to get it.

I don't have a screenshot, but I do have the details.

E-mail address registration was from May 5 to 7th and online activation had to occur by May 22nd.

The plan had to be $25 or more and an account credit would be issued by the time of your renewal.

Highlighted

Yep met all those criteria. My renewal is up in 2 days and still no credit. Is this a scam by pm? There was no confirmation to my email of any sort after i registered it initially

Highlighted

I don't beleive any e-mail confirmations were ever sent out. This promotion is known about by enough people that you shouldn't encounter any problems.

I would go ahead and proceed to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat to open a ticket.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@james1812, Public Mobile has nothing to gain if it's a scam. The negative publicity is not on any company's agenda! Unless that is their intention. Trust us, over 100,000 of us, and I have no clue how many users there are is, but I do know just the community forum itself as over 1000 people. Some of them have been with Public Mobile since the beginning, and I have been with Public Mobile coming 3 years. If there was a scam, I wouldn't be here. 

As the other person stated, I think it was @computergeek541, who suggested to open a moderator ticket. This is the fastest way to get them to process your ticket. 

Be advised, the main reason you may think this is a scam because Public Mobile is mainly an online service store. Initially, there are no face-to-face retail stores like Bell, Rogers, Telus, Fido, Chattr, Freedom, Virgin, and so on. That was their niche. Plus, that's probably the main reason I switched from Fido to Public Mobile, as the people at Fido, didn't know jack. And that the rewards were much better than all the companies combined! 

Maybe, the last year, small kiosks in the mall have been popping up, which is kinda cool to see, to be honest with you.

public-mobile-kiosks-header.jpg

Send a ticket in through our great SIMon online, and the first round of staff on the east coast should be touching base with you first thing in the morning. Do pay attention to the top right corner for email notification and respond asap! 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@james1812  to add to what @computergeek541 said, you had to activate your account with the same email that you registered with.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@james1812 

To add to what @zblackma said:

The email you used in registering for the promotion has to be the same as the email you used in activating your PM account.  I wonder if the emails here are case-sensitive.

It was my experience that my first community reward did not get credited properly because the email was all CAPS in my phone account while the email in my community account was in all lower-case letters. I had to contact the Moderated Team to change my account email to be EXACTLY the same for subsequent credits to happen. Not sure if it is the same case here for you, but it's worth looking at.

Highlighted

Complete scam. Email was exactly the same and no credit.

Highlighted

Yeah be careful. Never got my credit either. Moderator kept saying wait until your last day of the month and the credit will come, but it never did and my plan expired. Not falling for these fake bait and switch promos anymore

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@james1812@Bill888 this is not a scam if you met the criteria and still haven't received your credit before renewel than something went wrong IT HAPPENS so if you haven't done so already simply click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator mention prom not credited    check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours