cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd month free ripped off /wrong

Drizzy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok so i went to walmart and got a free sim card and supposed to give me a credit for the 2nd month free . I chose the 40$ unlimited talk and text with  4.5 gb of 3g data. I just checked and it put a credit of 10$ on the account . I I looked at my plan details and from my best guess they have it listed as a 10$ plan with a 30$ data add on so they trying to say its a 10$ plan . No its not i selected a plan that was created by public mobile and the promotion said 2nd month free please look into this 

30 REPLIES 30

Bcde4321

Another mod finally applied the credit manually. It's insane PM can't get their act together and honor their promotions properly without the customer going thru all this trouble.

Drizzy

Yes i realise that you guys cant do anything and waiting days in between mod responses is crazy but i guess that's why they are giving away cheap plans less overhead. However they really should have better online customer service. I will be very upset if they dont honor the promotion i was in December i did it on store i followed EVERY guideline for the promotion so there is no reason that i shouldn't get it.  Also they credited 10$ i didntnget referd i dont have a clue what that's about. However I am going to keep cool mabye they read it wrong.  They had to because it was done at walmart i passed him my phone. Picked a number a pin and password and after he did it all in his computer he put my sim card in and handed back phone hooked up. To make the best of it   walmart.close to me was sold out of sims so i had to drive to far one . I was watching the worker serve person in front of me and he was clearly very sick with the flu . Coughing and handling the phone. So i tried to keep my.phone and put sim in myself but he insisted . I ended up dieing sick with flu for new years. All because of the promotion ahaha

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Drizzy wrote:

The only reason i even went with pm. 

More proof that these promotions work I guess, eh?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Drizzy

Unfortunately you'll have to keep trying and waiting with the mods...nothing anyone here can do..hopefully you get sorted out...post your end results when it happens..

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Drizzy wrote:

This is crazy tho o  The only reason i even went with pm. This is crazy. I went to walmart and waited for an hr and spent 40 mins with the worker while he set up and activated my account. I only did the in store activation so i could get the free sim card and the free 30 days. I have a big printup from the store showing all the details. How can you say that i am not gonna be getting the promotion. I did everything in the store he took my phone . Asked me to pick a pin a password and phone number . Asked if i was paying credit card i said cash and he took a voucher down he did it all even put the sim card in my phone. He handed me my phone back activated. Im very very upset about this because i only did the in store activation and switched to public mobile because of the promotion. So you need to look into this more. The only account i made myself was this community forum one. EVERY thing else was done at walmart by the worker

@DrizzyDon't panic. Respond admirably suggesting there may be a mixup and include said big printout from Wal~Mart. Sometimes simple and straight to the point is best.

Bcde4321

Wouldn't hold your breath with this scam of a company

Drizzy

This is crazy tho o  The only reason i even went with pm. This is crazy. I went to walmart and waited for an hr and spent 40 mins with the worker while he set up and activated my account. I only did the in store activation so i could get the free sim card and the free 30 days. I have a big printup from the store showing all the details. How can you say that i am not gonna be getting the promotion. I did everything in the store he took my phone . Asked me to pick a pin a password and phone number . Asked if i was paying credit card i said cash and he took a voucher down he did it all even put the sim card in my phone. He handed me my phone back activated. Im very very upset about this because i only did the in store activation and switched to public mobile because of the promotion. So you need to look into this more. The only account i made myself was this community forum one. EVERY thing else was done at walmart by the worker

Jessica_T

@Drizzy wrote:

Ok this is crazy mods replied and said i dont get it because i activated myself which is false i spent over an hr in walmart and got the guy to do it JUST TO GET THE FREE SIM AND 30 DAYS. I did it in the store and they are saying i didn't wtf

@DrizzyDon't panic. Respond admirably saying there might be a mixup while including the original invoice or payment receipt from Wal~Mart

Bcde4321

@Drizzy wrote:

Ok this is crazy mods replied and said i dont get it because i activated myself which is false i spent over an hr in walmart and got the guy to do it JUST TO GET THE FREE SIM AND 30 DAYS. I did it in the store and they are saying i didn't wtf

Totally not surprising! Avoid PM - bunch of complete liars! Mods are just ignoring me now. Somebody should launch a class action lawsuit for false advertising.

Drizzy

Drizzy

And regardless i activated in the store in December well within the promotion.  I have the 40$ plan. They credited a 10$ credit.  Which is not the right amount. Walmart confirmed that i would be getting the 2nd 30 days free as well 

Bcde4321

Awesome thanks

Drizzy

I have the screen shot of the promotion because i texted a few people i knew letting them know about itScreenshot_20181229-185803.png

Bcde4321

No, mods have already said I'm not eligible for promo. So the burden of proof is on me. They've gone silent since.

This is absolutely ridiculous!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bcde4321 wrote:
even mentioned here as Jan 1 expiry: https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-december-sale-30-days-free/

I'd say your iphoneincanada is your evidence. That's a screenshot itself of the promo page.

I think you're right. I think they all expired 1/1 23:59.

But Carld123 does show that the credit would appear within 30 days and before your renewal. I'd hold on to those horses.

Then again, one of the first few posts appeared to have made a copy of the OP and it also has 12/31. So maybe you need to ask for some goodwill as it's a bit of confusing messaging. Would somebody have bothered to edit all quoted posts thereafter? I kinda doubt it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bcde4321 wrote:

the point is the customer shouldn't have to go thru all this rigamarole to "prove" something they're entitled to. Is PM known for these screwups?

I wouldn't say screw ups. 

Long wait times for moderator response - Yes. 

Moderators trying to do right by their customers - Yes.

Bcde4321

the point is the customer shouldn't have to go thru all this rigamarole to "prove" something they're entitled to. Is PM known for these screwups?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bcde4321, If you have published proof from the Public Mobile web site(seems that you do), then go back to the moderators with it.  I'm confident that once they verify it, you will have some sort of satisfactory resolution.

Bcde4321

Bcde4321

found this french version under google cache, so I'm definitely not imagining things:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:IfRWqy2cqJwJ:https://publicmobile.ca/fr/on/plan...

PM - get your act together!

Bcde4321

No this was posted on the publicmobile.ca home page. Not community.

Expiry was clearly Jan 1.

In fact it's alluded to on redflagdeals:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-december-sale-free-sim-second-month-free-store-only-en...

I guess we can't trust PM with honouring any of their ads. Just remove the ad and pretend it doesn't exist? What a total scam.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Bcde4321 wrote:

As predicted, mods are now saying the next 30day free promo didn't exist and want the web page to prove it. Total scam!

I remember clearly the expiry was on Jan 1 at 11:59pm on the home page ad. Of course that page is now conveniently removed.

Does anyone have a copy of it?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-your-next-30-days-of-service-...

Promo ends 31 Dec 2018.

shartomjam

@Bcde4321 wrote:

As predicted, mods are now saying the next 30day free promo didn't exist and want the web page to prove it. Total scam!

I remember clearly the expiry was on Jan 1 at 11:59pm on the home page ad. Of course that page is now conveniently removed.

@Bcde4321 @Drizzy If you look under Announcements, this promo is listed there.  The end date for this particular promo was Dec. 31 not Jan. 1.  There was another promo that ended on Jan. 1 but it was for online (not in store) activation only.

Bcde4321

@Drizzy

You signed up for the right promo.  On your payment page, PM always splits up the plans into different categories for billing purposes.  You did get a friend referral for $10 (which usually happens within 72 hours).  The 2nd month free normally also happens within 72 hours, but I guess with the most recent 2nd month free promo, it is within 30 days.  You can contact moderator afterwards if you have not received it.  

It will likely not show up for at least a few more days. They usually check accounts and add all rebates between the 1st and 6th of every month. If it's not there in a few days you should send a private message to a moderator and get them to look into it.

Carld123

@Bcde4321 wrote:

Did anyone who activated in store on jan1 get the next 30 credit yet? I did and and no credit! I remember the community post said the deadline was Dec31, but the home page clearly said deadline jan1. They better not screw me over this! They've removed the home page promo post so technically I can't prove the deadline of jan1 on the home page. Anyone have a screenshot of that page?

@Bcde4321

You will recieve it before your first renewal.....Screenshot_2018-12-30-05-17-05.png

Bcde4321

Did anyone who activated in store on jan1 get the next 30 credit yet? I did and and no credit! I remember the community post said the deadline was Dec31, but the home page clearly said deadline jan1. They better not screw me over this! They've removed the home page promo post so technically I can't prove the deadline of jan1 on the home page. Anyone have a screenshot of that page?

Carld123

@Drizzy wrote:

Ok so i went to walmart and got a free sim card and supposed to give me a credit for the 2nd month free . I chose the 40$ unlimited talk and text with  4.5 gb of 3g data. I just checked and it put a credit of 10$ on the account . I I looked at my plan details and from my best guess they have it listed as a 10$ plan with a 30$ data add on so they trying to say its a 10$ plan . No its not i selected a plan that was created by public mobile and the promotion said 2nd month free please look into this

@Drizzy

Im sure youre on the 40$ plan the payment section makes it look confusing....first off did you get referred to Pm?..this could be the 10$ you see..as for second month free you will see that before your renewal date..when did you activate?

@Drizzy wrote:

The only people here who can help you with such an issue are the moderators who are Public Mobile employees. Please send them a private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.