cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2UV2 All Circuits Are Busy

croftrandle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am getting a "2UV2 All Circuits Are Busy" message when calling a toll free number in Kelowna, BC. I can make local (Campbell River, BC) calls and just called a LD number and both went through fine so I know it is not my phone. Just putting it out there, I suspect it will clear up.

13 REPLIES 13

pd154

Yes, I don't think anyone is thinking it is anything but overloaded circuits. I am saying that in a situation where there is a bit more than usual traffic it is overloaded, when there is an emergency situation, nothing will work.

Circuit overload. No telephone network has ever been built that is capable of letting 100% of users be on the voice network at the same time. 8 to 10% of customers originating calls  at once was pretty typical in the latter half of the last century. I’m not sure that those numbers have increased at all because voice traffic overall is likely dropping.

AE_Collector

pd154

Imagine what traffic would be in a real emergency? What happens then?

pd154

What happens when we have an emergency?

pd154

I've never had it on home (Shaw) phone. But have it every second time I try to use my phone in S. Surrey and S.Langley area.  ( Other spots also). Obviously oversold for the amount of circuit infrastructure available. Good thing we don't have an actual emergency like earthquake.

Mreekster

Give us wifi calling like the other Telus brands. it is a safety issue 
http://vancouversun.com/news/telus-mobilitys-network-struggling-with-jump-in-b-c-cellphone-use

All three are struggling with traffic to some extent. Apparently handing off to other carriers is creating the most congestion problems as compared to calls handled within a single carriers network. They all say they are doing what they can to lessen the problems but traffic is up between 20-60%.

AE_Collector

at416
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is happening with all carriers (including landline).

Congestion in the toll free number routing is the culprit.

Just have to wait it out and keep trying.

@gblackma it's a capacity issue, nothing to do with maintenance.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@croftrandle It's a combination of the ongoing maintenance and an uptick in usage since almost everyone is now home with nothing to do. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@croftrandle Yeah, faced this yesterday. Was fixed itself after several mins.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Phone lines / towers are light up with everyone calling relatives due to COVID-19.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Happening last few days,  just hang up and try again, eventually it will go through.

At least many are following the social distancing 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.