cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2UT2 all circuits are busy

boakie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been trying to call Lindsay On and keep getting "2UT2 all circuits are busy." I can call other people and receive calls. Not sure what is going on. Is it a coverage issue? Any assistance would be appreciated.

27 REPLIES 27

L4s4gne
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you send an message at an moderator, me I did and we are in contact since 2-3 days ago

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Me too again....my other roommate keeps complaining that the internet is too slow for his player guy to beat other guys on his game. I guess with everybody home their either on the phone or the internet. I'm on here and I hardly ever come on here.

L4s4gne

Dunno but mobiles networks got problems in UK, so maybe we have same situation here https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8120983/O2-leaving-thousands-British-workers-struggl...

jor123

I thought first this may be a local tower congestion issue but obviously it is pretty widespread. Would voice over LTE / packet switched voice make any difference here?

L4s4gne

I have same problem and I am in Montreal

jor123

Happening again today for me. Has Telus done anything to increase their intercarrier voice capacity?

carlaspapa

I got this message all morning yesterday. I sent my boss a text after awhile and he was able to phone  me.

threads merged

jor123

I don't think Whatsapp is really a solution for this sort of case. Employers and health authorities aren't going to necessary want voice calls or SMS to take place on some other service they can't monitor either.

Never thought of that.... can we collect EI if fired from this job!? Think of the raise in pay that would be!!

AE_Collector

@boakie wrote:

Just so you know I am well aware there is a pandemic happening. I am a frontline worker in health care and need my phone. In my opinion your response is a insensitive one as well as sarcastic.

Insensitive? Maybe..... a tiny bit, in an attempt to point out something that, given that you're in health care, should be obvious. Sarcastic? Yes, it was, in an effort to get you to see the answer that's RIGHT in front of you.

I will look at a way to report you in regards to the response to my post. I keep all communication for my records. 

Well, good luck with that - those of us that spend time on these forums are just like you, i.e. PM customers, that try to help others out with their cell service issues. Are you going to attempt to get @Jb456  fired? 🙄 

You've been given the reason for the "all circuits busy" message, which has been a topic around here for the last few days, and you've been given some alternatives to try, so until the cell companies increase capacity, all you can do, is either keep trying your call(s), or use one of the alternatives.

Networks of any type can handle so much activity. Cell network activity has been reported to be up by 20-60% last week. This is the simple reason for problems on cell networks recently. Well reported in news articles. Providers are doing what they can to beef up their networks but only so much is possible in the short term. During WW2 there were constant campaigns asking that you stay off the phone or at least limit your time on the phone to aid the war effort. This may happen again if things get worse. Complaining and threatening to change providers does no good. We are lucky that we have the Telus network behind our cell service!

AE_Collector

We appreciate the fact that you are a front line worker @boakie , keep yourself safe. if you do contact the moderators. Please keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there. 

@boakie  It's a public forum.

You asked a question and were provided with an answer. You then suggested you will leave Public Mobile and continued with CRTC / BBB when a third party app was suggested to alleviate your issues and many of our issues.

I know many on the front line and there using WhatsApp to keep in instant contact with one another.

If you do find another provider with no issues with "all circuit busy" be sure to let us know. 

boakie

I will try some of these but in my opinion it is a isuue for a moderator as they had to fix it the last time. I really feel I should not have to pay for a fix even if it is only a dollar. I appreciate your time and patience and possible solutions. Can't say the same for another member offering assistance 

boakie

Just so you know I am well aware there is a pandemic happening. I am a frontline worker in health care and need my phone. In my opinion your response is a insensitive one as well as sarcastic. I hope you never need a frontline worker or have a family member that gets sick that you can't call.  I will look at a way to report you in regards to the response to my post. I keep all communication for my records. 

@boakie You can try these tricks to reset phone
You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

Please try your call after each on. If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Not like a pandemic is taking place or anything lol. It's happening, regardless of what provider you're with. Even landlines. 

Happy hunting for another provider. 👍

boakie

Why should I have to use a add on when I pay for a service that shows it as being in a public. Mobile coverage area. Maybe BBB and CRTC should be made aware that when a service you are paying for does not work you are being told you need a add on or third party program

boakie

Unfortunately this is just a canned response. I had the same issue with a number in Lindsey last month and a moderator had to escale it up and it took 72 hrs to fix. So I have shut my phone down. Tried calling from my phone and another phone. So any other solutions or do I look at leaving public mobile? 

@boakie  there is a capacity problem. Please try to make your call again. Also, try adding a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi to make/receive/ send  calls and texts for free in Canada and to the US. They don't seem to be having this problem.

The message "all circuits are busy" on a phone means that all available connections in that phone network are being used.   A given network has a limited number of switches used to place calls, and when this number is exceeded, additional calls can only go through once others complete. Typically, all circuits are only full during emergencies when an abnormally large number of people in the same area try to make calls simultaneously. Phone companies try to maintain more circuits than registered phones to prevent circuit traffic, however sometimes they still become overloaded. When receiving this message when making a call, wait briefly, then retry the call.

boakie

This seems to be a a real problem with Public Mobile. I am trying to call a  business number in Barrhaven Ont and  get this message. I could call it a year ago and now I can't. What up with that? 🙁

boakie

Still not resolved. Have been calling non stop and still not resolved

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@boakie wrote:

I have been trying to call Lindsay On and keep getting "2UT2 all circuits are busy." I can call other people and receive calls. Not sure what is going on. Is it a coverage issue? Any assistance would be appreciated.

@boakie It happened to me as well, but was fixed itself after around 30 mins.

boakie

Thanks. Sent off a request

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

According to older threads you will need moderators assistance for this issue.

Simon.JPG

Or contact moderators via private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.