cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2UT1/2UT2 - All Circuits Are busy

wchu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been getting this error several times per day, every day for a few weeks now in my area of East Vancouver. This is happening to everyone in my household with a PM service. I've never had this problem prior to in recent weeks. I can't imagine if I needed to call for an emergency but I keep getting this error message.

This is unacceptable. I would like a partial refund for the lack of service. What's going on?

19 REPLIES 19

ctibbles

I think you're right. Wi-Fi/internet  is separate from cell phones... but because we're at home, both are affected... but one isn't causing the other, they both stem from the same problem. A lot of people working from home - both clogging up the internet service providers AND the connect points between carriers/ cell phones. 

Good question though - I had to think about that for a sec - you're right, it seems counter intuitive!

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

One thing I don't get, people are home more using more internet to work from home, sure... But why would *that* impact cell service? Wi-Fi from cable and dsl structures is a totally different system is it not?

Core, or backbone, networks tend to be shared as and where possible.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hmm I  bet that's why I could hear my mom crystal clear the other day but had issues with my couple 1800 calls yesterday... Just hoping it's not a regular thing having just signed up. I didn't want to sound dumb and keep asking for repetitions so I pieced together what they were saying best I could.... 😕

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

So then why not open up 4g to all callers in light of what's going on? To help widen circuit availability? Just curious... 

Because the congestion is at the carrier interconnect points. It's nothing to do with the airwaves...

You can probably call other Telus Mobility / Koodoo / Public Moible customers all day with 0 issues. It's when you call someone using another carrier like Shaw, Rogers, Bell, etc when you are likely to run into issues.

Pawprints1986

So then why not open up 4g to all callers in light of what's going on? To help widen circuit availability? Just curious... 

From https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages?INTCMP=VAN_status

Active Outage

Intermittent voice network degradation

Start Time: March 17, 7:15 AM

Last Updated: March 31, 2:29 PM

Impacted Services

Home Phone

Mobile - Voice

Cause

Network Congestion

Details

Intermittent national congestion experienced across all voice networks may result in being unable to make or receive calls on your mobile device or landline. All carriers are demonstrating intense partnership to provide Canadians the ability to remain connected during high call volume periods.

Latest Update March 31, 2:29 PM:

During these extraordinary times, our teams are proactively monitoring traffic and performance, optimizing and augmenting capacity as required across our urban and rural service areas throughout Canada. Our networks and services, including Internet and Mobility, have been performing well despite increases in usage and volume. Given the unprecedented volume of mass-calling events and new 1-800 numbers being setup through government agencies to help Canadians through the crisis, we are also working with all operators to address the increased congestion between networks and increase the capacity of the interconnection facilities.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Well I get the congestion more so right now for sure, I don't have a land line either... But people sound like more people using cable or dsl internet to work from home is effecting cell use, but I don't think it should?

PM uses 3G signal for voice calls only.  Telus only let Koodo and Telus subscribers to use VoLTE for voice calls.

Pawprints1986

Well I get the congestion more so right now for sure, I don't have a land line either... But people sound like more people using cable or dsl internet to work from home is effecting cell use, but I don't think it should?

popping

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

One thing I don't get, people are home more using more internet to work from home, sure... But why would *that* impact cell service? Wi-Fi from cable and dsl structures is a totally different system is it not?

The millennial generation don't install landline at home and use mobile phone for voice calls.

My daughter is working at home.  She had conference calls with co-workers working at home all the time during business hours.  She may tie up more than 1 mobile line depending on how many participants are on the conference call.  Since our government closed and ask all businesses to let employees to work at home, mobile phone line will be busy.  

XionBunny

That’s why I have Fongo as a backup. Though I’ve been lucky and haven’t had issues my self.

Pawprints1986

popping

TELUS Mobility outages resolved for Alberta customers

https://globalnews.ca/news/6756486/telus-mobility-outage-alberta/

petesinfloor

I get the same with my Bell landline which is on fibre optic Internet line. This has nothing to do with Public Mobile, the world is on overload right now!

Relax sit back...

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Calling a Bell landline, my partner (on Fido) gets a single beep and the call drops. The owner of the line says everything is OK at his end.  It doesn't appear to happen with other calls she's making. So hard to know if it's his line or the Bell network or her carrier.

Insufficient data, cannot compute!

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wchu  I hear you,

a lot of people are probably getting that error because of call volume from remote workers this week, overloading some entire carrier's circuits. I'm sure most companies are having the same issues. For time being you can try downloading Textnow app and get a free number and call out from that.

Cheers 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@wchu it's a capacity problem  faced by all the traditional cell service providers. Add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. They don't appear to have the same problems.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@wchu hi it may be unacceptable but it.s all over Canada on all cell carriers because to many people are home 

popping

@wchu 

With people working at home using phone for conference calls between co-workers will put stress on Telus network. 

How many signal bars do you have on your phone?

Is it better at night?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

All the cell companies are overloaded due to the covid pandemic. Everyone is either on their phones or computers. You just need to try again like everyone else.

We all need to just calm down. Every company is facing very unusual circumstances and doing the best they can.

"Telus Communications, Rogers Communications and Bell Canada said Thursday they are working to improve capacity to route calls between carriers after reports of dropped calls, calls that fail to go through and “all circuits are busy” messages faced by some subscribers.

The companies report an increase in cell, landline and internet use as customers work from home, organize teleconferences and phone toll-free information numbers set up by provincial and federal governments.

“Given the unprecedented volume of mass-calling events and new 1-800 numbers being set up through government agencies to help Canadians through the crisis, there are some challenges with voice calling between different networks and providers,” said a Telus spokesperson, Liz Suave."

Need Help? Let's chat.