cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2GB bonus if I want to keep my old number

ascwin01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I already have a different 25 dollar plan with public mobile, but I want to get the new plan with 2GB bonus which means I would have to cancel my old plan. Could this mean if I get a new sim with public mobile I could use my old phone number?

50 REPLIES 50

@redz 

It's $5 more to change to the $40/5gb plan with the same amount of data and you have the freedom to change your plan when needed. Those who activate on this plan must stay on it or lose the 2gb bonus. There is nothing stopping you from activating a new account to get the bonus data and if you do it now you will get a free month credit.

redz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow.. Can't believe Public Mobile wont offer this to existing customers who are looking at spending more money. 

I was looking at changing from the $15 to $35 plan. Not adding the 2gb bonus is a deal breaker.

Shame on you Public Mobile!!!

@AE_Collector 

Unfortunately the OP lept before they looked.

@ascwin01 wrote:

Why is it that only public mobile give offers to new customers, not old customers? All other phone services are able to give these offers to all customers .

???

What subscription type service (Internet, TV, Landline, Cell Phone etc) are you referring to that gives all or even most Promos to any customer who asks for it? I know of exactly Zero. Providers of services I just mentioned routinely have New Customer offers that are to lure in new customers only. Once you ARE a New Customer thats the end of those promos for you.

Elsewhere you mentioned that you are on the $25 / 1 GB plan currently. How long have you been on this plan? Yes with this Promo you can get 5 GB for $35 but have you thought about how much you really need 5 GB? Sometimes I marvel at the extent people go to trying to get something without really needing it. Sure, I don't know how much data you need but until now you have seemingly been fine with 1 GB. Wouldn't 3 GB really be enough for $10 more per month rather than using 1 to 3 GB for $35 with 2 more GB never being needed and expiring at the end of every 30 days? Remember that after you set up a new account at another company then start a new account at Public Mobile (the new one you already created wont work for this, you need to start another new one as you port your number back to PM) in order to get this 2 GB bonus, you will have lost any accrued time towards loyalty rewards and any referrals you may have AND you are stuck on the $35 plan. A future plan change will remove the 2 GB bonus.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 

we told you that but you push up to asking them CSA,, is good to all know..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 : And it hasn't been for some time now. But hey never any harm in asking.

ascwin01

unfortunately they said it not possible

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

so the poster say,,

Is there any way to contact a live person through phone ?

so i'm not answer it a wrong, right

and all poster in here they asking and we Example, everything and you can review every poster. and i didn't do anything wrong may i right ?

and also you remove from my name the accepted as solution...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : Well...the poster did provide some help with the OP's question. But failed to mention that there's no one to call to begin with.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ascwin01 wrote:

@ascwin01 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Customer support agents will not assist a customer in moving a phone number from one Public Mobile account to another.  The OP could get the 2GB bonus by opening a new account through online activation on a $35 or higher plan, and while there are ways to get the old phone number into the new Public Mobile account,  the CSAs would not be able to help with this.

@ascwin01 

So what was the solution? Did the CSA make an exception?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 : Do the other providers give gifts of data and calling add-ons? I've seen 2gb, 1gb, 5gb, 1gb, 400 minutes, 500 minutes, 1000 minutes.

They also somewhat frequently add plans that we can all change to if we like. There was the $70 one added recently. Or they make existing a little better.

But I'm pretty sure all providers like to entice new customers just as much as the next one.

@ascwin01 wrote:

Why is it that only public mobile give offers to new customers, not old customers? All other phone services are able to give these offers to all customers .

This is a way for Telus to increase their market share by getting new customers. It’s like shopping for a mortgage. Banks will offer better deals to have you switch your mortgage to them while existing customers lose out.

@ascwin01 wrote:

It's an attempt to attract new customers.  Carriers usually do have promotions and plans that are only available to new customers (or sometimes to customers who are thinking about leaving). 

ascwin01

@ascwin01 wrote:

i have the 25 dollar plan but with this new plan 35 dollar plan i get 5gb every month.

This promo is aimed at new customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ascwin01 wrote:

@ascwin01 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

ascwin01

i have the 25 dollar plan but with this new plan 35 dollar plan i get 5gb every month.

ascwin01

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious , @computergeek541 : I'm not sure what those guidelines are but it has always been my recommendation (which clearly nobody in the company gives any kind of rodent part about) to give a new thread 15 minutes. Nice round easy number. Of course a line has to be drawn somewhere for the sake of forum flow. And I well understand that mobile/tablet browsers don't see the red box until they click Post whereas desktop browsers see it when it happens.

But as always...who am I to say.

@darlicious   You go girl.  You got brass ...     lol

@computergeek541 

Either way you know members are replying to new posts so you will irritate one member or another by moving new posts ASAP.  So you replied as I was typing but before @Anonymous replied to the post. Whatever I am just voicing my displeasure as I have every right to do so as you do knowing the possible consequences of your actions. So get used to it as I have to.......😋

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@BlueB 

I think what @Anonymous is saying is if you upgrade your plan to $35+ as an existing customer because you can't get this deal or can get a better plan elsewhere pm will offer you a 1gb bonus plan data for 6 to 12 months as long as you stay on the new upgraded plan. It's a customer retention deal.

@darlicious @BlueB 

yeah your right for new upgraded plan...like change old plan to another plan all is same mean,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB wrote:

@Anonymous 

Are you saying that they will give you 1GB free every 6 or 12 months?

@BlueB 

they will give an extra 1GB for free for one time only for 6 or 12 months, and depends that agent what the have can offer to you , you know

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Well that's an effective way of getting the first post past the post. Thanks for that at least I know youre online now.

Screenshot_20210825-124910.png

I posted before the thread was moved.  The thread move was done in accordance with suggested guidelines. Thanks.

@BlueB 

I think what @Anonymous is saying is if you upgrade your plan to $35+ as an existing customer because you can't get this deal or can get a better plan elsewhere pm will offer you a 1gb bonus plan data for 6 to 12 months as long as you stay on the new upgraded plan. It's a customer retention deal.

@BlueB 

The OP has already activated a new account with the offer and currently has two pm accounts.

@Anonymous 

I think I know what you are getting at but a better explanation is needed to clarify....this is YMMV  per customer request?

@ascwin01 

Open a chat with a virgin agent about a post paid plan. Anything $30+ that has calling in it. Tell them you need a post paid plan for work that's why you need to port out from pm. Ask if they can waive the $50 activation fee and how much their SIM card is or can you use the spare one your friend has...(your friend being Canadian Cell supplies $1 virgin sim card). Have them email you all the details you have discussed. 

If they wave the fee and you activate the $30 plan or even a $40 plan etc.... port in, let the dust settle for 2 or 3 days get your virgin account # and account set up then port back to pm in your new self serve account. Reply yes to the virgin PAT ( porting authorization text) and get your phone number back. $1 sim card+$3 to $5 prorated virgin plan +911 fees=$6 to $10. But you must get the $50 fee waived and read the small print and have a copy of what virgin agreed to.....

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

Are you saying that they will give you 1GB free every 6 or 12 months?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

or if you are a existing customer long time you can contact Customer Support Agent by  the will give you when change plan offer for 6 or 12 months 1GB for one time Free.

This is interesting... can you tell us more?  I'm not sure what you mean about change plan offer for 6 or 12 months 1GB for one time Free.  This is the first time I've heard of this and am interested in learning more.  🙂

@BlueB 

for big company public mobile don't like existing customer going to another company so when you like to change old plan to another plan the give you one time for 6 or 12 months 1GB for one time Free. like a gift to keep you a happy with public mobile, you know

but you have to contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

or if you are a existing customer long time you can contact Customer Support Agent by  the will give you when change plan offer for 6 or 12 months 1GB for one time Free.

This is interesting... can you tell us more?  I'm not sure what you mean about change plan offer for 6 or 12 months 1GB for one time Free.  This is the first time I've heard of this and am interested in learning more.  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.