cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2GB Bonus Data Promo.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this yet, But PM has a promotion going. You get 2GB extra of monthly free data on any plans 35$ and above and it never expires as long as you don't switch plans. 

Found it through an ad on Instagram. Here's the link. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd1-9671281201?cmp=SOC_Public-Mobile-Mobility-Performance-Always-O...

66 REPLIES 66

@darlicious  The team has been made aware and are updating. 

Thank you!

Jade

Anonymous
Not applicable

FREE UNLIMITED FULL 4G LTE DATA FOR AS LONG AS YOU'RE A CUSTOMER...for all this marketing wording and terminology advice. At least Jade_S is responding. So that's nice.

@J_PM 

Ditto....you still get the wrong date once you enter your email address.

Screenshot_20210609-092000.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for piping in @J_PM : Still not clear though.

"free 2GB recurring data bonus for a limited time" down in the footnote.

English is hard 🙂

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

Thank you all for your feedback. Jumping in to confirm the 2GB Bonus Offer is in fact reoccurring. 

Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB reoccurring data bonus for a limited time. Offer available to new customers who activate online.

We experienced some delays with updating the terms and conditions. Please note the updates are now complete with details of the offer here

Sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your continued support!

- The Public Mobile Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Then I've lost track of it all. We've got your image of wording. BearFBI's wording.  @wetcoaster's "come back offer" talk (was that image from that or the promo?)

Edit: before Jade_S's update...there was no mention of a date in BearFBI's link (which might have been updated by Jade_S).

@wetcoaster 

What's your comeback offer?

@wetcoaster 

That's a good point and one I would argue.

@Anonymous 

Yes that is confusing....that is the small print from my link. The following is the "correct" wording from the small print in @BearFBI 's link.

Screenshot_20210609-090319.png

@darlicious 

Well... is the "come back offer" an in market offer? I'd argue that, since it's only available to that specific e-mail (and others that have been targeted, of course) it's not available to just any new sign-up and therefore not "in-market"... But obviously that's just my layman's interpretation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman : Thanks for the update. Please go back to your earlier post and strike-out (or delete) the now-wrong info for future readers.

@darlicious : So now I'm reminded of the confusing part. The footnote at the bottom.

@wetcoaster  : Indeed.

Sorry everyone.  Just further clarification from admin.  

It is indeed re-occurring monthly 2GB data add on.  Jade_S just clarified about 25 minutes ago.  

@wetcoaster 

You can try but the small print does say it's not stackable.

Screenshot_20210609-065104.png

@Anonymous 

I wasn't questioning the recurring part, just the date...

The next thing to find out would be if it stacks with a "come back offer" sitting in my inbox....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster : And there again, some pretty clear wording. I don't know why anyone felt they had to get this clarified. "monthly bonus data". Pretty clear to me. But yes...May 7th 🙂

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I just registered another e-mail, and this is the screen shot.

Hard to ask for your bonus (in case it doesn't show up) with that May 7 date... But hey it's PM!

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 08.32.29.png

Edit: Erm, @darlicious 's picture wasn't there when I started typing. Sorry for the double post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GundamGuy1 : It should stay on. The question is what happens at renewal if partly used. Does it go back to zero. Does it come back when used up.

I updated my post above. Maybe you could post a screenshot of it. No private info.

@hTideGnow 

The poor wording on this promo is that when you enter your email it tells you to activate by May 7th 2021.

@GundamGuy1 

Thanks for confirming  it is indeed reoccuring.

Screenshot_20210609-065842.png

GundamGuy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone. I will do a check at the end of the cycle.

@GundamGuy1 

Unlimited=reoccuring.....that means there is no limit to how long it will last as long as you don't change your plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GundamGuy1 : Thanks. So it shows up over to the right...not under My Data & Add-ons.

I suppose the only absolute way to know is to use the main data and then start consuming it. Then come renewal, see if it goes back to 0 / 2048MB. If you don't use much data then shortly before the end of your term, do some speedtests to finish your plan data and then when you renew see what happens.

Edit: Maybe you could post a screenshot of it for us regulars. Blank out personal info of course.

@GundamGuy1 wrote:

How do we check if its recurring or one-time data?

I signed up and ported out of my good Koodo promo to get this deal after speaking to the sales team via Live Chat (and just re-affirmed) that the 2gb data is a recurring bonus.

In My Account, it says on the promotion side. I don't know how to really interpret this.

Promotions Amount Used Current Plan Cycle
2GB data bonus 0 / 2048 MB Unlimited

Keep an eye on My Data & Add-ons when your plan renews itself in 30 days. You should see another batch of 2GB Bonus data....if it is a recurring bonus.

BearFBI

@GundamGuy1 If it's reoccurring then that's a freaking good deal. 

Is there any plan cycle number like 0/10 or 0/1 ?

GundamGuy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do we check if its recurring or one-time data?

I signed up and ported out of my good Koodo promo to get this deal after speaking to the sales team via Live Chat (and just re-affirmed) that the 2gb data is a recurring bonus.

In My Account, it says on the promotion side. I don't know how to really interpret this.

Promotions Amount Used Current Plan Cycle
2GB data bonus 0 / 2048 MB Unlimited

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's to clarify? It says recurring. I suppose they could say the limited time is once but that's pretty false and deceiving advertising. Recurring means recurring. At $35, this promo is basically $5 off the $40 plan.

Do we have anything definitive yet from customers that got this promo? One-time, or recurring?

I've often mused that this place is where the new marketing trainees come and cut their teeth. But with the frequent poor misleading wording that goes on with promos, it's a wonder those folks get promoted. Or of course for all we know they no longer work for the company.

BearFBI

@hTideGnow said "(maybe that's why the site is down now?? someone working hard to fix all the wordings everywhere    LoL) ."

Lol mabey. 

@darlicious is right, registering your email and signing up for the offer makes some good points to file an argument to the CCTS. Then they'd have to honor it, It literally says it's a monthly recurring addon. I think PM had the intention to make it that but then they pulled it, there is no way someone can mess up that bad on wording.

@hTideGnow 

Clarified to whom?  The oracles? I just registered a couple more emails just in case....I do have a $20 bonus referral credit to work on.

If it has been clarified only 1 time, why don't they at least change the site to reflect the "new" promotion.

(maybe that's why the site is down now?? someone working hard to fix all the wordings everywhere    LoL) .

@Dunkman 

Anyone could you just need to sign up.....why has pm not removed the promotion if they are not going to honour it? 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd3-3523583103?ds_rl=1268486&ds_rl=1268486&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7KHm3...

@darlicious wrote:

@Dunkman 

If I activated with the email I recieved the above email....trust me I would be getting the promotion.

@darlicious 

And you would make a great argument with the above screenshots.  

@Dunkman 

If I activated with the email I recieved the above email....trust me I would be getting the promotion.

Need Help? Let's chat.